The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

O.k. So now I'm curious -- are those relective thingamabobs in the street, in lieu of street lights in some areas?

The main thoroughfares with sidewalks and/or hike and bike trails connected to our neighborhood greenbelts, parks, etc., do have the stripes, reflectors, and all the street lights. Secondary residential streets like ours just have the street lights. The hood across the road, not so much. But, that could very well be a “light pollution” issue with that hood. Just not sure. I know, regardless, all fire hydrant locations are marked with a red reflector from either direction.
Again, for 42+ years, this has, so far, always been a very safe part of the Austin area to live in, and we don’t want to move anywhere else anytime soon...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Although, we still wanna’ do this from time to time...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull: ;) :)

7FC8187F-4533-4612-9B90-016CDE33D050.jpeg

donaldtoo

He's out of his last surgery and in a lot of pain but in pretty good spirits! He even asked for his reading glasses and a book!!

Sorry, I somehow missed your post before I originally logged out...
So sorry about his pain, but, it is indeed a good sign that he wants some reading material!!! :) He sounds like a fighter just like his DD...!!! ;)
Again, prayers for him for a full and speedy recovery...!!!!! :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
North of me -- horrible situation going on now. MA State Police confirmed 70 explosions and fires -- gas turned off, electricity turned off. Thousands out of their homes. All fire crews from MA and New Hampshire are there with many other first responders. It's a nightmare. Just waiting for the press conference which is supposed to be on soon.
I'm just relieved you checked in. My family up that way was nowhere near it

Figgy1

Premium Member
News Flash: Here it is 20 minutes before 10 and I am just starting to hear the windows rattle slightly due to the wind. It seems weird to be this prepared for something and to just sit here and stare out the window. No rain yet either. Not complaining, mind you, just observing.
Thank you for checking in and I hope the storm turns out just to be extremely boring for you and your family.

Figgy1

Premium Member
It's been a rather productive morning. I made oatmeal, the yogurt is culturing, spent some time with Fightmaster and I pulled an easy pattern to get to today. I'm putting the robes aside for a few days because yards and yards of black fabric and no sun was getting to me. At least the bodies are done the hoods and lining can wait until next week because Christmas is still a few weeks away;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm just relieved you checked in. My family up that way was nowhere near it

Still, 8,000 people out of their homes. It's a freaking nightmare up there, and officials are still not sure that the area is gas-free yet. They cut electricity to 3 cities/towns in the affected area, too. Some residents injured, 1 died last night.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Man, my english exam was a disaster. I was almost getting a panic attack in the speaking part. I get so nervous speaking next to the other people and the classroom full of computer was full.

You did your best and take some comfort in that. And your computer skills speak for themselves. Even though you were nervous, you may not have done as bad as you thought. Hang in there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom