The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

So youngest’s cheer team did an early morning demo at our local fall festival today. It was in the 50’s. If the sun would have been out, and if there would have been no wind, it would have been pleasant. I got there at 8 and even with 2 long sleeve shirts and a hooded sweatshirt, I was still cold. The kids did a nice job. Dd is the little flyer in the front.During competitons there are no coaches helping. The kids are on their own.
0B97F13E-9297-42E6-9E69-DFE28E22AC6D.jpeg6C3A5ED7-2746-421C-82B8-1B876211DCB2.jpeg

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

I just can't imagine how much money they spent on that! I mean, I think park tickets for one day are really expensive...especially park hoppers. And then to not even really get to spend much time in any of those parks, but to pay for a flight and then single day park tickets fo DL? It wouldn't be worth the money to me, but like you said, to each their own. If I had that much money to spend for one event, I'd rather stay for a few nights and see more of either WDW or DL, maybe go out for a really nice dinner. I guess it's possible that they only HAD 1 day to do everything, but I bet that was one exhausting day.
Maybe they are AP holders?

Rista1313

Hahaaa...!!!
My folks will at least leave them on now so we can get ahold of them when they’re away from their landline, and my pop will use the internet on his phone a bit. After all, there has been a dedicated office in the house with a PC (that pop mostly uses) for years now...!

My parents have a laptop that was given to them... My dad will go on to check his lotto numbers, the weather, and read the american legion newsletter. That's about it I think. And those are all favorited, so he doesn't have to type anything in!

donaldtoo

Me too. I use it as a camera, a texting machine, a tv, and a web surfer.

Yep, even though we have a laptop, DWifey mostly uses that, and I just use my iPhone for internet stuff, like posting here right now.
A decent camera is a must, too!
Like I posted before, to me anyway, iPhones/smartphones really are just pocket computers with extra features...I could never go back to a phone that only had the ability to call and text, with a crappy camera...!!! :)

donaldtoo

I wish WDW had the same type of cars on its SM.

Yep, we preferred the side-by-side DLR ride vehicles to the WDW tandem ride vehicles...and I remember it bein’ smoother than the WDW version as well, at the time...!!! :)
I know that the one at DLR received a complete original track and ride vehicle replacement during the ‘03-‘05 refurb, and I can’t remember what it was like the last time we were there before that in the summer of ‘87, about 7 mos. after the original Star Tours opened...!

donaldtoo

My parents have a laptop that was given to them... My dad will go on to check his lotto numbers, the weather, and read the american legion newsletter. That's about it I think. And those are all favorited, so he doesn't have to type anything in!

Yep, pop has at least one laptop (maybe 2?) as well, along with the desktop.
I know he always gets a loner during tax season, as he volunteers to help the elderly do their taxes.
Kinda’ funny thing about that is pop will be 86 on Jan. 1st and the vast majority of elderly he has been helping the last several years are younger than him...!!!!! :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Was goin’ through some stuff a little while ago and found this pic of DS and I on SM in DLR back in 2010...!!! :)

View attachment 320990

ETA...
It’s funny how the guy behind us looks kinda’ like actor Bruce McGill...!!! :);)
Yep, even though we have a laptop, DWifey mostly uses that, and I just use my iPhone for internet stuff, like posting here right now.
A decent camera is a must, too!
Like I posted before, to me anyway, iPhones/smartphones really are just pocket computers with extra features...I could never go back to a phone that only had the ability to call and text, with a crappy camera...!!! :)

I could. If nothing else, life was a lot CHEAPER in PRICE years ago with plain phones. Oh, and just to tick you off even more -- I have a landline phone at home!!! :p :p :p

Figgy1

Premium Member
So youngest’s cheer team did an early morning demo at our local fall festival today. It was in the 50’s. If the sun would have been out, and if there would have been no wind, it would have been pleasant. I got there at 8 and even with 2 long sleeve shirts and a hooded sweatshirt, I was still cold. The kids did a nice job. Dd is the little flyer in the front.During competitons there are no coaches helping. The kids are on their own.
View attachment 320986View attachment 320987
Sympathy like. I went out in jeans, a heavy shirt and a long wool coat. My dh had a bit of a problem with the scarf:rolleyes:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep, pop has at least one laptop (maybe 2?) as well, along with the desktop.
I know he always gets a loner during tax season, as he volunteers to help the elderly do their taxes.
Kinda’ funny thing about that is pop will be 86 on Jan. 1st and the vast majority of elderly he has been helping the last several years are younger than him...!!!!! :hilarious:

He a wonderful man for so many reasons. And now that I know he helps others with their taxes, I like him even more. Seniors helping seniors--good for him!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom