The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

This is literally how I feel everyday at work

If I could handle retail for 4+ years in my mid-40's-early 50's, you can definitely do it!!! :)
You better be able to handle it at your age, dude. ;)
My Disney Store manager used to refer to me as the Store "Superhero" based on my interaction with Guests, covering other CM shifts, just generally going the extra Magic mile...!!!!! :happy:
Sometimes, I still wish I was a CM there.
Sometimes... :cyclops: ;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Dining plan :p. Also don't really like the look of most. Just not our thing foodwise.

Understandable about the no signatures since you are on the dining plan. If you change your mind the Yachtsman has excellent steak and the truffle mac and cheese is very scrumptious. The California Grill is great too, but hubby and I are on a Yachtsman kick right now. And the ice cream shop, Ample Hills is just around the corner at the Boardwalk for dessert.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Supposedly, billy goats have been known to eat tin cans...that might take a bit of energy...! :D ;)

View attachment 200648

Never underestimate the powers or a Billy Goat. The Cubs World Series Ring of last season plays their kudos to the goat of yesteryear.
EP-170419531.jpg&updated=201704130900&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

Gabe1

It was super cold in Chicago today. Should have checked the temps before I went shopping at Home Depot for garden stuff. We bought a bunch of herb plants. They had a really good selection.

Mine are in the garage on the window sills. I have my sweet potato plants covered and tomatoes under a box. Our seasons here in N IL are short enough, I plant most but wrap when temps drop. I didn't get the herbs in yet. Thankful.

Gabe1

I think I've posted about this before, but, some of the junk we used to get at the Disney Store was just baffling :confused:, to the point of sometimes even being recalled. :cyclops:
I can remember 2 recall items off the top of my head...
The first were these new character cups we got in shipment one time. They were shaped-ish like the princesses, and painted their particular colors on the outside. Even as we were unpacking them backstage to be shelved and then put onstage during our next stage set, the paint was already chipping off of them :cyclops: (We did stage sets about every 3 weeks or so after early store close on Sunday nights - as per mall hours, we were open from 12p-6p on Sunday's, 10a-9p the rest of the week - which pretty much involved moving things around depending on how they were selling, putting new merch on stage, etc. Many times we were there 'til after midnight)
We put as many as we could onstage that didn't look like total carp.
The other item was these kiddo metal-framed, canvas-covered, beach chairs with a matching attachable side-mounted umbrella. Apparently, they were bending and/or collapsing and pinching some kiddos (I Rolled my eyes at how flimsy they looked when l first unpacked one :rolleyes:).
Eventually, we got emails from Home Office to remove those items from onstage, and store the backstage until further notice.
Eventually, we were directed to destroy all of both items in the crusher dumpster out back.
A manager and at least one other CM had to be present to witness the crushing, so as to supposedly deter any pilferage. :cyclops:
One item I will never forget, was these, but they were never recalled (probably because they made thousands upon thousands of them) were these...

View attachment 200719

The problem? The cars wheels didn't roll...!!! :hilarious:
The brainiac(s) in product developement that came up with that were hopefully fired. :bored:
What little boy/girl wants a car with wheels that don't roll...?!?!?! o_O
I used to make sure I informed every guest of this before they purchased them because we were getting so many returns when they discovered this after purchase, it just didn't make sense to not let them know in the first place. :rolleyes:

Yep, I should write a book...!!! :hilarious: ;)

All you have to do is search Disney recall and you see what hits the fan just for 2017

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom