The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We are currently on a bus to the Studios. We have a fast pass for Slinky so we decided to get there a little later and not run with the herd to Slinky. We are also dining with an Imagineer today, it is hubby’s first time doing that.

So JEALOUS you two went to an Imagineer lunch!!! Dying to hear all the deets on that one!! (Do they still give out the gift plates with your names on it?)

donaldtoo

Not a fan of the new construction. I don't like Disney's obsession with building up when they have plenty of space to build out. For me it ruins the whole aesthetic of one of our favourite resorts.

Yep, totally agree.
Building high, instead of building creatively just makes Disny more and more look like every other resort.
Way to continue to lower the bar, The Walt Disneric Company... :rolleyes:

donaldtoo

Thank you! Well since this post, I took my bp 7 times in two weeks for my dtr. It was down almost 20 points lower at home. She said to continue on with my current meds. I have another visit in a couple of months. So, hopefully it is just nerves that make it go up at the dtr’s office. I am still watching my sodium intake and eating fresh fruits and veggies, lean protein. Maybe eat out once per week. Keeping fingers crossed.

You're welcome!!! :)
Yep, the ol' "White coat syndrome"...!!! ;)
Glad to hear it's so much lower in a more relaxed environment, as I've found same to be true...!!!
Smart diet choices, and good luck with your next appointment...!!! :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So JEALOUS you two went to an Imagineer lunch!!! Dying to hear all the deets on that one!! (Do they still give out the gift plates with your names on it?)

The imagineer lunch was great. We had a guy that worked with the graphics for Toy Storyland and Pandora. We had a know-it-all guy in the group that tried to monopolize the conversation luckily his family quietly put that to an end later. Afterwards Brad heard the guy and the male members of his family talking about it and the guy was complaining that he didn’t get to ask all the questions he wanted, and the other male with him said he asked enough. It was funny when Brad told me about it. The know it all guy also had a sketch pad he was drawing on throughout lunch. We didn’t get a plate though just a personalize menu and we took a picture with him. Matt, the Imagineer was very interesting and we enjoyed our time with him.

We spent the evening in Disney Springs testing some of the bars. Too much good stuff and we got full too fast!

Figgy1

Premium Member
The imagineer lunch was great. We had a guy that worked with the graphics for Toy Storyland and Pandora. We had a know-it-all guy in the group that tried to monopolize the conversation luckily his family quietly put that to an end later. Afterwards Brad heard the guy and the male members of his family talking about it and the guy was complaining that he didn’t get to ask all the questions he wanted, and the other male with him said he asked enough. It was funny when Brad told me about it. The know it all guy also had a sketch pad he was drawing on throughout lunch. We didn’t get a plate though just a personalize menu and we took a picture with him. Matt, the Imagineer was very interesting and we enjoyed our time with him.

We spent the evening in Disney Springs testing some of the bars. Too much good stuff and we got full too fast!
Did you make it to Erin McKenna's? Another DTD location that gets waayyyyyy too much of my money:angelic:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Wow--talk about timely with the imagineer that worked on Toy Storyland and Pandora. That must have been fascinating. So happy it turned out to be a memorable experience. :happy::happy:

As for the know-it-all guest in the group, he sounded very selfish, wanting to monopolize the conversation with HIS questions. I mean, really? :mad: Did he not see all the others at the table? Thank goodness his family finally told him to back off. :p

Oh, how was the lunch? Was it at the Brown Derby? (I recall reading, a few years ago, that they served the Cobb Salad, but was just wondering what the menu was like now. I'm not a fan of Cobb salad!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom