The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

In something completely different.
I have a job proposal as freelancer which will (if it works as It was proposed).. I will be doing a similar job to what im doing and earning a bit more money.

of course, upwork will be chunking quite a bit of the money for their service and the protection system.
It sounds good until you say you have to pay them for their service and protection.

Songbird76

I think that's my real problem with most of it. Like, I get that it's not convenient to leave the park. I get that it's an addiction and some people have a hard time quitting.

But still, it's dirty, it pollutes, and for those of us who have breathing problems, it's outright dangerous to be around it. I don't understand why everyone else has to bend over backwards for it.

And yes, some of the areas were tucked out of the way, but a lot of them were right in the middle of the path.

I don't get why some people feel like it's discriminatory. It's not...it impacts everyone around you when you do it.

My aunt, who is a smoker herself, hosts most get togethers at her house. She banned smoking even though she smokes because my relatives would light up wherever they happen to be, regardless of whether they were near one of the many asthmatics. She used to have it in a certain area of the backyard, now it's banned all together.
Right...like, I know it's inconvenient for them to have to walk back to the park entrance, but you're the one who made the choice to start smoking. Why should WE be inconvenienced because you made a poor choice? Those are the consequences of smoking. And yes, I'm sure it's hard to quit, but why do we have to enable you to keep smoking?

I guess part of it for me is that my mom was so unreasonable about her smoking. She would get mad if I waved the smoke away when it was in my face. She would refuse to visit anyone's home if they didn't allow her to smoke. We went to a restaurant with my then boyfriend's parents...my mom was the ONLY one in our party who smoked and my boyfriend got nosebleeds from cigarette smoke and my mom was furious that his parents had the audacity to say "Non-smoking" when the host asked where we'd like to sit. She was one person in a party of 6 people and it was nice weather, so she could EASILY go outside for 15 minutes, but we couldn't easily avoid smoke for even a minute in the smoking section....she called them "inconsiderate" for not thinking about the fact that she's a smoker. She expected all 5 of us to be uncomfortable for the entire evening so she didn't have to walk 20 feet to the door and be inconvenienced for 10 minutes but WE are inconsiderate because we asked to have clean air to breathe? And when I had my own apartment, it was clearly stated in the rental agreement that if anyone was caught smoking in the building, it was at a minimum of a $70 fine for a first offense, and could result in eviction. My mom goes to light up and I tell her she can't smoke in the building, I can get evicted. She told me she was the mom and that meant she got to make the rules and I couldn't keep her from smoking. She did not care that she could get me evicted from my apartment....her smoking was way more important to her than I was, I guess. So I look at it through a sort of filter of resentment...I would like for Disney to have given smokers more notice of the impending ban, BUT, I do not feel sorry for people who consider themselves as being more important than everyone else around them. I'm not sorry that they are banning it, and it's absolutely not discriminatory any more than it is discriminatory to keep people from going to the park nude. NO ONE is allowed to do it, so it's not discriminatory.

Songbird76

My favorite part of that thread was the guy who admitted he would sneak vaping in the park, insisted he wasn't above the rules, and when the Ferret countered him, the guy asked him if he ever cut the tags off of pillows or went above the speed limit, and then before waiting for confirmation, insisted the Ferret was a rule breaker too. Then somehow, the conversation got onto if vaporized pot would smell, and this was the reply...
HAHAHA!! That's great....I knew I liked the ferret!! So if the guy insists that he cuts tags off pillows and speeds, he must do it himself or he wouldn't be so sure that everyone does those things. (and I don't do either....I have yet to cut a tag off a pillow or mattress, and I was pulled over for speeding ONCE and it was because my spedometer was off...I thought I was going a cautious 2 miles under the limit. Not everyone is a rule breaker.)

Songbird76

I really hope we can keep the smoking thing in the smoking thread. Many of us have some very strong opinions about it, reverse entitlement and other parts as well. Please leave it in it's own thread so I can enjoy myself in this tread. We are becoming those people that make fun of the opinions and actions of others. That problem of enforcement is between those that break that rules and the degree that Disney is willing to enforce those rules.
Sorry...I had already replied to comments before I got this far in the thread.

Cesar R M

I'm a bit baffled right now.
Lets just say that I got an offer that is.. way too good to be real (but once I searched the position and looked at their salaries.. the price is similarly priced as others).

This job is sort of a business center that sells phone apps and then transfer some of that stuff into digital valuables.
The payment seems EXTREMELY WELL for a person like me, of course with the responsibility added that there shouldn't be mistakes in these transfers. Think of it like a bank.
To make things better.. the job is working from home.
I'm still unsure if he is ok for me to work remotely from outside the country or if I have to apply for a VISA and get a proper work permit before joining.

Goofyernmost

I watched a bit of it and noticed the same thing. I also noticed a few of the caddies were wearing shorts and t-shirts.
It was cool this weekend, but, nowhere near what I would call cold. I wore short sleeves all weekend.
This morning, on the other hand, we shattered the record for our coldest morning temp at the airport for this date from 1970, which was 38 degrees...it got down to 32 degrees this morning. Still TSSFFBR weather ;), but, pretty cool for us this time of year...! :)
Yea, us too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom