The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

Good grief!
The smokin’ thread was just started early Thursday mornin’ and is now approachin’ 52 pages...!!!!! :hilarious:
So far, I’ve only participated over there very minimally with a bit of silliness. And, for the record, I dont smoke.
I stay away from that thread in terms of posting.

I don't smoke either. I suffer from asthma. I suffered from inflammation of the lungs once in the past.

Smoke also does cause my eyes to itch and get watery like it did many years ago for an American football pre-season game. My dad somehow got tickets at the time in a non-smoking section, but there was a couple people were still lighting up cigarettes and caused my eyes problems as a result.

Thankfully that me and other people with asthma right now were not born in the 18th, 19th, or early 20th century due to the options of treating asthma.

The doctors in that big time frame were misguided for how to treat asthma because doctors from the 18th to early part of the 20th century actually though that smoking helps people with asthma:rolleyes:. Those doctors in that time from actually prescribed Pipes, cigarettes, and cigars to asthma patients as a way to treat asthma according to what I read in the past:jawdrop:🤦.

Out of anything, I would think asthma patients smoking would cause more problems with their lungs and other health issues.

wdwfan4ver

My aunt, who is a smoker herself, hosts most get togethers at her house. She banned smoking even though she smokes because my relatives would light up wherever they happen to be, regardless of whether they were near one of the many asthmatics. She used to have it in a certain area of the backyard, now it's banned all together.
You were lucky compare to my younger brother and I.

Back when my younger brother and I were kids, My dad's mom refused to put away dog and allowed smoking in their house despite my younger brother and I grew up with asthma and allergies. My eyes and nose was going off whenever I had to go there including Christmas Eve.

My dad came from a family of heavy smokers. My late grandparents actually bought lucky strike cigarettes by the box based on what I seen in their bedroom. Their bedroom was where all jackets were put. My dad was a smoker, but at least he quit when I was 9 or 10 years old.

The problem with the dog was easy. My grandparents went through one dog and replaced it with another. The thing with those dogs is they were not trained properly and they had fur.

My late grandparents had a dog that sheds. That dog also did stink while it sheds.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Home from seeing Dumbo. We ended up not being the only ones in the theater, three other people came in during the second preview.

As for Dumbo, I was entertained and I did not cry (although I teared up). Overall we thought it was well made and had some interesting nods to the original.

The Aladdin preview played before the movie and made me much more interested in seeing it, whereas the Toy Story 4 one made me want to see it less.

donaldtoo

I stay away from that thread in terms of posting.

I don't smoke either. I suffer from asthma. I suffered from inflammation of the lungs once in the past.

Smoke also does cause my eyes to itch and get watery like it did many years ago for an American football pre-season game. My dad somehow got tickets at the time in a non-smoking section, but there was a couple people were still lighting up cigarettes and caused my eyes problems as a result.

Thankfully that me and other people with asthma right now were not born in the 18th, 19th, or early 20th century due to the options of treating asthma.

The doctors in that big time frame were misguided for how to treat asthma because doctors from the 18th to early part of the 20th century actually though that smoking helps people with asthma:rolleyes:. Those doctors in that time from actually prescribed Pipes, cigarettes, and cigars to asthma patients as a way to treat asthma according to what I read in the past:jawdrop:🤦.

Out of anything, I would think asthma patients smoking would cause more problems with their lungs and other health issues.

When I was a kid growing up in No Cal, out of all the friends we had at the time, all of their parents smoked, but, ours did not.
My pop smoked from 1950 (started in the Army) until quitting shortly before I was born (oldest of 4 sibs) in 1962, and has never smoked again since.
But, other than at home, smoking was everywhere at the time...
Everywhere from even elementary school kids I knew sneakin’ a smoke out behind the portable buildings at recess (no joke), to our Little League baseball coaches (the dugout would be littered with butts after a game), to grocery stores, malls, hospital ERs (I once had an orthopedist put an entire cast on my leg, from my toes to my groin, with a cigarette(s) hanging out of his mouth the whole time), etc. It all just seemed like just a part of everyday life that you never really thought about, back then.
Although I’ve never been a habitual smoker, I have smoked a bit over the years socially. Usually of the happy hour with coworkers “Hey, can I bum a smoke?!” variety. But, haven’t smoked a cigarette in about 15 years.
At the first firm I worked for, out of 8 people I was the only one who didn’t smoke all day long in that small office. Again, never really thought about it because that’s just the way it was.
Then, a few years later they passed a smoking ban in all public buildings, those who wanted a smoke had to take a break and go outside, if they could. Way less exposure for those of us who didn't smoke on a regular basis.
Now, these days, if I smell even the tiniest hint of cigarette smoke I’m like this...

Pretty funny-interesting to see how this has all evolved over the decades of my lifetime, so far.

StarWarsGirl

You were lucky compare to my younger brother and I.

Back when my younger brother and I were kids, My dad's mom refused to put away dog and allowed smoking in their house despite my younger brother and I grew up with asthma and allergies. My eyes and nose was going off whenever I had to go there including Christmas Eve.

My dad came from family of heavy smokers. My late grandparents actually bought lucky strike cigarettes by the box based on what I seen in their bedroom. Their bedroom was where all jackets were put. My dad was a smoker, but at least he quite when I was 9 or 10 years old.

The problem with the dog was easy. My grandparents went through one dog and replaced it with another. The thing with those dogs is they were not trained properly and they had fur.

My late grandparents had a dog that sheds. That dog also did stink while it sheds.
I am the fourth generation asthmatic on my mom's side of the family. Ran through the women. There's only one male on my mom's side who has it.

My grandmother had it and was evidently a drama queen. She's since died, and unfortunately, her legacy is that people don't take it seriously. My aunt (grandmother's sister) took care of my great grandmother in her later year. She takes asthma seriously, and hence will tell off members of our family.

Thankfully, growing up, no one on my dad's side of the family smoked growing up. I have two cousins who smoke now, but they are careful to make sure they aren't around me when they do. My cousin's fiancee used to smoke. She used to be into more serious stuff, but she quit everything recently. No caffeine, no smoking, doesn't even drink. She won't even take anything for pain other than Tylenol just in case. Really respect her for that.

donaldtoo

I will actually be traveling all over the place haha. I am going to Albuquerque, Santa Fe, El Paso and Roswell.

The last time I was through El Paso was on a trip to California (including Disneyland) back in ‘87. It’s a looooooong way from Austin to El Paso, and we ended up spending our first night of the trip in a motel in Las Cruces, NM...!!! :)

NateD1226

The last time I was through El Paso was on a trip to California (including Disneyland) back in ‘87. It’s a looooooong way from Austin to El Paso, and we ended up spending our first night of the trip in a motel in Las Cruces, NM...!!! :)

View attachment 360463
Yeah that’s why I am not going to Austin on this trip 😭 If I ever go back to Texas, I will definitely take this in consideration. Thank you so much!

Cesar R M

My favorite part of that thread was the guy who admitted he would sneak vaping in the park, insisted he wasn't above the rules, and when the Ferret countered him, the guy asked him if he ever cut the tags off of pillows or went above the speed limit, and then before waiting for confirmation, insisted the Ferret was a rule breaker too. Then somehow, the conversation got onto if vaporized pot would smell, and this was the reply...
You should continue reading, there are morons now trying to exchange dirty tricks to continue smoking.
Including making strategic holes in stuff to hide it.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That's a lot of good lookin' food :)

And economical. Great foods. Been going here when in the area for over 35 years. It was the town I bought my first condo, the done with college and time to move on out of Mom and Dads house first home. It was a family business, still is but I'm thinking only the one DD around my age is left.

Gabe1

I received this today.... it screamed epcot to me!

View attachment 360237

And I finished a baby blanket today!

View attachment 360238

Nice work on the blanket. My Mom makes blankets for new babies and new couples in our family. As her hands started to get too arthritic she made my kids their 'couple' blankets with they were in their teens just in case she could not make them in the years to come.

Love the bow, the would look pretty on Minnie Ears or a Minnie ears baseball hat. Any idea where the ribbon came from. Nice touch too with the pretty bead in the middle, never saw that before.

donaldtoo

Yeah that’s why I am not going to Austin on this trip 😭 If I ever go back to Texas, I will definitely take this in consideration. Thank you so much!

Your’re very welcome!!! :)
Yep, Austin and the Texas Hill Country to the west (about 31,000 square miles) are definitely very cool and beautiful, not to mention there’s a lot to do here between Austin and San Antonio (my hometown) and everywhere in between, plus all over Texas.
We are very happy here, and don’t plan on relocating anytime in the near future...!!!!! :happy: :)

Gabe1

Im envious.. our chinese buffets are ugly.. there are no sit down chinese restaurants that are decent anymore :(

This is a large Chinese restaurant that lines the downtown area of a Western suburb of Chicago. It takes two store fronts, my guess is they at some point took over the second one just because of how it is divided into two rooms. Such great food. There is one more great one that I know of in the NW suburbs of Chicago in the town where I bought my first house, I can make that one to be in route to my Moms home but it cost more but more modern that the one we generally go to and the more economical one gives huge portions. We all share.

I don't do buffets Chinese or otherwise. There is a fast food Panda Express all about this area but it makes me sick within 20 minutes, after a few times I put two and two together.
There has to be something I'm allergic to. The fast food Chicken place all over the country Chick-fil-A does that to me too so it is obviously something in the ingredients.

Gabe1

Totally jelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every time I think about getting one a great piece of fabric goes on sale:banghead:

I've wanted one a while, have yet to try it out, maybe tomorrow.

I'm on a hunt on behalf of my DD for Popsicle fabric, so if you see it somewhere give me a shout out please. (I did well at JoAnn's this week, lots of coupons.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom