The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I don’t know about that, because if he was concerned with value, then the Buick Encore is a horrible buy compared to the Honda Civic.
I think it sounds like he still views her as a child. @StarWarsGirl , I’d seriously consider moving out at this point, not angrily, but just so he will see you as a capable adult woman.
I love my dad, but I went as far away as I could right after high school, for several reasons, not least of which is he always thought that he knew what was best for me, especially in high school and when it was time for me to decide college, majors, life plans, etc. We disagreed on all of those subjects.

He’s been a rock in my life for sure, he’s dropped everything for me several times, even when he disagreed with what I was doing, he helped me tremendously after my divorce..but I’ve had to remind him plenty of times that - while I will always be his little girl, I am still my own woman, and I want him to view me as such.
We have similar arguments over my child now.:hilarious: It never ends I guess. ;)
I hope everything is resolved now. I'm way behind, trying to catch up. @StarWarsGirl , I'm so sorry you have been put in this position. I guess at some point, and only you can decide at which point that is, you have to put your foot down to show that you won't always do what he wants. My mom was very controlling of me my whole life. When I graduated from high school, she told me she was going to move to Laramie so I could live with her while I went to college. I told her she could move there, but I was not going to live with her, I was going to live in the dorms. She was very angry and told everyone that I "wouldn't let her move" and I had to remind her that she was an adult...she had every right to move and I couldn't tell her she couldn't. But she said there was no point to her moving if I wasn't going to live with her...and I told her that was her choice. She practically disowned me my freshman year of college because I wouldn't obey her orders. She didn't like the guy I was dating, told me I "wasn't allowed" to get engaged, but I was 19 and she didn't have any authority over me. It was rough for years, because she was trying so hard to get me back under her control. We never did really get everything resolved, though she relaxed a LOT when I called off that wedding. She DID try to keep me from dating after that, but I had to just tell her she didn't get a vote...I wasn't going to lock myself away because one relationship didn't work out...and she ended up loving my husband. But I kind of had to just endure her anger and her poor treatment of me for several years, because I HAD to teach her that she did not have authority over me. She wrote me a letter in my freshman year of college, saying how disappointed she was that I was not respecting her authority and why did I choose NOW to rebel when I had always been so obedient in high school....why did I wait until college to rebel. And I told her that as a legal adult, she didn't HAVE authority over me anymore, and that while she was welcome to give me guidance and advice, I was no longer obligated to take it. That she had to trust that she did a good job raising me and teaching me to be independent and it was a little too late if she didn't. That she had to trust I was a responsible adult and that if I made mistakes, I would learn from them, and they were mine to make. It's not rebelling, it's being independent. You might have to sit down with your dad and just tell him that while you appreciate his help and his support, it doesn't mean he is in control. He'll always be your dad, but a parent's role as you get older becomes more advisorial than authority. And you may have to move out to get him to see you as an independent adult. I was living 4 hours away from my mom, paying for everything myself, so she didn't have that to hold over my head. That's a huge bargaining piece. I hope things have settled and you don't have to make such a huge decision right now. But at some point, you may have to.

21stamps

That was my thought, too....the other kid's family should be responsible for it. If the kids were adults, it would be considered assault! But DH wanted to see if the city would pay for it so he wouldn't have to go to the parents. Now, for me, I'm quite shocked that we haven't heard from them at all. If MY kid had done something that resulted in someone breaking a bone, I'd be calling them up to have my kid apologize and I'd be asking what we could do. The only thing we've heard is from the teacher, who wasn't even there that day, and he talked with both boys, the boy admitted that he pushed DS on purpose, but didn't intend for it to break his wrist. DS accepted this as an "apology." and that's the end of it. Since we got funding from the city for the taxi, I'm not really worried about it, but you'd better believe that if the funding hadn't come through, we'd have been calling his parents. I understand that these kids all have something, most of them have autism, so empathy is lacking. But I'd have expected more from the PARENTS. I can't imagine they weren't informed about what happened. Every time there's been an incident involving DS, we've gotten a phone call, so I'm sure they'd have called this boy's parents, too, and they have to have heard from the boy himself that DS showed up to school with a cast on his arm.

That’s unbelievable and infuriating that you haven’t heard from them.

I also have an issue with the school’s handling of it. I understand that the boy didn’t try to break your son’s arm, but what if he pushed him off of something else, or caused him to hit his head, or have a more serious injury? An intentional push should hold responsibility from the other parents, and the school should have had both families meet. I’m truly sorry that your family has gone thru this ordeal.

21stamps

GOAAAL! Germany recovers with 10 secs remaining, unbelievable!
That was amazing!!!

Btw- Mexico won again!! I haven’t watched the Mexico game yet, but forgot to turn off the alerts on my phone. Can’t wait to see it tonight!

I missed it. I got mad at the game and went food shopping.

Tomorrow....England plays!!!!

I’m so mad about tomorrow’s line up. My one day when I’m not working, and I’m not overly interested in any of the 6 teams playing.
I wish Sunday and Monday were flipped.

Songbird76

Well, I'm still 30 pages behind, but with any luck I can catch up tomorrow....just in time to get behind again next week when I have to work every day except Friday, which I took off because DS has a day off for teacher inservice.
DD had a birthday party to go to Wednesday....remember the girl DS played with who was warned in her first week at the school not to play with DS because he was gross, and when she didn't listen, they started bullying her? Well, she and DD are friends, too, and she had a birthday party Wednesday, and I had to drop the present off because it wouldn't fit in DD's bike bags and the party started right after school. When I went to drop it off, her parents asked about DS's arm and I asked if Michelle was still being bullied, and they said yes, but not by the same girls. But they said the bullying in the 5th grade is just TERRIBLE. One of the boys DS used to play with is now being bullied so badly that they ended up putting him in a lower grade. I don't really understand what happened, but Michelle's parents mentioned something about the boy wanting to or trying to jump out of a window, and something about the 6th grade teachers being called in to deal with the situation.
But, DH is on the school's advisory board and he had just had a meeting the night before and asked the school how it was going with the bullying situation and they told him it was completely under control. And now we hear there's a kid wanting to jump out of a window because he's being bullied? And their answer was to put HIM back a grade? It makes no sense. He contacted the board and the principal, asked if it was true...the principal says no, he was never going to jump out of a window, and while he WAS removed to a lower grade, it's not just the bullying, he's got stuff going on at home, too, and they are dealing with it. But...the window thing is an odd thing to make up. And if they are having this problem, why did they not tell the board this when asked? Why did they hide it? And now we're just supposed to believe that everything is fine and that they have fixed the issues since we pulled DS out and the cycle is not continuing with a new victim? I don't buy it. DH told the principal that he should have been honest when he asked how it was going, because now it looks like he's hiding something and we don't know whether or not we can trust what they are telling him. He agreed he "could have handled it better."
Boy I bet he's glad DD is gone next year and DH won't be on the advisory board anymore...I think the school is going to be glad to see the back of us. I hope whoever takes DH's spot on the board keeps the fire lit under them about the bullying.
I really wish I could talk to the boy's mother and find out what really happened, but I haven't seen her in months since we pulled DS out of there. I used to see her around all the time...they live in our neighborhood and I saw her all the time at the grocery store, etc, but my schedule is different now and I don't know exactly where they live, so I can't pay her a visit.
So that's basically what's going on here....working a LOT, got DS's transportation arranged until school is out in 3 weeks, my house is full of pre-teen girls...DD never got to have her sleepover for her birthday, so that's happening. Ok, that's an exaggeration....only 3 extra girls.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well, I'm still 30 pages behind, but with any luck I can catch up tomorrow....just in time to get behind again next week when I have to work every day except Friday, which I took off because DS has a day off for teacher inservice.
DD had a birthday party to go to Wednesday....remember the girl DS played with who was warned in her first week at the school not to play with DS because he was gross, and when she didn't listen, they started bullying her? Well, she and DD are friends, too, and she had a birthday party Wednesday, and I had to drop the present off because it wouldn't fit in DD's bike bags and the party started right after school. When I went to drop it off, her parents asked about DS's arm and I asked if Michelle was still being bullied, and they said yes, but not by the same girls. But they said the bullying in the 5th grade is just TERRIBLE. One of the boys DS used to play with is now being bullied so badly that they ended up putting him in a lower grade. I don't really understand what happened, but Michelle's parents mentioned something about the boy wanting to or trying to jump out of a window, and something about the 6th grade teachers being called in to deal with the situation.
But, DH is on the school's advisory board and he had just had a meeting the night before and asked the school how it was going with the bullying situation and they told him it was completely under control. And now we hear there's a kid wanting to jump out of a window because he's being bullied? And their answer was to put HIM back a grade? It makes no sense. He contacted the board and the principal, asked if it was true...the principal says no, he was never going to jump out of a window, and while he WAS removed to a lower grade, it's not just the bullying, he's got stuff going on at home, too, and they are dealing with it. But...the window thing is an odd thing to make up. And if they are having this problem, why did they not tell the board this when asked? Why did they hide it? And now we're just supposed to believe that everything is fine and that they have fixed the issues since we pulled DS out and the cycle is not continuing with a new victim? I don't buy it. DH told the principal that he should have been honest when he asked how it was going, because now it looks like he's hiding something and we don't know whether or not we can trust what they are telling him. He agreed he "could have handled it better."
Boy I bet he's glad DD is gone next year and DH won't be on the advisory board anymore...I think the school is going to be glad to see the back of us. I hope whoever takes DH's spot on the board keeps the fire lit under them about the bullying.
I really wish I could talk to the boy's mother and find out what really happened, but I haven't seen her in months since we pulled DS out of there. I used to see her around all the time...they live in our neighborhood and I saw her all the time at the grocery store, etc, but my schedule is different now and I don't know exactly where they live, so I can't pay her a visit.
So that's basically what's going on here....working a LOT, got DS's transportation arranged until school is out in 3 weeks, my house is full of pre-teen girls...DD never got to have her sleepover for her birthday, so that's happening. Ok, that's an exaggeration....only 3 extra girls.
The like is for still being upright

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Paging @Gabe1 I think she has a version. Have you called customer service?
Yikes!!! So sorry I missed this. Did he get help with Alexa??? Don’t want to read through all this to find out. And apologies my family is going through 2 major health issues that are icky and apologize for missing this. Miss ya all💕💕💕💕💕

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom