The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Cheers to you too. I drank this tiny thing at a Mexican restaurant tonight and then went to a two hour long play without an intermission. Note to self: Do not ever again drink a margarita as big as your head and then go to a two hour show without an intermission. My bladder is very mad at me. šŸ˜œ
View attachment 349805

The show was THE CAKE, starring Debra Jo Rupp from That 70ā€™s Show, and was about a popular bake shop that refuses to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple. Very funny. Very sad. Very topical. Written by one of the head writers of This Is Us. Annnnyway, I loved it.
View attachment 349808

Thanks!!! :)
:hilarious:
What?!?!?! :oops: No screens in the bathroom so yaā€™ donā€™t miss any of the show...???!!!!! :eek::hilarious::D;):)

donaldtoo

I do fly into MSP, but I take the Rochester shuttle from the airport to Rochester. One year, I definitely need to make time on my way in to take a trip over there!

I have a story involving Rochester, MN, that Iā€™ve posted about here before, but, it was a while back...

When I was 4 yrs. old and we still lived in San Antonio, TX, my pop left his job at Alamo Iron Works for a job at the Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL in 1966. After about 18 mos. there, himself and and co-worker got jobs with olā€™ ā€œBig Blueā€ (IBM ;)). The new jobs were in Rochester.
My pops co-worker and his family had already been on the road for about an hour.
Just a few minutes before we left the house for Rochester, the phone rang. Pop was informed that there was a change in plans and he and his co-worker were to instead head to San Jose, CA...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:
They had to alert the highway patrol to intercept the co-worker, who finally found him and sent him west...!!!!! :hilarious:
A true story, and we spent the next 8 yrs. in No Cal before moving back to Texas in August of ā€˜76...so many twisty-turnys in so many of our lives..!!!!! :)

donaldtoo

LOL.. I can't do that every night! I actually ended up making an easy list and made dinner plans thru Sunday... it wasn't until I was already at the store that I realized we aren't going to be home Sunday ... and New Orleans will be cooking for me for the next 4 days after.

Oooooo...NOLA...!!!!!!! :joyfull::)
Love that place!!!!! :inlove:
Where will yaā€™ be dininā€™, if yaā€™ donā€™t mind me askinā€™...?!!! :hungry::)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@MinnieM123 please be very careful going to work today!

Thanks, I will. At 4:30 this morning, I was shoveling off the front steps and sidewalk--heavy wet snow, but it was under 2 inches, so that really helped move it out quickly.

The only problem (of course) was the end of the driveway where plow after plow last night pushed in huge boulders of snow. But, the temperature got above 36 overnight, and at least it was wet enough to move (not like concrete in freezing temps), so I kinda dodged a bullet there. All in all, just 1/2 hour shoveling.

The city crews also salted the carp out of the roads last night, so those actually look good this morning for travel. :)

Rista1313

I have a story involving Rochester, MN, that Iā€™ve posted about here before, but, it was a while back...

When I was 4 yrs. old and we still lived in San Antonio, TX, my pop left his job at Alamo Iron Works for a job at the Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL in 1966. After about 18 mos. there, himself and and co-worker got jobs with olā€™ ā€œBig Blueā€ (IBM ;)). The new jobs were in Rochester.
My pops co-worker and his family had already been on the road for about an hour.
Just a few minutes before we left the house for Rochester, the phone rang. Pop was informed that there was a change in plans and he and his co-worker were to instead head to San Jose, CA...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:
They had to alert the highway patrol to intercept the co-worker, who finally found him and sent him west...!!!!! :hilarious:
A true story, and we spent the next 8 yrs. in No Cal before moving back to Texas in August of ā€˜76...so many twisty-turnys in so many of our lives..!!!!! :)

That's a little bit crazy.... What if your pops and his co-worker didn't want to move to cali? At least it was warm.... Rochester is a cool city... I wouldn't mind living there, but hubby is already in pain with the cold weather here all winter, and it gets worse there, so it's a no from him.

Rista1313

Oooooo...NOLA...!!!!!!! :joyfull::)
Love that place!!!!! :inlove:
Where will yaā€™ be dininā€™, if yaā€™ donā€™t mind me askinā€™...?!!! :hungry::)

Unlike are last Disney trip, we are kind of winging it... I did write down a bunch that looked good to me. Problem is.. I don't like Cajun or Creole food.... so it's more about what hubby wants, and I'll just need to find something. I do like seafood though, so hoping to have some of that while were there.

Do you have some dining suggestions to add to my list?

MySmallWorldof4

Sorry your roads were crappy, but at least you are safe at home. We were actually told yesterday that so far the make up days with students are planned for a day that was going to be teacher in-service and a day that was going to be parent-teacher conferences during the day (still conferences will be at night). So maybe my trip will be okay, this snow just needs to STOP! We have enough already. But I have come to terms that if I have to give it up I will be okay.

I guess on the bright side, looks like hubs and I will finally be able to use the snowshoes we bought finally.
The like is for the snowshoes. I hope your trip goes forward. I sympathize with the never ending precipitation. Everytime I look at our 15 day forecast, I just see a bunch of snow and sleet listed. Ridiculous.

MySmallWorldof4

In NC we shut down if someone mentions snow (depth has no factor in it). I always kid them about the closed school situation. The county I live in covers a lot of area. Heck, even the cities do, but, the decisions about when to close are from a central location. So many times, especially in the Raleigh area we won't get a single flake, but, if another town further north gets some snow, they will close all county schools. They don't even try and set up a system that reports on local areas or give the individual schools the power to close or stay open based on the weather in their area. There's got to be a better way.

When I was a kid, growing up near the Canadian Border in N.Y. State and later in Vermont, unless it was freezing rain, there would be no school closures. If the bus were to slide off the the highway into a ditch and kids got hurt the best you could hope for was a two hour delay to get band-aids applied.
That last paragraph might have been a minor exaggeration, but, not as far off as you may think.
It seems that the school buses have the power over the closings. Where we live there are no sidewalks except in the main part of town so kids are not permitted to walk. The bus companies are worried about liability maybe more than anything else in the bad weather and if they donā€™t run, then no school. Originally our district was the only one closed yesterday originally. By 6am they all went from 2 hour delays to closures. It was raining by 10 and the roads were fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom