The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I know it was friendly advice, I was just trying to see what I could find if I was someone searching without knowing specifics.

The photos I posted here all had his club’s crest and name blacked out. I have posted a few of those same photos on FB, but with the name showing.
Would a reverse image search be able to find something if it wasn’t the exact same photo (because of the name scratch out), and even if my profile is private?

I don’t know the answer because I’ve never tried to do a search that way.
I think it would depend on the setting on the picture. I have my profile set so that only my friends can see any information, and I don't have my birthday or my phone number listed even for my friends. But I do have ONE album that I set to public (Angel Action) because it was on the news anyway and those pictures have been on news sites all across the world...at this point, what do I have to hide? And I'd rather people be able to ask me if they want information about starting their own protest. So that one I have public, but the rest are private. BUT, let's say you post a photo of T and his friend holding the trophy and you tag his friend's mom. Everyone on her Facebook friends list can also see it, even if you don't know them. And if you can see it, you can download it. So let's say I am friends with that mom, you don't know me....I can see that picture and I can download it, and I can post it on my blog site where anyone can see it. And that's another danger we haven't talked about...it's not just about being able to find you, but being able to use those pictures. Anyone can take that picture and post it somewhere as their own. I saw a story somewhere about a woman who told her family she was pregnant. She found a blog with some pictures of twins and told everyone they were hers, and that DCFS had taken them away as soon as they were born and she was trying to raise money to pay for a lawyer to get her kids back. She had a whole bunch of pictures of these twins that the real mother had posted on her mommy blog and in a forum for parents of multiples. This imposter had everyone believing that these were her children and the real parents were foster parents, and the real parents started getting threatening emails. That's not to say it happens all the time, just something to think about. I went and removed the faces from my kids' pictures on the pre-trip report I started. Better to be safe than sorry.

Songbird76

I have some ketching up to do, but I had to share because I am a super proud mama. cito score.jpg

DD got a perfect score on her Cito exam. 0% scored higher than she did in math, 4% scored higher than her in language, 6% in reading, and 26% in writing. She did SO well! And her best friend also did really well, with a 544....1 point away from VWO, but she already had the VWO advice anyway, and it can't go down. I suspect it was close, and I suspect that she had a bad day in there during their testing, because usually she's right up there neck and neck with DD. I was kind of expecting her to have a 550 as well, or at least a 549. But both of them got great scores. Really proud!!!

StarWarsGirl

I am working from home today.

Why, you ask. I am not sick. It is May, so there is no snow on the ground. Well...

I pulled out of my street. Normally I make a left turn. I could not make a left turn because traffic was so backed up. So I made a right turn intending to take an alternate route (basically, there are two ways to get out of my town to the town where my office is).

I'm driving happily along, and someone flashes their lights at me. Universal code for "Something's up".

There was a downed tree in the road. Police blocking it off, no one was getting by.

I turned around and came home, then IM'ed my boss (thankfully I had my work computer) that I needed to work from home.

The cats are very happy about this situation.

MySmallWorldof4

I have some ketching up to do, but I had to share because I am a super proud mama. View attachment 284168

DD got a perfect score on her Cito exam. 0% scored higher than she did in math, 4% scored higher than her in language, 6% in reading, and 26% in writing. She did SO well! And her best friend also did really well, with a 544....1 point away from VWO, but she already had the VWO advice anyway, and it can't go down. I suspect it was close, and I suspect that she had a bad day in there during their testing, because usually she's right up there neck and neck with DD. I was kind of expecting her to have a 550 as well, or at least a 549. But both of them got great scores. Really proud!!!
How excellent!!! I would be shooting off fireworks!

MySmallWorldof4

Why, you ask. I am not sick. It is May, so there is no snow on the ground. Well...

I pulled out of my street. Normally I make a left turn. I could not make a left turn because traffic was so backed up. So I made a right turn intending to take an alternate route (basically, there are two ways to get out of my town to the town where my office is).

I'm driving happily along, and someone flashes their lights at me. Universal code for "Something's up".

There was a downed tree in the road. Police blocking it off, no one was getting by.

I turned around and came home, then IM'ed my boss (thankfully I had my work computer) that I needed to work from home.

You are truly lucky you can work from home.

Okay, back to massive house cleaning. My 10 year old totally reorganized our pantry for me this morning and she was so enthusiastic about it. If you remember Full House, she is the Danny Tanner of the kids. She shares with our oldest and you can tell which bed is hers.

21stamps

I think it would depend on the setting on the picture. I have my profile set so that only my friends can see any information, and I don't have my birthday or my phone number listed even for my friends. But I do have ONE album that I set to public (Angel Action) because it was on the news anyway and those pictures have been on news sites all across the world...at this point, what do I have to hide? And I'd rather people be able to ask me if they want information about starting their own protest. So that one I have public, but the rest are private. BUT, let's say you post a photo of T and his friend holding the trophy and you tag his friend's mom. Everyone on her Facebook friends list can also see it, even if you don't know them. And if you can see it, you can download it. So let's say I am friends with that mom, you don't know me....I can see that picture and I can download it, and I can post it on my blog site where anyone can see it. And that's another danger we haven't talked about...it's not just about being able to find you, but being able to use those pictures. Anyone can take that picture and post it somewhere as their own. I saw a story somewhere about a woman who told her family she was pregnant. She found a blog with some pictures of twins and told everyone they were hers, and that DCFS had taken them away as soon as they were born and she was trying to raise money to pay for a lawyer to get her kids back. She had a whole bunch of pictures of these twins that the real mother had posted on her mommy blog and in a forum for parents of multiples. This imposter had everyone believing that these were her children and the real parents were foster parents, and the real parents started getting threatening emails. That's not to say it happens all the time, just something to think about. I went and removed the faces from my kids' pictures on the pre-trip report I started. Better to be safe than sorry.

I will be sad to see if everyone starts removing/not posting pics of their kids in trip reports. I think those are the most precious photos.. but, I can completely understand and respect the decision to do so.

I absolutely love Facebook.. it truly does keep me “connected” to friends and fam.. especially when so many of us are now scattered around the country, or in other countries.

But, I don’t have and don’t see many people who have public FB profiles. It’s not even possible to find my profile unless I send you a request, and even my friends list is “private” on FB, actually, I’m not sure about that last one.. my friends list was private, but I think at some point it started showing up again. That said, plenty of people do tag me in photos, and I tag others as well, so I do know that certain photos are not contained to my page. I guess I just have a certain amount of trust with it, I would rather have social media than not have it. Even if they do drive me crazy with creepy ads that I didn’t click on thru Facebook. ;)

StarWarsGirl

You are truly lucky you can work from home
It is really fortunate. It was either go home and work there or be extremely late. I chose to just go home. It's nice to have the option.

I also have a large report to do, and it'll actually be easier to do it here instead of having the guys bothering me. I put my Skype on do not disturb and turned off my email.

My 10 year old totally reorganized our pantry for me this morning and she was so enthusiastic about it. If you remember Full House, she is the Danny Tanner of the kids. She shares with our oldest and you can tell which bed is hers.
When we go to Hilton Head and my brother and I share the second bedroom, you can tell who slept in which bed. He slides into the bed, then slides out in the morning. I, on the other hand, have a wrestling match with the sheets overnight...

93boomer

Premium Member
The like is for the be safe. We may be driving in your rain tomorrow. Raining lightly here today.
Yeah we are getting flooding now from the heavy rains. We've had over 5 inches since it started last night around dark. I ran out to Target real quick and the creeks were already just inches below the bridges. It is yucky today! What city are you planning on spending the night tomorrow?

Songbird76

Ah yes, but I was talking about my Facebook profile being private. How does someone do a “reverse image search” with a photo?..and where would it lead them? That’s what I’m trying to figure out.
That's on Google. You can copy and paste a photo into a google image search engine and it will pull up any photos that match it. However, I THINK if you have it set to only show friends your pictures, it wouldn't show up in a google search, but I'm not positive about that.

Cesar R M

I was genuinely curious as to where a reverse searched photo of a child would lead.
Reverse search engine will simply lead you do ALL the images that are almost identical to the one you posted. That means ANY website that has google cached, could be linked directly. Could be forums, third party websites, even facebook.

I've used this tool when someone claims they did "X" art and I was sure they didn't (to find the real artist).

Songbird76

How excellent!!! I would be shooting off fireworks!
I might if I had any fireworks to shoot off and it wasn't illegal!! I am so excited for her. She worked sooooo hard and her teacher had told her "it would be a fun challenge" for her to see if she could get a 550, so she was hoping she would, even though she wasn't really worried if she didn't. She's especially happy about the math score because that isn't even usually her best subject. She's usually stronger with language. So she's thrilled, and a bit embarrassed by how big of a deal we made of it, but I can't help it. I'm just so proud of her.

Cesar R M

I have some ketching up to do, but I had to share because I am a super proud mama. View attachment 284168

nice!

Songbird76

Perhaps your cats are behind it...you haven't caught them with a chainsaw lately, have you? Jasmine DOES have a history of knocking over plants....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom