The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Good morning, well not exactly I'm going to have to run out and get a new microwave:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: It's dead, my dh opened it, it would cost more to fix than repair and it's a dozen years old or so. If everybody wasn't on a different schedule I could probably put replacing it off for a few weeks:mad::mad::mad::mad: The only good thing about it is it's raining and I was going to go to the mall to walk so at least I'll be in the neighborhood:confused: My dh is at least checking out what type of deals or coupons he can get through work:joyfull: I've already checked out ratings and sales:D
That sucks, the worst part is the new microwaves feel so flimsy and replaceable. Most of them (if not all) now are just built to be trashed by the year mark.

Cesar R M

Oh, it just kills me the difference in the Main Street USA stores down through the years.

You know what is the biggest surprise to me, about all this morphing of unexciting, general merchandise? I can't wrap my head around a company that rams all these upsell events, high-priced hotels, etc. to the guests, and yet, puts a lot of cheap carp for sale in the stores?! :confused:

On the one hand, they're confident they have a huge base of guests who'll buy the expensive add-ons to the general park experience; and yet, their marketing and retail sales divisions haven't put two and two together--and continue to market low-priced, generic stuff in the shops?! :banghead:

Seems to me that the classier stuff fit in nicely with lower-priced items, in their stores for many years. :cautious:
Generic stuff that can also be purchased anywhere for way lower price.
I honestly believe they aimed so low.. for the crying kid who desperately demands one plushie or the hardcore fan that wants something.
Only time I ever purchased more than 20 USD of stuff, was the Stitch tshirt I couldn't find anywhere else.

Cesar R M

Took @Cesar R M 's advice and played around with shading for the abandoned series. I think this one turned out much better: View attachment 200662
It definitively looks way better. just tone down the texture and brightness on some of the far right buildings. They do not look properly shadowed compared to the rest.

Id also remove the boats, and increase the color of the trees to fit the bright green that is seen in some of the buildings.

MOXOMUMD

Not familiar with This is Us, but, I loved Up when I first saw it at the theater, and still do after the few times I've seen it on TV. I may have gotten a little misty the first time I saw it (I honestly don't remember :cyclops:), but, to me anyway, it was actually pretty life-affirming...short version, Carl finally learns to move on, as Ellie would have wanted him too do. :)
I like Up too. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom