The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I wear short sleeve shirts off and on all year long. Even when I wear long sleeve shirts I roll the sleeves up, unless I’m wearing my suit coat.
3 reasons:
  1. It just doesn’t get very cold here.
  2. I still sketch at my drafting table a lot during the preliminary design process and the long sleeves will get messed up by pencil lead and marker ink.
  3. I simply just don’t like long sleeves. :)
If you had been watching the golf tournament this past weekend there in Austin some might have thought that it was being held in Antarctica by seeing how the golfers were dressed. ;)

12in12

Saw Captain Marvel for the second time tonight. I'm fairly certain Jasmine is actually a Flerken.
I saw Captain Marvel yesterday, the Flerken was the break out star in my opinion. 🤩
Isn't it strange? 10 years ago, my family had dial up and a computer room.

Now, I have a laptop, a tablet, and a smartphone, and we have two smart TVs and Alexa speakers in addition to personal devices. Heck, even not having data on my phone is just unfathomable. I'd be perpetually lost without Waze/Google maps.

Dependence on the internet... sigh
I have data on my phone when needed and internet at work, plus most shops etc. have free WiFi these days so I still spend quite a bit of time online. I just can't do it at home, it's a big adjustment but I'm going to stick with it for at least 6 months.

12in12

Today's cooking project, beans and greens with a sauce the boys say tastes like hot dogs. The sauce is made with Bragg's, tomato paste, mustard and a bit of stevia. At least it's quick and easy chop the veggies and put them along with the "sauce" in one pressure cooker and put the beans in the other wait for the beeps mix and done:joyfull:
That sounds easy and tasty, my favourite kind of meal.:D

MySmallWorldof4

We actually watched the original airing of that episode in Nov. of ‘76!!! :)
And yes, they were either on the verge of cracking up, or starting to crack up, sooooo many times during their super-silly skits over the years...!!!!!!! :hilarious:

Another one of my all-time favorite Carol Burnett show skits was their “Jaws” parody “Jowels”...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:

Oh my gosh! I don’t remember if I saw that episode as I was very young when it was on. I do remember being taken to see Jaws at the movies. Guessing no babysitter was available? It scared the heck out of me. My mom covered my eyes so much during that film. A definite parental mistake. Anyway I had problems taking baths for a while after that. If I would put my head under water in the tub, it would sound like the jaws music to me. I imagined a shark coming out from the drain. Still to this day I have issues with the icean and sharks. Thanks mom.

MySmallWorldof4

One time, when we were in WDW, it started chirping. My older cat, Belle, who never comes out for anyone we get to feed the cats while we're gone, came out. Wouldn't let the sitter touch her, but she guided her over to the smoke detector like, "You gonna do something about this?" She changed the battery, and Belle didn't come out the next time.
That is a very smart cat. :hilarious:

donaldtoo

If you had been watching the golf tournament this past weekend there in Austin some might have thought that it was being held in Antarctica by seeing how the golfers were dressed. ;)

I watched a bit of it and noticed the same thing. I also noticed a few of the caddies were wearing shorts and t-shirts.
It was cool this weekend, but, nowhere near what I would call cold. I wore short sleeves all weekend.
This morning, on the other hand, we shattered the record for our coldest morning temp at the airport for this date from 1970, which was 38 degrees...it got down to 32 degrees this morning. Still TSSFFBR weather ;), but, pretty cool for us this time of year...! :)

12in12

The UK government opened its settlement scheme to application over the weekend. As a Dutch citizen living in London I need to register to get the right to remain.
I applied today and was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was. There was an app I downloaded on my phone which could scan my ID card, the app scanned my face, took pictures of front and back of ID card, I filled in some standard forms on line, like National security number, no criminal convictions etc. and that was it. Took me 10 minutes at most.
I'll get an email with my status once they verified my info.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The UK government opened its settlement scheme to application over the weekend. As a Dutch citizen living in London I need to register to get the right to remain.
I applied today and was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was. There was an app I downloaded on my phone which could scan my ID card, the app scanned my face, took pictures of front and back of ID card, I filled in some standard forms on line, like National security number, no criminal convictions etc. and that was it. Took me 10 minutes at most.
I'll get an email with my status once they verified my info.
If only they could sort brexit out that quick.

StarWarsGirl

And this is what fuels threads like this. They are an easy target. But worse conditions are at all fireworks displays for the lungs of others. Do we hear out cries to stop these other things that are worse....
The only time I've ever had a problem with fireworks is at World Showcase. I've never once had an issue at MK or DHS; the block off the areas where the fireworks are shot off and then spray it down. Smoke doesn't have a chance to get anywhere. World Showcase I have to pay attention to which way the wind is blowing and stand opposite of it.

Smoking sections on the other hand, especially in DL where I wasn't as familiar with the layout, were problematic. Especially some of the cigars. I've discovered those will cause me to shutdown.

Personally, I understand that nicotine is extremely addictive. I understand it's one of the hardest drugs to quit and that the side effects can be miserable. I have a problem with a smoker's need to smoke seemingly taking precedence over everyone else's clean air.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom