The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

o we couldn't go out to dinner tonight (like we always do on Friday nights)

That's my house! We almost always go out to dinner on Fridays, but lately hubby has been playing dungeons and dragons. So tonight we ate leftovers. I also go grocery shopping on Saturday mornings. This week though, I'm going to go thru the cupboard and make some meals out of what we have... the cupboard is full of stuff, but may need just 1 or 2 ingredients to make a whole meal. So it's eat from the freezer and cupboards week.

Usually I have a meal plan made up from my Pinterest board, write down all the ingredients I need, go thru the fridge and cupboards to see if I can cross anything off the list that we might already have, and then I shop!

21stamps

Car is in the shop for repair, so we couldn't go out to dinner tonight (like we always do on Friday nights). Oh well. I had a peanut butter sandwich at home. (This is one reason why we go out every Friday night--no food left in the kitchen).

(Grocery shopping is Saturday mornings, and then we wolf down everything by Thursday.) Fridays are slim pickins at home! :p (Oh, we've taken a taxi before to the restaurant, if the car wasn't running, but with the tip and all, round trip is $20. We might as well throw that into the grocery money tomorrow.)

Totally relate!
I always have to add milk to my coffee creamer on Fridays.. I’m down to the last drip.lol.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Car is in the shop for repair, so we couldn't go out to dinner tonight (like we always do on Friday nights). Oh well. I had a peanut butter sandwich at home. (This is one reason why we go out every Friday night--no food left in the kitchen).

(Grocery shopping is Saturday mornings, and then we wolf down everything by Thursday.) Fridays are slim pickins at home! :p (Oh, we've taken a taxi before to the restaurant, if the car wasn't running, but with the tip and all, round trip is $20. We might as well throw that into the grocery money tomorrow.)
Blurg. Sorry. Been there a few times this year

I’ve found Uber and Lyft a much more economical alternative to taxi cabs the last few years.

Songbird76

Just left work and heading to the picnic, T is already there with a friend. I stopped at Starbucks for reinforcements.. buy one get one free, so I ordered 2, for myself. 😂

Venti Iced White Mocha and Venti Salted Caramel Macchiato.. I cant even think about the calorie content here.. I just need the caffeine. 🤣🤣

View attachment 320915View attachment 320916
Couldn't convince him to skip the picnic?

Songbird76

I read that and thought they were crazy. and that's coming from somebody who did a 4 park hop. I like to take a little time to stop and smell the pixie dust To each their own
I just can't imagine how much money they spent on that! I mean, I think park tickets for one day are really expensive...especially park hoppers. And then to not even really get to spend much time in any of those parks, but to pay for a flight and then single day park tickets fo DL? It wouldn't be worth the money to me, but like you said, to each their own. If I had that much money to spend for one event, I'd rather stay for a few nights and see more of either WDW or DL, maybe go out for a really nice dinner. I guess it's possible that they only HAD 1 day to do everything, but I bet that was one exhausting day.

Songbird76

Oy. I’d be blessed if my Mom would just stop turning her cell phone off. Calls me. If I can’t pick up immediately she turns it off after she calls. Why just why?
My dad was the exact same way!! He never had it on because he was worried about the battery dying. His was just an old flip-phone type...not a smartphone. The battery could last several days. But he'd bring it with him in case HE needed to call someone, but he didn't leave it on so someone ELSE could call HIM.
My brother got married in 2010 and my dad had been planning to go. He didn't approve, but he was planning to go. The day before, when I talked to him, he was worried about driving directions once he got to Laramie. So I told him, when you get to Laramie, call me, and I'll meet you and we'll lead you where you need to go. So we agreed on that. The day of the wedding, I'm waiting for the call. We get DD's hair done, we get her dress on her, we take pictures, we're all dressed and ready to go, and I still haven't gotten a phone call. I try to call him....he's got his phone turned off. Ceremony starts....ceremony finishes...BBQ in the park....still no dad, so I'm freaking out, thinking he's lying in a ditch somewhere on the side of the road. I'm calling everyone he knows. "Have you heard from my dad?" Nope...isn't he supposed to be at your brother's wedding? Why, yes, he IS supposed to be here, but he's not, and his cell phone isn't on so I don't know WHY. Finally, he calls me and tells me he just couldn't support it so he decided not to come. He didn't think to CALL me and tell me he wasn't coming. I was pretty ticked over that one. Not just hurting my brother all over again, but to let us think he was coming and then worry about him when he didn't show up. Just turn the phone on so people can get in touch with you!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
My dad was the exact same way!! He never had it on because he was worried about the battery dying. His was just an old flip-phone type...not a smartphone. The battery could last several days. But he'd bring it with him in case HE needed to call someone, but he didn't leave it on so someone ELSE could call HIM.
My brother got married in 2010 and my dad had been planning to go. He didn't approve, but he was planning to go. The day before, when I talked to him, he was worried about driving directions once he got to Laramie. So I told him, when you get to Laramie, call me, and I'll meet you and we'll lead you where you need to go. So we agreed on that. The day of the wedding, I'm waiting for the call. We get DD's hair done, we get her dress on her, we take pictures, we're all dressed and ready to go, and I still haven't gotten a phone call. I try to call him....he's got his phone turned off. Ceremony starts....ceremony finishes...BBQ in the park....still no dad, so I'm freaking out, thinking he's lying in a ditch somewhere on the side of the road. I'm calling everyone he knows. "Have you heard from my dad?" Nope...isn't he supposed to be at your brother's wedding? Why, yes, he IS supposed to be here, but he's not, and his cell phone isn't on so I don't know WHY. Finally, he calls me and tells me he just couldn't support it so he decided not to come. He didn't think to CALL me and tell me he wasn't coming. I was pretty ticked over that one. Not just hurting my brother all over again, but to let us think he was coming and then worry about him when he didn't show up. Just turn the phone on so people can get in touch with you!!!
Sympathy like. My dh's parents are the same way with the phone not the attitude:banghead: They drove all the way up to Maine in some rather nasty weather and theirs was off the whole time and my dh taught them how to use the car charge the week before:banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom