The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Right now it has finally left the daytime 90's after a chain of storms went through and the current temperature is 63 deg. F. I can't even remember when it was that cool last. Time to break out the jacket. Now I know why I hung my jacket on the back of a dining room chair as I walked in whenever the last time was that I needed it. Months ago, but, I may need it tomorrow morning. It even seems a tad chilly. I know I leased my new car mid-April and I don't even know if the heater works.

Rista1313

Right now it has finally left the daytime 90's after a chain of storms went through and the current temperature is 63 deg. F. I can't even remember when it was that cool last. Time to break out the jacket. Now I know why I hung my jacket on the back of a dining room chair as I walked in whenever the last time was that I needed it. Months ago, but, I may need it tomorrow morning. It even seems a tad chilly. I know I leased my new car mid-April and I don't even know if the heater works.
It's 75 here right now...it's been so perfect the last two days since the storms blew through here too!

93boomer

Premium Member
Aha I am not the only one that thinks it’s chilly @MinnieM123 !😜

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have a bread experiment in the oven. I found a recipe for gluten free vegan bread. It is made from oat flour, millet flour, tapioca flour, and arrowroot. I haven’t really made bread since I turned mostly gluten free. I am hoping to use some of the sugar free jam we got at the farmer’s market last week.

They had Millet Plants growing in Living With The Land the last time we floated through. Didn't know what it was, had to look it up.

Gabe1

That is cool that you were a travel agent for awhile... I got laid off after 9/11, so I know that pain.

$2000 is not even feasible when 8 day hopper passes on a discounted website are now $1,020! I feel like you would have to be super frugal to add $1000 more these days after car, hotel, food... I think you could do it being super frugal though. In my "eating out" budget I had added $1500 for the week for 2 of us. That was eating on Disney property. That's not even including airfare for 2 people.

Everyone is different in how they travel. I could totally do some things on the cheap, and do.. we get a delivery from the store and buy breakfast items so we don't have to eat breakfast at the food court or in the parks. But you are right... I like being immersed in the bubble, and disney makes it easy to travel to the parks with a scooter... so I choose to save a bit longer to afford staying on disney property. Will I ever be able to afford to stay at the poly? Not unless I save for a few years.

We always stay on Disney Property but not always at a Disney owned resort. My favorite resort, which does change over the years is Swan and Dolphin. I've stayed also At Hilton Bonnet Creek and Marriott Flamingo crossing for several weeks which was a massive room with a full kitchen, large table, L shaped couch and I had a King Bed though I stayed again this past year with my kids and that room didn't have that sofa but 2 Queen beds and a double bath.

Flamingo was the best $$$ and included a full breakfast buffet served cafeteria style and all sorts of hot foods and fresh fruits, beverages included. The downside was it is at the end of Western Way (though I hear they opened the next stretch to nowhere) The closet thing it is to is the Disney Coronado. Currently The four corners of Flamingo Crossing is building up rapidly and one corner will be apartments for the Disney College Program so I suspect this area will be very appealing in the near future.

We keep watching Swan and Dolphin though for upcoming trips. I did Bonnet Creek with a Scooter and it was fine cause I had 2 kids to load it as they use Coach Buses. NICE!!!!
Swan and Dolphin uses Disney Buses so that isn't a problem with Scooters. But if he has a scooter that is extra long it is a bite to get in the elevator and into some rooms. Me being small I had the lightweight scooter that comes apart in about 15 seconds, we actually Uber'd a lot and it fit into every trunk.

Gabe1

Then it isn't the one I was thinking about. If it were, believe me, there would be no way that you wouldn't have seen it. It is an amusement park with one of those huge "sling Shot" rides and blindingly bright lights everywhere you look. From looking at the website though, it appears to be right behind Old Town on the map. Just a back street off 192. However, it has been years since I went by there, so the old one that I have in mind might be a victim of redundancy and is no longer. Looks like a nice place in the picture.

And then there is also the IDRIVE entertainment area of International Dr., that has a come a long way in the past several years. It had turned into a Dump and now surges of money is being reinvested in the area.

Gabe1

That's the other issue -- summer fill-in help. :facepalm:

We have been having all sorts of postal issues but not too many that really matter. Just about everything of importance is paid online and is paperless billing. If Ralph Breaks our Internet I'll be at a loss.

We had a twit of a Post Master. That happens often in small towns. We have a Post Master that appears to trying to fix it and is trying new routes and different strategies. We shall see. The only thing they can't seem to understand is packages here. We have a Vestibule that is locked on weekends unless Amazon or UPS is coming then we in the building unlock it. The mail comes to a metal mail center outside that also has two huge boxes for packages for Post Office Delivery Only.

Outdoor-Mailboxes-U.S..png

On weekends packages often are not left by our PO because the door is locked. I stopped one Carrier as he was going back to his truck with our package. He wasn't thrilled and snapped our door needed to be unlocked. I then asked why he didn't put the package in the PO Mail Center lock box? Reply: What Lock Box. :banghead:

Gabe1

I haven’t been to the Wisconsin State Fair since my 4-H club performed there. That was when I was in 5th grade so many many moons ago! It was fun though. I remember the cream puffs being a big thing. Now it is just too far to drive for one day, or we have to stay overnight. That’s why we usually just go to the Minnesota State Fair, only about an hour drive. That Fair is at the end of August and always HOT!

My Dad loved the Wisconsin State Fair. Mainly the food. He took us every year and years later took my kids who loved the fair also. My entire family loved their Cream Puffs and the line was always very long.

My Dad being my Dad :rolleyes: took my son to get cream puffs for him, mom and my two kids.
As my son laughing so hard as he recounted Papa not willing to wait for Cream Puffs guided my son by the shoulders and as a family was leaving with cream puffs he shoved my kid in front of the next customer and ordered. Of course the next guest was trying to object, too late he ordered and paid.

*As I mentioned before after my folks accompanied us to WDW for a couple of weeks (us longer than them) my Dad was no longer allowed to travel with us, he always had a better way just like with the cream puffs. That was long ago my DD in Pre-K. I hold a grudge for misbehavior. My Mom went several times with us after that trip but that was my Dads last one...I could write a chapter of all the things he did on that trip. He thought he was dying. It was actually gall bladder attacks, till it ruptured.

Gabe1

I went back a two days. I pronounce myself caught up. If I missed anything good or important please fill in the blanks.

donaldtoo

Yah, it's easy to stereotype. (Done that a few times, myself.) But regardless of age groups, I do believe that most people are individuals with various preferences and abilities. And it may also be that teens now may have a wider selection of summer jobs, than my brother (the caddie) had in the past. Who knows? Maybe if my brother had some newer job options that some teens do today, he might have also picked a different summer job.

Minnie, this is in no way a rant against you, just so you know...I’ve worked with people less than half my age that are no longer at the firm for good reason...just a follow-up from a parent of 3 Millennials their mother and I are proud of...!!!!! :happy:

Yea, the “Millennial” crap gets old after a while, especially when we’ve raised 3 wonderful, beautiful children into adulthood to be otherwise than what they are, generally, these days, thought of, and even our special needs DS is workin’ his rear off at the Salvation Army.
I’m just gonna’ go with the proper raising of our children that we did, and how close we are as a family...sorry sooo many can’t see the value many of us parents of Millennials have instilled in them.
Again, our DS works his rear off. Both our DDs are unpaid on the BoD of a pediatric cancer foundation, youngest is still a teacher at an inclusive Pre-K, and oldest is staying home with our granddaughter for now until she is old enough to go back with mommy to start teaching again at her old school...!!! :)
I’m gonna’ go with we did a pretty damn good job, under any circumstances....!!!!! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom