The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

Ha, of course it is fine. And you just reminded me that my dd will want to buy a new bow after todays competition. It was become a thing for her, bow collecting.
We have a bow collection from poms. Regular home game bow, yellow bow (and 2 sets of yellow poms) for game with proceeds to child cancer awareness, pink for cancer, special for Homecoming game. And it looks like she will be going for set number 3 next school year.

After so many competitions, your DD must have quite the collection.

Rista1313

So, for my birthday, DH bought me a really nice air fryer. I just figured out I will have to get some kind of heat resistant pad to put under it to use it. So, for those that have one, do I keep it or return it?

I don't have a heat resistant pad under mine? hmmm I use mine only once in awhile... my stepson uses it all the time to cook frozen things like fries, pizza rolls, etc. My MIL makes steaks and pork chops in it. I've done this.. and it was good, but not something I think about using all the time. I use my instant pot way more!

Songbird76

Reading it is amusing if you have the time.

Some people are just completely anti-smoking and some smokers don't understand why society doesn't bend over backwards for them. Some smokers are like, "I'm discriminated against because I'm a smoker!" You mean the fact that you have to leave if you're going to smoke? I did get on there because some smokers were up and arms about it and saying the general population can handle a bit of cigarette smoke, and I'm like, er, nope. Not everyone.

My asthmatic lungs are happy that I won't have to avoid certain walkways, but I do get concerned about people lighting up wherever.
I have avoided that thread....I understand people being upset with the timing...there is almost no notice, so that makes it hard to prepare for your trip if you now have to add in time to leave the parks for smoke breaks in between ADRs and FPs. I get that, but the feeling of entitlement like they should be able to smoke wherever and whenever they want to bugs me. Yes, you have the right to make the decision to be a smoker, but -I- have the right to make the decision NOT to be, and when you light up, everyone in that area is forced to smoke with you. I don't care if you want to impact your own health, but I DO have a problem with impacting other people who don't have a choice in where you smoke.

MySmallWorldof4

We have a bow collection from poms. Regular home game bow, yellow bow (and 2 sets of yellow poms) for game with proceeds to child cancer awareness, pink for cancer, special for Homecoming game. And it looks like she will be going for set number 3 next school year.

After so many competitions, your DD must have quite the collection.
After today, 21. The competition is now. They go on in an hour and twenty.

MySmallWorldof4

Just wanted to post this picture...this face is why we go to the lamb day every year...this is how much DS LOVES sheep. This is his face just because a lamb was walking toward him. He named this year's lamb Alex.
View attachment 360368
What a great shot! Too bad they do not make good pets. ;)
I have avoided that thread....I understand people being upset with the timing...there is almost no notice, so that makes it hard to prepare for your trip if you now have to add in time to leave the parks for smoke breaks in between ADRs and FPs. I get that, but the feeling of entitlement like they should be able to smoke wherever and whenever they want to bugs me. Yes, you have the right to make the decision to be a smoker, but -I- have the right to make the decision NOT to be, and when you light up, everyone in that area is forced to smoke with you. I don't care if you want to impact your own health, but I DO have a problem with impacting other people who don't have a choice in where you smoke.
I only read the first few pages. There was one guy who seemed as you put it, entitled, and was going to do what he wanted anyway.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, for my birthday, DH bought me a really nice air fryer. I just figured out I will have to get some kind of heat resistant pad to put under it to use it. So, for those that have one, do I keep it or return it?

May I extend some joyful birthday wishes to you!! :)

Keep the air fryer. I got a smaller sized one for hubs for Christmas, and he loves it. Uses it at least twice a week.

As for a heat resistant pad, maybe it depends upon what your counter surface is made out of, and also the size and brand of the air fryer. To be safe, it may be a good idea to get one, if you're cooking on the counter. Hubs just puts it on the flat top part of the stove, and plugs it in. So we don't have or need, a pad under it.

StarWarsGirl

I think that's my real problem with most of it. Like, I get that it's not convenient to leave the park. I get that it's an addiction and some people have a hard time quitting.

But still, it's dirty, it pollutes, and for those of us who have breathing problems, it's outright dangerous to be around it. I don't understand why everyone else has to bend over backwards for it.

And yes, some of the areas were tucked out of the way, but a lot of them were right in the middle of the path.

I don't get why some people feel like it's discriminatory. It's not...it impacts everyone around you when you do it.

My aunt, who is a smoker herself, hosts most get togethers at her house. She banned smoking even though she smokes because my relatives would light up wherever they happen to be, regardless of whether they were near one of the many asthmatics. She used to have it in a certain area of the backyard, now it's banned all together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom