The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I think they're just telling me that they missed me. I was gone last night, and when I came home, they greeted me at the door. Belle slept on top of me last night. I'm going out tonight. But then I'm home tomorrow, so they'll be happy.

Hee, hee . . . we are their whole world, you know. ;) Reminds me of Jack every weekend when I'm home for most of the days. He follows me around everywhere, getting underfoot constantly (in his dog mind, I think he's trying to block me from leaving the house). :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In other news....work blew a transformer or more. No power from the moment I got in (7am) to 1pm.

Mass leaving at 8am when they told the "real workers" they could all go. I left at 9am when my supervisor told us (contractors) we could go. Which we never got told if we were getting paid. Morally we should but when are businesses moral?

Ah, life on the low end of the totem pole.

This will be very interesting to see if you get paid. If they don't, they're scum. A power outage had nothing to do with the contract workers.

StarWarsGirl

Hee, hee . . . we are their whole world, you know. ;) Reminds me of Jack every weekend when I'm home for most of the days. He follows me around everywhere, getting underfoot constantly (in his dog mind, I think he's trying to block me from leaving the house). :joyfull:
They've been following me around the house today. Both of them were on my bed this morning. They'll be happy Monday; I'm working from home.

For some reason, Belle kept sticking her claws on my back while I was sleeping. Don't know what that was about, but it hurt. I just scooped her up and hugged her to get her to stop.

donaldtoo

Our last car (a 1997) we had for 14 years, and it was only because the car was rusting out that we finally got rid of it. the (used) car we have now is a 2007 Chevy Aveo, and we've had it over 4 years now. Point A to Point B and that's all we care about--will drive it until the wheels come off.

Yep, I have always had the "crap" car, since we were married...no problem for me at all, as my pop has always done the same thing with my mom...you give your lovely ladies the best stuff...point A to B is all I need, too...;)
I have driven 3 cars (so far) 'til they dropped, and, It's obvious I love, and know cool high performance cars (although, mostly mid-50's - early 70's American Muscle Cars ;)). My family just keeps telling me it's my turn to buy something new and fancy for myself, and I just keep resisting...as far as I'm concerned, all I need is reliable transport to my money-makin' job and back. It's not about how I look when I'm drivin' (plus, with all the window tinting on cars these days, nobody can see who's in the car anyway...!!!!! :hilarious:)
No payment, 2003 Malibu all the way for me...plus, more cruise money...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Songbird76

Oh my goodness, lady. YOU are a SAINT.
My heart goes out to you, I know this must be a tough time. I hope they find a transportation option soon!
We got the city to pay for a taxi. Hallelujah! It saves me SOOOOOO much time! Work is SUPER busy at the moment, and they keep changing the schedule, adding hours and then asking everyone who is not scheduled to come in if they can. I have set all the hours I'm not scheduled for to "not available" so they can't change my hours. I'm already scheduled every day that I can be scheduled. But at least we only ended up walking home the first week DS was in a cast. He had a checkup yesterday and I guess normally, after 2 weeks, they'd do a new cast, but they decided that might be a bit too much for DS to deal with, and the current one is fine, so he keeps that for another 2 weeks, then they will switch him to a brace that comes off at night and for showers and he'll wear that for 2 weeks and then he's done. DH said the doctor said in 6 months you won't even be able to tell there was a slight misalighnment, so that's good. DS got to pop packaging cushions while he waited for his appointment...I guess he liked that a lot. We had to wait so long last week...his appointment ended up being almost an hour late, and it was so hot in the waiting room. I had to work yesterday, so DH had to take him, and apparently it went a lot faster. Maybe I'm bad luck!!

Songbird76

Sympathy like. The school cannot give you any assistance. This fid happen on school property and they should have some liability. Don’t get me started on the other kid’s family obligation.
That was my thought, too....the other kid's family should be responsible for it. If the kids were adults, it would be considered assault! But DH wanted to see if the city would pay for it so he wouldn't have to go to the parents. Now, for me, I'm quite shocked that we haven't heard from them at all. If MY kid had done something that resulted in someone breaking a bone, I'd be calling them up to have my kid apologize and I'd be asking what we could do. The only thing we've heard is from the teacher, who wasn't even there that day, and he talked with both boys, the boy admitted that he pushed DS on purpose, but didn't intend for it to break his wrist. DS accepted this as an "apology." and that's the end of it. Since we got funding from the city for the taxi, I'm not really worried about it, but you'd better believe that if the funding hadn't come through, we'd have been calling his parents. I understand that these kids all have something, most of them have autism, so empathy is lacking. But I'd have expected more from the PARENTS. I can't imagine they weren't informed about what happened. Every time there's been an incident involving DS, we've gotten a phone call, so I'm sure they'd have called this boy's parents, too, and they have to have heard from the boy himself that DS showed up to school with a cast on his arm.

Songbird76

@Songbird76 have you been able to straighten out the transportation problem with the school yet. I broke my ankle on school property and seeing my ds had to walk a few blocks to the bus the school had the bus detour to our corner the next day:joyfull:
Yes, it's arranged, but school buses don't exist here. If you live too far to walk and need transportation, you have to get a taxi. The majority of kids at DS's school have taxi transportation, but because they can not go to public school, and there is not a special education school in their towns, the city where they live will pay for the taxi service. One of my co-workers told us to look into a particular company, because DH had looked at standard taxis and for 4 weeks it would cost around 600 euro for one way. So we looked into this company and apparently they are subsidized by the city anyway because our public transportation system in this region is carp. So it would have been about 6 euros per trip instead of 20-30. But the city approved the application and will pay for the taxi until the end of the school year....3 more weeks!!

MySmallWorldof4

Yep, I have always had the "crap" car, since we were married...no problem for me at all, as my pop has always done the same thing with my mom...you give your lovely ladies the best stuff...point A to B is all I need, too...;)
I have driven 3 cars (so far) 'til they dropped, and, It's obvious I love, and know cool high performance cars (although, mostly mid-50's - early 70's American Muscle Cars ;)). My family just keeps telling me it's my turn to buy something new and fancy for myself, and I just keep resisting...as far as I'm concerned, all I need is reliable transport to my money-makin' job and back. It's not about how I look when I'm drivin' (plus, with all the window tinting on cars these days, nobody can see who's in the car anyway...!!!!! :hilarious:)
No payment, 2003 Malibu all the way for me...plus, more cruise money...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
Funny. Same here. I drive the fancy Suburban. Dh drives our 2010 Sienna. Well it is paid off. We had no car payments for about 6 months when our old Suburban started going into the dealership every week for months. Stinks to have a car payment again. More power to your Malibu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom