The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My niece is visiting this weekend. Since it is super cold outdoor activity is not going to happen. I gave her a list of indoor things to do and places to go. She looked at them and picked the Mall of America. So once everyone is up and ready we’ll grab some breakfast and head out. Have a great Saturday!

Meant to mention this recently, (although your niece is probably beyond the doll stage at this point).

Are you aware that the American Girl store is closing at the Mall of America? They're also shutting down some of their others, including one in MA. The closures will happen on March 20th.

Aside of the above, I'm sure you'll both have a blast today. :) Hope you have a tasty lunch while you're out there as well.

donaldtoo

So we all have 2 degrees to Scott Bakula now! :hilarious:

I’ve always loved the Kevin Bacon game...!!!
:)

DS and MIL met George W. Bush years ago when he was still the Texas Governor and he visited the school that DS was going to summer school at. Plus, one of the partners has met both George W. and Laura Bush.
So that means 1 degree from them, and 2 degrees away from a ton of other famous people!!!
Plus, I’ve also met Craig T. Nelson, who was in “Turner & Hooch” with Tom Hanks, and Kevin Bacon was in “Apollo 13” with Tom Hanks. So, that’s 2 degrees from Kevin Bacon, and a ton of other famous people ...!!! :)

Myself and Craig T. Nelson from 1986...!!!!!!!! :joyfull:;):)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Meant to mention this recently, (although your niece is probably beyond the doll stage at this point).

Are you aware that the American Girl store is closing at the Mall of America? They're also shutting down some of their others, including one in MA. The closures will happen on March 20th.

Aside of the above, I'm sure you'll both have a blast today. :) Hope you have a tasty lunch while you're out there as well.

She is a little old for American Girl and hasn’t ever been into them. She loved her Disney princess dolls. I didn’t know they were going to close though. That’s too bad, the dolls were cute. We did have a good time at the Mall. I have a couple pictures to post later.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Here’s a few pictures from our day at the Mall of America. My niece really wanted to shop at the Disney store and Macy’s. So those were our main goals.

A chandelier of sorts near the disney store.

I saw this sign in a window and it’s pretty much true! Hahah!

In Macy’s my niece and I had a couple princess moments in the Prom dress section.

We also found Chapel hats and since hubs was looking for a stocking hat and saw some in there we went in. It reminded us of Disney Springs. We had fun trying on hats. I tried to convince B to get the tam type hat for golfing.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We decided to have lunch at Wahlburgers. It was pretty good. We shared pulled pork poutine, cheese curds, tots and each got our own burger. I only took a picture of my burger though, it was a patty melt. It tasted good but could have had more grilled onions but the bacon was really good.

The poutine came first and we took it down before the curds came out.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Here’s a few pictures from our day at the Mall of America. My niece really wanted to shop at the Disney store and Macy’s. So those were our main goals.

A chandelier of sorts near the disney store.
View attachment 349102

View attachment 349103

View attachment 349104
I saw this sign in a window and it’s pretty much true! Hahah!

View attachment 349105
In Macy’s my niece and I had a couple princess moments in the Prom dress section.
View attachment 349107

View attachment 349106

We also found Chapel hats and since hubs was looking for a stocking hat and saw some in there we went in. It reminded us of Disney Springs. We had fun trying on hats. I tried to convince B to get the tam type hat for golfing.
View attachment 349108

View attachment 349109

View attachment 349110
We just saw someone in here with that sweatshirt on!

On that note where are we on #NATIONALPIZZADAY

Rista1313

We also found Chapel hats and since hubs was looking for a stocking hat and saw some in there we went in. It reminded us of Disney Springs.

The hats look great on both of you! Chapel hats is DH's favorite... he got a top hat from there in December (the only reason he agreed to go to DS during Thanksgiving week) When I was looking at the map of New Orleans and what's near our hotel... wouldn't you know it Chapel Hats!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom