The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Ohhhh.. apologies if I’ve posted this pic before.. can’t remember.. but it’s my ‘fb On this day’.

Fitting with the high school and football game talk.. this is when T was in kindergarten.. they played the final in a high school stadium.. we all decorated our cars and had a big caravan to the game. I cried then.. and I’m getting a little teary eyed now.

BD568392-F4A1-414A-8FD0-36E617697A70.jpeg

His one and only season of football. 😭

MySmallWorldof4

Butternut Squash and Black Bean Chili - low sodium recipe
1/4 cup olive oil
2 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper and 1 green or yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 jalapeños, seeded and minced ( I only use one)
3 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed (I used no salt)
1-2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes (unsalted)
1 cup chicken broth (no salt)
2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (adds a unique layer)
2 Tablespoons chili powder
1 Tablespoon cumin
1-2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
1-2 cups sweet potato, peeled and diced
salt and pepper to taste, if not making a low-sodium version

I make this in my Insta pot. I saute' the onions and garlic in the olive oil about 3 mts. until tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 mt. Add bell peppers and cook for about 3 mts.
Transfer to slow cooker if you didn't make in an Insta pot. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, broth, cocoa powder, and all the spices. Stir. Layer the squash and potato on top. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high 4-5 hours.
Season with salt and pepper if needed.
Sounds delicious!

Rista1313

Butternut Squash and Black Bean Chili - low sodium recipe
1/4 cup olive oil
2 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper and 1 green or yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 jalapeños, seeded and minced ( I only use one)
3 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed (I used no salt)
1-2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes (unsalted)
1 cup chicken broth (no salt)
2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (adds a unique layer)
2 Tablespoons chili powder
1 Tablespoon cumin
1-2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
1-2 cups sweet potato, peeled and diced
salt and pepper to taste, if not making a low-sodium version

I make this in my Insta pot. I saute' the onions and garlic in the olive oil about 3 mts. until tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 mt. Add bell peppers and cook for about 3 mts.
Transfer to slow cooker if you didn't make in an Insta pot. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, broth, cocoa powder, and all the spices. Stir. Layer the squash and potato on top. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high 4-5 hours.
Season with salt and pepper if needed.

Thanks... interesting ingredients! I have the crock-pot version of an IP (I like it better because it has a nonstick insert)

MySmallWorldof4

Ohhhh.. apologies if I’ve posted this pic before.. can’t remember.. but it’s my ‘fb On this day’.

Fitting with the high school and football game talk.. this is when T was in kindergarten.. they played the final in a high school stadium.. we all decorated our cars and had a big caravan to the game. I cried then.. and I’m getting a little teary eyed now.

View attachment 320743

His one and only season of football. 😭
Awww...he was so little! I always am amazed looking at pictures of my kids from when they were younger, and then seeing them now. I really try to enjoy every day with them.

21stamps

I have to share one more thing from FB. I literally did just cry while reading this.
So disappointing. This is the high school where my son will most likely attend.. it is a fantastic academic school with fantastic athletic programs and an amazing philosophy.
I know many people who currently have kids there and most of the men I know are alumni of this school. I am so shocked beyond words. This post is from a close friend of my sister’s and bro-in-law. Brother in law and him played football together there.

They are not the type to start drama on Facebook or call people out.. this situation is so bad that it had to be written.

It’s long, but worth the read. I’m so angry, I would never have expected anything like this from them. Just so heart breaking for the kid.

93949507-18FF-4857-8A52-5578C26B8B00.jpeg56728788-3017-4B49-AA27-8382126A1A05.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I have to share one more thing from FB. I literally did just cry while reading this.
So disappointing. This is the high school where my son will most likely attend.. it is a fantastic academic school with fantastic athletic programs and an amazing philosophy.
I know many people who currently have kids there and most of the men I know are alumni of this school. I am so shocked beyond words. This post is from a close friend of my sister’s and bro-in-law. Brother in law and him played football together there.

They are not the type to start drama on Facebook or call people out.. this situation is so bad that it had to be written.

It’s long, but worth the read. I’m so angry, I would never have expected anything like this from them. Just so heart breaking for the kid.

View attachment 320757View attachment 320758

I can't say what I really want to about the coach because it is a family friendly place. But that coach should be ashamed of himself.

21stamps

I can't say what I really want to about the coach because it is a family friendly place. But that coach should be ashamed of himself.

I’m in shock and disgust over it. The school is going to have to speak out.. so many families are sharing this post (and it was just written an hour ago).. 2 weeks before entrance exams. There are people commenting that they do not want their kid to attend and play football there now unless this gets corrected, even alumni. I don’t know how serious that is, or if it’s just words... but the school depends a lot on their alumni for donations. This isn’t going to go over well. It’s not just a bad look for the football program, it’s a bad look for the school.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It’s been a long week of parent-teacher conferences two nights this week and other after school meetings the other days this week. I’m really looking forward to the weekend. But Singing in the Rain is currently on TCM (my favorite musical) and Pillow Talk (with Doris Day and Rock Hudson) is on next, that is my favorite romantic comedy. I wish I could stay up late to watch, but I’ll settle for falling asleep to it. 🙂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom