The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Realistically, if someone is on these discussion board on a regular basis and disappears with no word. It is usually not a happy ending. The two of them just disappeared with no real reason that we know of. I know that if I all of a sudden just disappeared from the boards, it would be something serious. I'm not talking about just a couple of weeks, but, when it stretches into months, I am o
Winter has only just begun. Ugh!
The best thing about this winter is that my favorite football team made the playoffs and then beat the Chicago Bears.

Hmpf...and ouch!!!! :cautious: May you have a visit every night from the Heffalumps and Woozles for the rest of the NFL Season. :p

giphy.gif

Gabe1

Here’s the interesting thing. Dh said the guy had pulled over on his own. The car had broken down and he had his hood up. The police just happened to be driving by and stopped. Dh watched a bit inbetween doing stuff. He thought the guy passed, but then he was cuffed and put in the police car. Who knows the reasoning.

I want to know now. I never like missing the end of a story.

Gabe1

Yupper, positives and negatives about newer modes of communication. You made a good example about your DD. Where I was coming from on this topic, was from a conversation I heard between some of the doctors and management-level nurses, regarding (some) of the younger nurses seeming to lack a balance of analytical skills, and thinking everything was white or black (based upon a few data points).

They also appeared less willing to search on their own, for the dots to connect the puzzle. Because they grew up in an instant news, etc., electronic world, some assume many things are like that, too. I wish you had heard the conversation--the medical team was very concerned.

My BBF is a The Director of Nursing at one of the Best Hospitals in Illinois in Chicago. If they are plucking the best of Nurses from the top nursing colleges with BA's they likely don't have a lot to worry about as they have to graduate and past their certification tests. Sometimes people need to make others look bad to make themselves feel superior, likely what your hearing the elder professionals gossiping about. If it is a teaching hospital...figure it out yourself isn't likely part of the boards policy or goals.

If they are not hiring the cream of Nursing candidates then it is a HR hiring problem for not vetting their grades, clinicals etc., and poor hiring practices start at the top. My friend who has her doctoral in nursing is often frustrated over the old and old school doc's and support staff that find any little thing they can to pick at with her new nurses, easy targets, these young'ns have been trained with the latest equipment and most current best practices. I'm not overly proud of my generation needing to find fault with the millennial generation and it is only going to get worse as our country keeps raising the retirement age. I'm on the very tail end of the Baby Boomers, the anti-establishment generation and the generation that never found a debt they didn't like. My folks generation had quite a bit to say about the Hippy Generation too.

StarWarsGirl

Cannot like that. I loved going to bookstores. None by me. Target and Walmart would be the only place here to go for books in person, otherwise it is Amazon or B&N.
We used to have more B&N around here; Amazon is doing them in. We have some local shops still surviving here. Our pharmacy is independent (an Epic member). Our local Itallian restaurant put our local Domino's out of business. We have quite a few independent liquor stores since you can't buy alcohol in grocery stores here. And then for some reason garden centers do well here. But bookstores just can't compete with Amazon. Sadly.

Gabe1

We used to have more B&N around here; Amazon is doing them in. We have some local shops still surviving here. Our pharmacy is independent (an Epic member). Our local Itallian restaurant put our local Domino's out of business. We have quite a few independent liquor stores since you can't buy alcohol in grocery stores here. And then for some reason garden centers do well here. But bookstores just can't compete with Amazon. Sadly.

I can get to two B&N and I do. I do miss Borders too as they were a little different than B&N. And I agree with the Amazon comments and add in the digital downloads put the same time of hit to books much like the digital download of music. We are also starting to see the same thing happening with Streaming Services taking over the likes of Cable TV along with Uber having its impact on Taxi companies. The one that breaks my nostalgic little heart is the shaky ground Newspapers are on. My BIL ran the printing department for 2 of the major newspapers in Chicago, talk about a major turn of events for those people and their careers.

But the flower and garden centers are likely to remain. States are very touch about plants being brought across state lines without all sorts of hoop jumping.

donaldtoo

I was that way, too (except I didn’t know about cars LOL.) I bought a 1994(?) Mazda MPV around 2001 for $1800 and drove it until about 2012.

The next 3 in a row were duds, though. None lasted a year. But the last one was a big step up - it was a 2003 and had the key thingy where you press the button and the door unlocks 😄 which was my most advanced “tech.”

The last few years of unreliability and the latest head gasket issue made me realize it was time.

Don’t know how to use everything in the new one yet, but I do enjoy it!

Hahaaa...!!!!! :hilarious:
Yep, the ‘03 Chevy Malibu I’m currently driving is the first vehicle I’ve ever owned with a key fob...just call me Autotech Man...!!!!! :happy: ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom