The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Unlike are last Disney trip, we are kind of winging it... I did write down a bunch that looked good to me. Problem is.. I don't like Cajun or Creole food.... so it's more about what hubby wants, and I'll just need to find something. I do like seafood though, so hoping to have some of that while were there.

Do you have some dining suggestions to add to my list?

I do indeed, thanks for asking...!!! :)
When we were last there in Sept. of ‘15 for youngest DDs 21st birthday, we ate breakfast at The Ruby Slipper and The Camellia Grill, dinner at Acme Oyster House and Napoleon House, and had beignets at Cafe Du Monde (as well as a few Hurricanes at Pat O’Brien’s ;)).
All very good places, and I highly recommend them...!!!!! :hungry::happy::)

Rista1313

I do indeed, thanks for asking...!!! :)
When we were last there in Sept. of ‘15 for youngest DDs 21st birthday, we ate breakfast at The Ruby Slipper and The Camellia Grill, dinner at Acme Oyster House and Napoleon House, and had beignets at Cafe Du Monde (as well as a few Hurricanes at Pat O’Brien’s ;)).
All very good places, and I highly recommend them...!!!!! :hungry::happy::)

Perfect, thanks! I haven't been there in about 24 years. On my list I already had The Ruby Slipper and Acme Oyster house... Cafe Du Monde doesn't even need to be put on the list because hubby would not let me forget that he wants to try a real beignet! And he loves chicory coffee

donaldtoo

I need some happy medium 75 in the summer, 75 in the winter...

That was our 8 years in San Jose, CA, but, the cost of living there these days is through the roof.
My folks sold our house there for about 60K when we moved back to Texas. Check out the estimated value of that same house now (and, quite frankly, it was in much better condition back then...Italian Cypress lined the sidewalk to the front porch, the yard was immaculate, and the roof was cedar shakes)...!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:o_O:cyclops:;):)

StarWarsGirl

I ended up getting them this, plus two other toy packs (they were on sale). Gave Jasmine two toys from the other pack and put the rest in the toybox. Yes, my cats have a toybox.

Which is actually nice because we toss toys in there, and then when they want them, they go to the box. When we find them laying around, we toss them back in the box.

Also because these cats have tons of toys. It helps Jasmine not to get bored and therefore destructive.

21stamps

How are things in Ohio @21stamps and @dryerlintfan ?

Cold and crazy busy!!!

Had major drama on the February 1st when I realized that I forgot to sign T up for baseball.. registration ended the day before. Emailed immediately, but they have 16 kids on the team this year!!! Didn’t have enough for 2 American League teams!!!
So, after emailing, calling, frantic FB posts requesting help from my network.. I found him a team thanks to another parent! He’s playing for a different Catholic school, not ours.. it will be weird, but hoping he gets on the same baseball team as one of his soccer teammates! Still waiting to hear from a coach though, which is making me a little nervous.

Besides that we’re still at 6 days per week of sports currently.. and T has requested “Portugal, Spain, or Morocco” instead of Bermuda. I don’t know why he’s not excited about Bermuda!!
I can’t find any reasonable airfare to Portugal or Spain for our dates (realized this after I tentatively planned the rest of the trip).. so I talked to him and showed him more photos of Bermuda.
He said “What about the Dominican Republic?”

So, I have 1 week left to either cancel this cruise or keep it. I don’t know if we’re destined to do a cruise this year.. we keep changing our minds 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

We’ll see. The DR does sound good to me, and easier than Europe.. but I’ve been there and have not been to Bermuda.

What’s new with you?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I came home to some flowers today, tulips one of my favorites. It was a little pick me up from Brad since it is the 7th Anniversary of my mom's passing . They are beautiful but so was she, so is the person who gave them to me.

Then I did some clean up shoveling. Here are our snowbanks.

And I took this picture on January 20 of our yard.

Here it is now.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Cold and crazy busy!!!

Had major drama on the February 1st when I realized that I forgot to sign T up for baseball.. registration ended the day before. Emailed immediately, but they have 16 kids on the team this year!!! Didn’t have enough for 2 American League teams!!!
So, after emailing, calling, frantic FB posts requesting help from my network.. I found him a team thanks to another parent! He’s playing for a different Catholic school, not ours.. it will be weird, but hoping he gets on the same baseball team as one of his soccer teammates! Still waiting to hear from a coach though, which is making me a little nervous.

Besides that we’re still at 6 days per week of sports currently.. and T has requested “Portugal, Spain, or Morocco” instead of Bermuda. I don’t know why he’s not excited about Bermuda!!
I can’t find any reasonable airfare to Portugal or Spain for our dates (realized this after I tentatively planned the rest of the trip).. so I talked to him and showed him more photos of Bermuda.

So, I have 1 week left to either cancel this cruise or keep it. I don’t know if we’re destined to do a cruise this year.. we keep changing our minds 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

We’ll see. The DR does sound good to me, and easier than Europe.. but I’ve been there and have not been to Bermuda.

What’s new with you?

Maybe he is afraid to be in the Bermuda Triangle..... :cautious:;) Any vacation sound good right now, my advice just go somewhere and somewhere with no snow. Sorry that is my "I'm so sick of winter" attitude coming out right now.

MySmallWorldof4

That was our 8 years in San Jose, CA, but, the cost of living there these days is through the roof.
My folks sold our house there for about 60K when we moved back to Texas. Check out the estimated value of that same house now (and, quite frankly, it was in much better condition back then...Italian Cypress lined the sidewalk to the front porch, the yard was immaculate, and the roof was cedar shakes)...!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:o_O:cyclops:;):)

View attachment 349899
How do people afford that? That is like a starter home. And I am certain the property taxes are through the roof.

MySmallWorldof4

Cold and crazy busy!!!

What’s new with you?
I will tell you what’s not new. It is cold and windy and I am so over the winter. There seems to be winter precip forecasted every few days.
Hopefully baseball will work out just fine.
I would go to Bermuda. Just my 2 cents. :)
Oh yeah, don’t forget to breathe. ;)

donaldtoo

Aren’t you glad that your dad was rerouted? Amazing how the police were sent to intercept his coworker. Incredible that they even found him.

Definitely glad he was rerouted!!!!! :happy:
We enjoyed our 8 years in San Jose, but, were ready to get back to Texas when we did.
Pop passed on a few transfers to places, other than Texas, that included raises and promotions (back in the day the joke was that IBM actually stood for I’ve Been Moved :hilarious:) ‘til he was finally offered the transfer to Austin...!!!!!!! :happy::)

As far as intercepting the coworker goes...
It was 1968, so along with there being no cell phones, it was even before everybody and their brother had a CB radio...!!!!! :hilarious:
IIRC, from his name and the address they were moving from the highway patrol was able to get a licence plate number and the make, model, and year of the car.
They simply radioed that info ahead to the next town that they figured he’d hafta’/likely be driving through on the main road. Sure enough, a patrol car spotted him passing through town, pulled him over, and sent him west...!!! :)

MySmallWorldof4

Definitely glad he was rerouted!!!!! :happy:
We enjoyed our 8 years in San Jose, but, were ready to get back to Texas when we did.
Pop passed on a few transfers to places, other than Texas, that included raises and promotions (back in the day the joke was that IBM actually stood for I’ve Been Moved :hilarious:) ‘til he was finally offered the transfer to Austin...!!!!!!! :happy::)

As far as intercepting the coworker goes...
It was 1968, so along with there being no cell phones, it was even before everybody and their brother had a CB radio...!!!!! :hilarious:
IIRC, from his name and the address they were moving from the highway patrol was able to get a licence plate number and the make, model, and year of the car.
They simply radioed that info ahead to the next town that they figured he’d hafta’/likely be driving through on the main road. Sure enough, a patrol car spotted him passing through town, pulled him over, and sent him west...!!! :)
Crazy! Wonder what his initial reaction was when he was told to head to CA? How did housing get handled? Did IBM find the houses for the families?

Rista1313

View attachment 349899

Aren't house prices insane?!? I don't understand how anyone can afford to live in Cali?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom