The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

I came home to some flowers today, tulips one of my favorites. It was a little pick me up from Brad since it is the 7th Anniversary of my mom's passing . They are beautiful but so was she, so is the person who gave them to me.
View attachment 349927

Then I did some clean up shoveling. Here are our snowbanks.
View attachment 349930

View attachment 349931

And I took this picture on January 20 of our yard.
View attachment 349929

Here it is now.
View attachment 349928

Brad needs to save the poor xmas decorations!

Those are crazy piles... and I thought mine were bad!

Tony the Tigger

When you can do whatever you want to, it’s hard to figure out what to do!

Valentine’s Day lunch at Brown Derby tomorrow, then I’m on my own from about 2pm til parks close and I have to pick up the pup from BFPC.

Got a super cheap room at Quality Inn just so I can take a break, and/or a nap before driving back to Tampa at night.

I’m leaning towards bites at the Arts Festival that I missed last time and maybe FP Illuminations.

Or - splurge solo dinner at a lounge with a nice menu. (Or both if Epcot is early enough LOL!)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
When you can do whatever you want to, it’s hard to figure out what to do!

Valentine’s Day lunch at Brown Derby tomorrow, then I’m on my own from about 2pm til parks close and I have to pick up the pup from BFPC.

Got a super cheap room at Quality Inn just so I can take a break, and/or a nap before driving back to Tampa at night.

I’m leaning towards bites at the Arts Festival that I missed last time and maybe FP Illuminations.

Or - splurge solo dinner at a lounge with a nice menu. (Or both if Epcot is early enough LOL!)

Sounds like a good Valentines day! (And don't forget a little Valentines treat for Kylie!) :happy:

Tony the Tigger

Sounds like a good Valentines day! (And don't forget a little Valentines treat for Kylie!) :happy:

Kylie is getting the Minnie :jawdrop: red collar with little red bow (she's not usually so feminine!) I'll pick it up at one of the parks.

And Julie (our fave bartender) is opening at Tune-In tomorrow. So we can go over there for the no-sugar added cheesecake for dessert before B has to head back. (Slinky Dog what?) So no cake ordering at Brown Derby (it was like a $75 minimum for sugar free.)

@Gabe1 posted so many good looking pics of things I missed at the Epcot booths, I think I have to head back there for the second half of the day.

Getting a little chilly again, though! I had gotten used to my normal warmth levels in SoFla. Have to go walk the mongrel in 52 degrees in a few.

Tomorrow is looking 75 and sunny in Kissimmee!

donaldtoo

Perfect, thanks! I haven't been there in about 24 years. On my list I already had The Ruby Slipper and Acme Oyster house... Cafe Du Monde doesn't even need to be put on the list because hubby would not let me forget that he wants to try a real beignet! And he loves chicory coffee

You’re welcome!!! :)

For breakfast at The Ruby Slipper I had the shrimp and grits...!!!!! :hungry:

For dinner at Acme Oyster House I had a half dozen raw oysters on the half shell and a half dozen broiled parmesan oysters on the half shell...!!!!! :hungry:

Also, these guys from Canada sang happy birthday to youngest DD, and the family at the table next to us bought her an oyster shooter, which she politely choked down (sorry, but, the pic of the shooter is after she already choked it down)...good times...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious::)

donaldtoo

Crazy! Wonder what his initial reaction was when he was told to head to CA? How did housing get handled? Did IBM find the houses for the families?

For both moves (from AL to CA, then from CA to TX) pop was given an expense account to pay for temporary housing, food, etc.
They found our first house in CA on their own.
When we moved back to Texas, I remember they worked with a real estate agent, but, they ended up finding the home they are still living in 42+ years later on their own, as well. I remember us kiddos really loving that house, and I like to think we had a little sway in the choice too...!!! ;);)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom