The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Wow. @Cesar R M , I wanted to share this with you. What a harsh article. (I include one section in text below)

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/774362002

It was an orchestrated work of art, structured to give Ronaldo the one thing he craves more than any other.

Significance.

As a soccer player, Ronaldo is both special and unique, so much so that he might not just be the greatest of this era, but perhaps also the best of all time. Yet as a person, he seems to have a chronic need to feel it, live it and be reminded of it — all the time.
It manifests in arrogance, self-obsession and the need to be at the front and center of the global game’s news cycle as much as possible.

Having the details of his stunning switch to Italian Serie A champion Juventus slip out precisely when it did allowed him to feel, for a little while at least, bigger than the game, and bigger than its most meaningful tournament.

Cesar R M

Wow. @Cesar R M , I wanted to share this with you. What a harsh article. (I include one section in text below)

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/774362002

It was an orchestrated work of art, structured to give Ronaldo the one thing he craves more than any other.

Significance.

As a soccer player, Ronaldo is both special and unique, so much so that he might not just be the greatest of this era, but perhaps also the best of all time. Yet as a person, he seems to have a chronic need to feel it, live it and be reminded of it — all the time.
It manifests in arrogance, self-obsession and the need to be at the front and center of the global game’s news cycle as much as possible.

Having the details of his stunning switch to Italian Serie A champion Juventus slip out precisely when it did allowed him to feel, for a little while at least, bigger than the game, and bigger than its most meaningful tournament.
So he prefers to be loved and applauded than earning tons of money?
Because he took a big salary hit to move to Juve.

Speaking of EGO.

Every big player as huge ego. Maradona? he's swimming of it? Pele, same, he's a bit more modest than Maradona but still maintains he's the best.
Thierry Henry? the guy is a dbag of ego... and even goes to the point of insulting other players skills and calls them cheaters (which is ironic considering his blatant handball).

Even Messi who appears to be more calm in real life.. is a nightmare of ego in the dressing room according to past players.

Last edited:

21stamps

So he prefers to be loved and applauded than earning tons of money?
Because he took a big salary hit to move to Juve.

I don’t think that article was a fair representation. Real Madrid fans aren’t suddenly going to switch to Juve.

La Liga fans aren’t suddenly going to do a mass exit to Serie A.

He’s going to lose exposure, air time, and being part of the biggest games outside of the Champions League. If this was for attention, then it was the wrong move.

The only thing I can partially believe is that he may want to win the CL with 3 different clubs in 3 different leagues. I think that would be a first in history.. not totally sure of that though.

Cesar R M

I don’t think that article was a fair representation. Real Madrid fans aren’t suddenly going to switch to Juve.

La Liga fans aren’t suddenly going to do a mass exit to Serie A.

He’s going to lose exposure, air time, and being part of the biggest games outside of the Champions League. If this was for attention, then it was the wrong move.

The only thing I can partially believe is that he may want to win the CL with 3 different clubs in 3 different leagues. I think that would be a first in history.. not totally sure of that though.
I think it has to do with the new manager. Zidane is out.. and supposedly the new manager wants to keep Ronaldo and the "favorite" of Benzema out of the main squad.

So Ronaldo as always wanted PLAYTIME at all costs. so in my opinion this has more to do with playtime AND taken care by the Manager than actual money, exposure, etc..

21stamps

Every big player as huge ego. Maradona? he's swimming of it? Pele, same, he's a bit more modest than Maradona but still maintains he's the best.
Thierry Henry? the guy is a dbag of ego... and even goes to the point of insulting other players skills and calls them cheaters (which is ironic considering his blatant handball).

Even Messi who appears to be more calm in real life.. is a nightmare of ego in the dressing room according to past players.

Agree. Messi definitely appears to be the most humble of the bunch, but they all have egos.

21stamps

I think it has to do with the new manager. Zidane is out.. and supposedly the new manager wants to keep Ronaldo and the "favorite" of Benzema out of the main squad.

So Ronaldo as always wanted PLAYTIME at all costs. so in my opinion this has more to do with playtime AND taken care by the Manager than actual money, exposure, etc..

Me too. It sounds like the owners and managers were not including him in their future plans enough.. yes, that’s part ego on his end, but understandably so.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Whatever brands she recommends...a clear dehydrator a bonus. Our first was not clear so to check progress. we had to slide the trays in and out. Clear you can just view progress.

Love honeydew and cantaloupe dehydrated.
What she said. I have a stacking model, works great but I have to unstack it every so often. The boys did some herbs one year after seeing Alton Brown make one out of a fan and some air filters:hilarious: It worked:happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom