The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

Did your brother figure out your tech issue?
Unfortunately it is beyond his control. So we e-mailed Amazon and they answered with a phone number.....spoke to the customer rep and my Alexa is still under warranty. They provided a free shipping label that we've already printed out. Amazon will try to fix it and if they can't then they will replace it.

FutureCEO

In other news....work blew a transformer or more. No power from the moment I got in (7am) to 1pm.

Mass leaving at 8am when they told the "real workers" they could all go. I left at 9am when my supervisor told us (contractors) we could go. Which we never got told if we were getting paid. Morally we should but when are businesses moral?

Ah, life on the low end of the totem pole.

Cesar R M

So why did Argentina lose to Croatia? Sorry, I'm behind a day.
Yes they did, They played awful.
They tried to imitate Spain's tiki taka with zero substance and zero attacking effort.

Messi barely tried to dribble, his team as well.
It was a pathetic display. Zero effort.

In the other side, Croatia was running nonstop, making huge slides, using every body part to block any shot like their life depended on it.. and some really good goals.

Just shows that Messi is elevated thanks to Iniesta and Co at Barcelona and be a ghost at Argentina. While Ronaldo can actually lift Portugal almost all by himself.

21stamps

So why did Argentina lose to Croatia? Sorry, I'm behind a day.
Yes they did, They played awful.
They tried to imitate Spain's tiki taka with zero substance and zero attacking effort.

Messi barely tried to dribble, his team as well.
It was a pathetic display. Zero effort.

In the other side, Croatia was running nonstop, making huge slides, using every body part to block any shot like their life depended on it.. and some really good goals.

Just shows that Messi is elevated thanks to Iniesta and Co at Barcelona and be a ghost at Argentina. While Ronaldo can actually lift Portugal almost all by himself.

It’s crazy!!

I’m not going to hate on Messi.. I’m going to hate on the midfielders, as well as the coach.

Ronaldo is being supported, Messi is not.

Argentina is NOT playing like a team!!!

However..
Nigeria Won today!! So, Argentina has one last shot to show the world who they are, and how much talent they have.
I’m going to be so sad if they don’t get to 16, but, they need to pull their stuff together, quickly.

I think the most disappointing thing is that like @Cesar R M said, Ronaldo is seemingly doing it almost alone.. Portugal doesn’t have a lineup of the best talent on the pitch.
Argentina has some of the biggest and best in soccer right now, they just have to figure out how to play together... if they do, then I think they can come back and win it all.

21stamps

In other news....work blew a transformer or more. No power from the moment I got in (7am) to 1pm.

Mass leaving at 8am when they told the "real workers" they could all go. I left at 9am when my supervisor told us (contractors) we could go. Which we never got told if we were getting paid. Morally we should but when are businesses moral?

Ah, life on the low end of the totem pole.
Yuck, sorry. :(

donaldtoo

Look what came up on my memories.. :( ❤️
Now he’s in a golf tournament next month.
Can someone tell time to SLOW DOWN?!?!

View attachment 291638

Wish I could help, but, unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Our kiddos are all in their mid-twenties, and it all seems to have gone by in a flash! But, no regrets, as we remain very close and have had so many experiences together over the years...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

And, it sounds to me like you are doing what you can to do same...no regrets...!!!!! :)
I tried not to blink...!!! ;)

Last edited:

donaldtoo

You’d probably like our 67 degrees today. For me, I would be happy with @donaldtoo weather. :cool: Should have moved to Texas when I had a chance. ;)

Hahaaa...!!!!! :hilarious:
Yep, it gets pretty warm down here during summer, but, we're used to it, and will take it, any day, over harsh winters.
But, also, keep in mind Texas is a big state, and the northern and western mountain parts of the state often get more snow than folks would think...! ;)

Goofyernmost

Wish I could help, but, unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Our kiddos are all in their mid-twenties, and it all seems to have gone by in a flash! But, no regrets, as we remain very close and have had so many experiences together over the years...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

And, it sounds to me like you are doing what you can to do same...no regrets...!!!!! :)
I tried not to blink...!!! ;)

My children are 43 and 41 respectively. It has been a flash. My children have grey hair. How is that possible? I have a grand son that is 18 years old and another that is 16 and a granddaughter that is also 16. It was traumatic enough when my children came to visit with babies in their arms. I can only imagine how it will feel when my grandkids show up with the same thing and it is only a blink away. This circle of life spins very quickly. All we can do is our best to not look back and feel that we missed anything because we were occupied doing other things. I know I don't. I concentrated a lot of effort to always be there for my girls be it to help with problems or attend their activities and now I am doing the same thing, but, with my grandchildren. All I can ever ask is ... where did it all go and why did it go so fast.
I forgot to include my other granddaughter who will be 7 in December. She keeps all of us younger.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

It’s crazy!!

I’m not going to hate on Messi.. I’m going to hate on the midfielders, as well as the coach.

Ronaldo is being supported, Messi is not.

Argentina is NOT playing like a team!!!

However..
Nigeria Won today!! So, Argentina has one last shot to show the world who they are, and how much talent they have.
I’m going to be so sad if they don’t get to 16, but, they need to pull their stuff together, quickly.

I think the most disappointing thing is that like @Cesar R M said, Ronaldo is seemingly doing it almost alone.. Portugal doesn’t have a lineup of the best talent on the pitch.
Argentina has some of the biggest and best in soccer right now, they just have to figure out how to play together... if they do, then I think they can come back and win it all.
Regardless of team or not, they need a miracle.

A huge win against Nigeria (who have been playing with Heart) AND Croatia to win against Iceland would means Argentina moves.. all will depend also on goals if one of these didn't happen.

Exactly my point. Messi needs to have talent backing him up almost all the time to do well (Iniesta, etc.. on Barcelona). Alone he is nothing.
Ronaldo in the euros for example, had to pull up the entire Portugal team himself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom