The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

I say keep it, maybe do a little more cooking. And while you are cooking, I think B might want to look into lawyering up. By bringing up the benefits, that boss opens up a whole new avenue. Seriously, consult an attorney, because it sounds like this had to do more with the cost of insuring B, than his performance, and the turkey is just a thin veneer covering. Might not be, but unless I am missing something, it may be a pattern there.
What I thought.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
It was creepy to me. I always thought humans dressed like cats was creepy though.;)
On stage I don't think it's so bad. I never needed to see James Cordon as a CGI cat, though. That's the stuff of nightmares.
Oh, and I can't believe they pushed a Wicked film back for this nonsense. Although on the bright side, it will give me the chance to see Wicked on the stage before a film comes out. Me: obsessed with a musical I've never actually seen.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Good to know!

Options: keep as is, 3 nights in the cabin at $225 each, completely covered by points, new experience, bring the dog, have at least $100 more in points for I guess one nice meal.

Cut Sunday and just drive up to a La Quinta to be ready for earliest possible check-in on Monday (Labor Day.) Save $249 (incl tax) to use for meals. Since it’s only Sunday night to Wednesday afternoon, that pretty much covers most of it (especially if we take the cooking suggestion.) We have no Sunday park tix anyway. It was going to be a resort day. Bring dog.

Switch Sunday to All Star for $87, save about $150, but leave dog home.

Switch to the Port Orleans that takes dogs, save about $50 per night = $150 towards meals. No kitchen.

Switch to our usual CBR, save just under $100 per night = $280. No dog.

Switch to AoA for $120, POP for $100, All Star Music for $87. Save up to $150 per night = $450. No dog. Significant $$ there, though.

Don't forget to calculate the cost of boarding or pet sitting if you leave dog home.

Oh! Can also nix the whole thing and go first week of September for Food & Wine, possibly off site. We couldn’t do that before because of his work. Or can even go on my bday 8/31. OK, I have some “what if” planning to do after the dentist today lol.

Listen, I mean this in the nicest way.... but I wouldn't set you guys up for disappointment of not going. If Brian lands a job by the first week of September he likely won't be able to go. Or if he lands an interview that's about the right time frame for the interviews if he's applying today. I vote keep the trip. Maybe your luck is different than mine, but I'd hate to be put in the position of not being able to go at all because an opportunity popped up. You'll both choose the opportunity. And you know with new jobs you usually spend a good six months not taking a single day off because you're the new guy.

MySmallWorldof4

Don't forget to calculate the cost of boarding or pet sitting if you leave dog home.

Listen, I mean this in the nicest way.... but I wouldn't set you guys up for disappointment of not going. If Brian lands a job by the first week of September he likely won't be able to go. Or if he lands an interview that's about the right time frame for the interviews if he's applying today. I vote keep the trip. Maybe your luck is different than mine, but I'd hate to be put in the position of not being able to go at all because an opportunity popped up. You'll both choose the opportunity. And you know with new jobs you usually spend a good six months not taking a single day off because you're the new guy.
Good points.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Me upon getting home...
tenor.gif
They're leaving for WDW tomorrow. Nine nights of having the house to myself. So. Excited.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
They're leaving for WDW tomorrow. Nine nights of having the house to myself. So. Excited.

It is so nice having the house to yourself for awhile. I like when hubs goes on his church youth trips now, it gives me a week all to myself! Not that I do too much and by the end of the week I'm ready for him to come back and mess up my clean house.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
The rain has me inside cooking all day. I really don't mind so much but wish James wouldn't eat as fast as I can cook:rolleyes:
We got food when I worked from home on Friday from the Italian place near us. My mom called me and told me to ask my brother whether he wanted one or two slices of pizza. I told her just to get two without asking. Lo and behold, that's what he ate.

93boomer

Premium Member
I think I have mentioned before that my parents took me to see Jaws when I was 5 or 6 at the theater when it came out and how it scarred me for life. Well, I just read about shark sightings and attacks this August around Cocoa Beach. So, texted dh and said we are going to Clearwater.
Shark sightings will change your mind very quickly!!

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No

I agree with this @Tony the Tigger . I was in the same boat earlier this year. Lost my job one day, found out I needed surgery the next. I figured I was in for a long road, and I had a planned WDW trip, so I extended it a few days and lived off of my savings for a bit. I had a job shortly after recovering, so going was well worth it.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
It is so nice having the house to yourself for awhile. I like when hubs goes on his church youth trips now, it gives me a week all to myself! Not that I do too much and by the end of the week I'm ready for him to come back and mess up my clean house.
I called my mom yesterday to see if she needed anything from Walgreens. No...and then a short rant on how my brother was driving her crazy.

Then I got home, walked in the door, and he immediately started nagging me. I finally told him I'd had enough, and he swatted at me (basically just hits the air near me but doesn't connect). I told him to stop it, which immediately sent him to Mom, who sided with me. Then my mom was cranky because of dealing with him. I went outside and blew off the back deck with the leaf blower. It was either that or get in my car and drive away.

I'm so looking forward to them leaving. Although probably by Saturday I'll get a call from my mom saying that one or both of them is driving her nuts.

donaldtoo

@donaldtoo I just wanted to say that it's really special how supportive you are of your DD and her vegan cooking. When I make a vegetarian dish that's amazing, most of my friends/family say things like "I wouldn't eat that" or "that would be delicious with some chicken in, then I'd eat it!!"

So good on you for being supportive, telling her it looks yummy, and knowing you, for eventually trying it. You're a good man.

Wow, how sweet, and thank you...I'll take all the compliments I can get...!!! ;) :)
We wouldn't be anything but supportive. She has spent a good amount of time in recent years experimenting/trying different things to find what she feels works best for her diet-wise. She has learned a lot, and thus have we.
Also though, my mom never had a problem gettin' me to eat my veggies, so the things DD makes always look and sound good to me.
Some of the GF stuff has been a bit hard to swallow ;) from time to time, but, we/she just chuckle about that, as she's still tryin' to dial some a' that in.
All in all, the vast majority of vegan dishes she's prepared, and the ones she's recommended we try dining out, have actually been really good to me (although, some other family members MMV ;))...!!!!! :hungry:
And, just let what the friends/family say roll off your back...if your feelin' better, that's all that matters...!!! :)
Anyway, thanks again, and I'm glad that you are finding what works best for you, as well...!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom