The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

I have never posted pics of me or my daughter and I live in a city of around 5,000 but have never said what it is. When I first started posting here another member (no longer here) asked if I lived in (my city)? just from the few things I had posted.:cautious: I just answered with my county because they were right. They lived not far away from me. Weird, huh? That member had about four total posts and was gone. :cyclops:

I also shared this story with another member here. I had struck up a conversation with an established member of this site (no longer here) and everything was great for awhile. We were going to be in MK on the same day and that we'd meet up. The closer that day came that person became a little "off" in their posts to the point I said my daughter and I couldn't make it. We still went to MK but because I'd never posted pics of us he didn't know who we were. BUT he had posted a lot of him and his kid so I knew who they were. We saw them a few times during the day and once waited in the same line (with some people in between) for the same ride. The kid was out of control and he seemed like a crackhead. Not saying they really were bad people but I'm glad I didn't meet them. Not everyone on social media is a rose.
Nice that you were smart and dodged the bullet.

21stamps

Noone does until something happens.

Its not about being paranoic, just don't overdo your postings.

I’m so curious on this, and I want to piggyback off of @Goofyernmost ’s post from yesterday...

Let’s say that someone researched and found the website for competitive soccer in this area. They would then have to figure out our league, and then level of play, and then see a team listing. The team listing gives names of clubs/teams only. No info about the players. They could even then go farther and go to each club’s website- still no info about the players unless you are a player/family..the tryout results are listed by assigned-tryout-number, no names at all.
How would someone possibly figure that out?

Is it even possible?

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

It’s been hot here the past few days. I actually have a horrid farmers tan from this past weekend. (Not complaining, I’ll take it over cold!)

Remember the humidity in Florida, it may feel warmer than what the temperature says. I do hope the forecast changes for you!
Somebody, obviously brain dead scheduled my grandsons baseball game for 3pm last Saturday. The hottest part of the day and at a ballpark with absolutely zero shade, bone dry reddish gravel (as it tends to be here in the south) wafting dust every time a player moved. The temperature in the bright sunshine was 97 degrees. There outta be a law! Like the old song says only "Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun".

MOXOMUMD

Somebody, obviously brain dead scheduled my grandsons baseball game for 3pm last Saturday. The hottest part of the day and at a ballpark with absolutely zero shade, bone dry reddish gravel (as it tends to be here in the south) wafting dust every time a player moved. The temperature in the bright sunshine was 97 degrees. There outta be a law! Like the old song says only "Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun".
They should give you free iced tea and someone to fan you while you watched the game.

We have 90% humidity today. :depressed:

21stamps

That’s how soccer was. The ref during the 3pm game actually called a water break during each half. T brought our Disney fan, the one with water, ice, and sprays you... came in handy this weekend!

Coaches need to make sure all of the baseball , soccer, lacrosse, etc players are getting as much water as they need during hot games like you described!

Goofyernmost

Noone does until something happens.

Its not about being paranoic, just don't overdo your postings.
There is also the thought that one can overdo the paranoia as well. What a high opinion of ourselves we must have to think that we are looked for by the dark side. What do we have to offer that is so great, especially here on this site. Personal interactions and meet ups, yes, that one must be wary of, but, just everyday sharing should be of no interest to anyone. Even if it is of interest the amount of knowledge and effort that would be required for any reason would pretty much eliminate a whole lot of action on their part.

I remember when the new system Disney put in was first being discussed. One of the perks of the system was that if your child got lost, they would be able to know where that child was. So immediately, there were going to be perverts sitting in the security offices of WDW just scanning for some "child" that they might find attractive and they would know exactly where that kid was. First off it provided no picture and even if they could know what they looked like, at that moment, where the child was by the time they left their office and got to that spot, the kid could easily be on the other side of the park. If someone wanted to do that it would be much easier to just walk around scanning the crowd and waiting for an opportune moment to snatch up a child. The scenario was possible but certainly not the likeliest way to accomplish that mission. So now they probably still can located a child based on his/her magic band but they don't talk about it. It just made no sense to think that was even a likely method. Same with this stuff on WDW magic. Without names, addresses, id numbers and just a picture, by the time a child were found they would be fully grown and the pursuer would be to old to remember why they were looking.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I’m so curious on this, and I want to piggyback off of @Goofyernmost ’s post from yesterday...

Let’s say that someone researched and found the website for competitive soccer in this area. They would then have to figure out our league, and then level of play, and then see a team listing. The team listing gives names of clubs/teams only. No info about the players. They could even then go farther and go to each club’s website- still no info about the players unless you are a player/family..the tryout results are listed by assigned-tryout-number, no names at all.
How would someone possibly figure that out?

Is it even possible?
your photos.

They could match school annuaries or public photos with your photos and the team colors/names.

And they could potentially just GO to see the matches live and act like a parent.

Also I dont think they would need to go to each club websites.. they just need to match the faces with the colors and shirts with a specific team then go from there.

21stamps

your photos.

They could match school annuaries or public photos with your photos and the team colors/names.

And they could potentially just GO to see the matches live and act like a parent.

Also I dont think they would need to go to each club websites.. they just need to match the faces with the colors and shirts with a specific team then go from there.

So I’ve just spent the past 30 minutes trying to see if I could do it, and I do have a head start over someone not in the area, or especially over someone not involved in select soccer.. I’m just trying to make sure that it isn’t possible.. not that I’m overly worried, just wanted to see what I could find.

The thing with the team colors is that they all overlap. Example- our “home” jersey is a custom color from Nike. Took 8 weeks to come in, was $65... we haven’t worn it once!!!
The 2 times that we were supposed to wear it, the opposing team’s color was too similar, so we had to change!
So frustrating.
The same has happened to other teams when we were the “away”. Almost all of the teams are some shade of red, gray, blue, white- all custom, yet still similar. Thus is one more example of the stupidity of the professionalization of youth sports in America. And they change their kits every 2 seasons, furthering the stupidity of it all.:hilarious:

As far as showing up at a field., Where? There’s literally hundreds (probably over a thousand) of soccer fields in each state. How would someone even know where to go?

I don’t know.. but I think this would apply to any kid and any sport. Hopefully, and from what I’ve been seeing the past hour, unless you’re in U16, U17, or U18 actively looking for recruitment, then a kid’s name and photo isn’t available publicly. I think our cities/states/country is just too big to pinpoint where a child will be at any moment...even if they figure out a club, they still won’t know where or on who’s team they’re on.

Maybe I’m just trying to make myself feel better.. who knows.. but that’s what I’ve come up with in my searching.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

So I’ve just spent the past 30 minutes trying to see if I could do it, and I do have a head start over someone not in the area, or especially over someone not involved in select soccer.. I’m just trying to make sure that it isn’t possible.. not that I’m overly worried, just wanted to see what I could find.

The thing with the team colors is that they all overlap. Example- our “home” jersey is a custom color from Nike. Took 8 weeks to come in, was $65... we haven’t worn it once!!!
The 2 times that we were supposed to wear it, the opposing team’s color was too similar, so we had to change!
So frustrating.
The same has happened to other teams when we were the “away”. Almost all of the teams are some shade of red, gray, blue, white- all custom, yet still similar. Thus is one more example of the stupidity of the professionalization of youth sports in America. And they change their kits every 2 seasons, furthering the stupidity of it all.:hilarious:

As far as showing up at a field., Where? There’s literally hundreds (probably over a thousand) of soccer fields in each state. How would someone even know where to go?

I don’t know.. but I think this would apply to any kid and any sport. Hopefully, and from what I’ve been seeing the past hour, unless you’re in U16, U17, or U18 actively looking for recruitment, then a kid’s name and photo isn’t available publicly. I think our cities/states/country is just too big to pinpoint where a child will be at any moment...even if they figure out a club, they still won’t know where or on who’s team they’re on.

Maybe I’m just trying to make myself feel better.. who knows.. but that’s what I’ve come up with in my searching.
Have you posted the pictures you posted here anywhere else? I can take any image and do a reverse image search and find alternates. I could perhaps hit somewhere else or some forum of your team/group for example.
I'm just giving you hypothetical.

Using the name of the team, name of the town/city. Anyone can narrow down a lot.

Anyway, it was just a friendly advise so you do not give that much information. If you want to give that much information. You could do it via PM so no body else but the ones you want to see can see the open images.

Remember, we've had problems with moronic "infiltrators" before. Now imagine someone you know for years was actually faking all the way (like a sociopath) and has been posting for years in this forum.

21stamps

Have you posted the pictures you posted here anywhere else? I can take any image and do a reverse image search and find alternates. I could perhaps hit somewhere else or some forum of your team/group for example.
I'm just giving you hypothetical.

Using the name of the team, name of the town/city. Anyone can narrow down a lot.

Anyway, it was just a friendly advise so you do not give that much information. If you want to give that much information. You could do it via PM so no body else but the ones you want to see can see the open images.

Remember, we've had problems with moronic "infiltrators" before. Now imagine someone you know for years was actually faking all the way (like a sociopath) and has been posting for years in this forum.

I know it was friendly advice, I was just trying to see what I could find if I was someone searching without knowing specifics.

The photos I posted here all had his club’s crest and name blacked out. I have posted a few of those same photos on FB, but with the name showing.
Would a reverse image search be able to find something if it wasn’t the exact same photo (because of the name scratch out), and even if my profile is private?

I don’t know the answer because I’ve never tried to do a search that way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom