The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Ah yes, but I was talking about my Facebook profile being private. How does someone do a “reverse image search” with a photo?..and where would it lead them? That’s what I’m trying to figure out.
I never said explicitly about facebook.

Anyway, Remember you're talking to two ITs and one website moderator and We are protective and we worry about those who we know.

But Yeah... If you do not want to take the suggestions, fine by us. We're not your nannies after all. Well drop the subject and be done with it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That's quite a bit different, there is a strong likelihood that someone in your neighborhood might try and enter you house not to necessarily get you specifically but to your possessions, however the likelihood of anyone putting in the extreme effort of identifying and going after someone because of a picture in a discussion board where no ones name is used, no ones address is used is possible, but, the chances of it happening are the same as getting hit on the head by a meteor. Precautions are fine, but, they must be backed up with a base of reality and not just imagined conspiracy scenarios.

With a thing like this board where participants are from all over the world, the logistics alone are pretty much as good as locking your door. When you think about it, if your house has windows locking your door is close to useless. That doesn't mean we shouldn't lock our doors, but, that is a deterrent to a more likely thing, not a long shot.

I don't have a problem with people feeling that they need to take that type of precaution because to a much lesser degree, I do the same thing. People know, because I said it before, that I live in the Raleigh area, I'm 70 years old, my real first name is Russell, I have 4 grandchildren and I am a Vietnam Veteran. But I lock my door by not telling you my last name, my actual address, my social security number, the last names of my grandchildren and a lot of information.

That said, I feel pretty safe that with just the information I have released and my picture that I am not going to spend one second of time concerned that somebody is going to have any reason to come after me or have any increased ability to find me. Some things have to be a worthwhile result to put that much effort in locating me. (unless, of course, they have a few million dollars that they want to give me, then I will help them find me by sending them a copy of a map from MapQuest.)

We all make choices about what is right for us. You're comfortable with your approach, and certainly entitled to your own opinion. Me, on the other hand, will support any parent's decision to limit specific information about their children on any public forum.

Frankly, until recently, I never gave it too much thought before (I don't have kids). I've enjoyed all the funny stories about people's kids, photos, etc, posted on here. But, it is a new world now, in the sense that the internet opens the door to both good and bad experiences. (When you and I were growing up, the internet was there, but hadn't entered the "mainstream" American life.) To me, in today's world, I can understand why many parents are taking a more current review of precautions, for their kids. I'm sure the precautions vary from parent to parent, and all do what they think is best in their own situation.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hoping by this time tomorrow we will be in North Carolina. I figured out yesterday that with all the extra stuff I bought for staying in a camper rental, that we were sort of even with the cost of a stay in the cabins. Well we are doing it for the experience. Oh wait I didn’t consider tax. Nope, still ahead. :)
I'm sure you'll find a use for the extra things you bought such as sheets. Way ahead!:joyfull:

MySmallWorldof4

I'm not telling Jack when it's dog rescue day, because if he could talk, he'd probably ask me what kind of toy I was buying him for his special day! :facepalm: I swear that every day, he thinks he's doing us a favor by living here. :rolleyes:
Our dogs would prefer we bring home another cat. They love kittens. Poor things would be so covered in dog slobber from the licking that you’d have thought they had a bath. :hilarious:

MySmallWorldof4

I'm sure you'll find a use for the extra things you bought such as sheets. Way ahead!:joyfull:
Oh definitely. The sheets and towels will come in handy, especially the towels. Dh was washing the covers of our couch cushions 2 weeks ago. They are a darkish red. Well dome lighter towels and the rug from the kids’ bath was in the machine as well. All turned not the lovliest shade of pink. The cushion cover was fine though. ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hoping by this time tomorrow we will be in North Carolina. I figured out yesterday that with all the extra stuff I bought for staying in a camper rental, that we were sort of even with the cost of a stay in the cabins. Well we are doing it for the experience. Oh wait I didn’t consider tax. Nope, still ahead. :)

Just want to wish you and the family a very happy vacation!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh definitely. The sheets and towels will come in handy, especially the towels. Dh was washing the covers of our couch cushions 2 weeks ago. They are a darkish red. Well dome lighter towels and the rug from the kids’ bath was in the machine as well. All turned not the lovliest shade of pink. The cushion cover was fine though. ;)
Are you still planning to hit the road at 2?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom