• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Advertisement
We'll get a chunk of the storm during the mid/late afternoon commute home tomorrow. My area isn't supposed to get much--maybe 4-5 inches. For us, the issue will be the Weds. AM commute into work--supposed to be icy. Uh oh ... 🤦
Hahaha...in Baltimore, we would shut down completely for 4-5 inches.

ajrwdwgirl

DId you get poles too? Hubby has his cane, so I think we would have to get him poles to stay upright.
Yes we got poles as well, it helps with stability. Have you been snow shoeing before? Is there anywhere around you that rents snow shoes or does some one you know have them? Sometimes ski places or large parks that have trails might rent them, the Arboretum near us rents them out. It might be a good idea to try it out before investing in them. We got our snow shoes on a black friday deal, they were supposed to be $120 and we got them for $50. There are sets on Walmart.com and other places that are regularly $50-$70 and we looked at those but then this deal came up.

ajrwdwgirl

Good Morning! Ice over here, still. And a school district that will not delay start. That means I got to skate the car to the high school, where the highest concentration of inexperienced drivers are. I have never seen the roads this bad. I am really surprised the schools didn't call for another snow day, as it is still precipitating.

I did giggle a bit at the kid trying to get through the parking lot with slides on his feet.
Ugh, ice is worse than snow. Stay safe.

Rista1313

Yes we got poles as well, it helps with stability. Have you been snow shoeing before? Is there anywhere around you that rents snow shoes or does some one you know have them? Sometimes ski places or large parks that have trails might rent them, the Arboretum near us rents them out. It might be a good idea to try it out before investing in them. We got our snow shoes on a black friday deal, they were supposed to be $120 and we got them for $50. There are sets on Walmart.com and other places that are regularly $50-$70 and we looked at those but then this deal came up.
That's a good idea.. I'm sure there must be places around here that do that... I'll have to look into it.

SteveBrickNJ

This is a funny response that IS worthy of "likes".....
but I AM really curious how you quoted my game thread post from "Cut the Word / Add a Word" and made it appear here on the Chit Chat thread.
Come on.....spill the beans.;)
Additionally I am wondering why when I click on the yellow emoji guy with the sunglasses he doesn't appear on my post anymore. Now when I select the sunglasses guy he is replaced with 🆒

Mr Ferret 88

Premium Member
This is a funny response that IS worthy of "likes".....
but I AM really curious how you quoted my game thread post from "Cut the Word / Add a Word" and made it appear here on the Chit Chat thread.
Come on.....spill the beans.;)
Additionally I am wondering why when I click on the yellow emoji guy with the sunglasses he doesn't appear on my post anymore. Now when I select the sunglasses guy he is replaced with 🆒

figmentfan423

That is so true! You should see me go over the grocery receipts and when it goes over $100 I am like, "What did I buy?" At Disney, "Oh, let's get this and that. Wait, I don't have that cute Mickey cake pan!" 🙄:hilarious:
Speaking of throwing money at The World, did you make a reservation yet?
Am I the only one who spends less than $100 and says what the heck did I forget:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Top Bottom