The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I watched Far from the tree on Netflix yesterday. A thought provoking documentary about families whose child turned out different from the norm.
It was based on a book one participant in the documentary wrote about being gay and how his parents struggled to accept the fact he wasn't "normal". He than looked at other situations where a child wasn't as parents expected, several with disabilities like autism and down syndrome.
That sounds very interesting....I'll have to look that up! Thanks for the heads up!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
although I thought Beauty and the Beast is a horrible movie and it made 1 billion
I'm with you there. Can't figure that one out either. It's main appeal is to children, and to some adults as well. Of the people I know, they either didn't like it, or more of them were just "neutral" about it. Some of these people have kids, and the kids seemed to really like it.

I think they drew in a lot of Harry Potter fans by their casting choice.

My daughter loves the live action BatB so I've watched it more than my fair share, LOL. I think it's okay. Meh, really, but I love Gaston and LeFou in it. They did a really good job.

Some of the furniture is creepy in the live action though.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I think I'm just going to shower and take the phone into the bathroom so I can answer it if it rings. His classroom teacher told me what happened and the incident was in the "work ahead lab", and I asked if the teacher for that would be calling and she asked if I would like her to, and I said yes please. So I'm assuming she will call this afternoon, but I thought she would have already called...maybe she didn't feel like there was much to tell. DS said the teacher wasn't in the room when the kids were making fun of him, and she came in when he was shouting at them, so maybe she only caught the tail end. He did say the teacher was able to calm him down and fix the problem....I just want to hear from her what happened because sometimes it's hard to understand what DS says or he doesn't understand why someone else did something and can't explain everything.
But this is the first time in months that he's blown up...I want to know what happened. He's really had problems with this "work ahead lab". It's supposed to be an extra challenge for kids who need a bit more than the regular classroom curriculum. But they work in groups and the first time he got really upset because there were 9 kids and they were supposed to be in groups of three. He was chosen to be a team captain, but instead of taking turns choosing, they asked the one kid who he wanted in his group...he picked 2 people, then they asked the other kid who he'd like.....so he picked two people, and DS didn't get to choose anyone, he just had to take who was left. And his friends had already been chosen, so he's working with kids who aren't his friends, and they admitted to leaving him out, and then the teacher asked him why he wasn't working and he felt like he was getting in trouble when they wouldn't let him help and wouldn't listen to his ideas. He's hating it and I'd like to understand the dynamic better.
How's your ds doing now?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Nice print...DD had a similar dress a while ago. Will this be an A-line, or is this just the skirt part?
THNX. That's the skirt(1/4 of it anyway) which I was going hoping to make fuller but I had just less than 2 yds to squeeze a dress out of and the flowers are directional:( That being said I was happy to get any of this fabric because the original price was $20 a yard:eek::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy: I got it on sale plus end of the bolt discount plus coupon:inlove: I'm allergic to rack rate😁

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I watched Far from the tree on Netflix yesterday. A thought provoking documentary about families whose child turned out different from the norm.
It was based on a book one participant in the documentary wrote about being gay and how his parents struggled to accept the fact he wasn't "normal". He than looked at other situations where a child wasn't as parents expected, several with disabilities like autism and down syndrome.

OOH! I'll look this one up tonight! Thanks!

StarWarsGirl

What? A knife could be sharp and could cut me? I had no idea!!
I lol'ed at your comment because my mom lately keeps cutting herself with knives. She'll be chopping, chopping, and then the next thing you know, she's cut herself. One time she was cleaning the knife and cut herself. She finally bought a cutting glove because she was cutting herself so much. Which was a good thing because my dad and I were talking about hiding all of the knives in the house

Goofyernmost

We have at least three malls here that are still doing well. I just went to one a few weeks ago. The parking garage was mostly full.

I think what helps is that there's more than just stores in them. There's several restaurants in the one I frequent, there's spas, there's banks, there's a Starbucks and other coffee shops, there's hair and nail salons, there's even a couple of the chain eye doctor places. The other one I frequent has a Dave and Buster's as well as hair and nail salons and restaurants. Aside from Sears, the department stores are all still going strong. You rarely see empty space in either one.

I think it also helps that even though you're inside, there's a lot of natural light during the day. I've had to wear sunglasses inside the mall before because it's just as bright as outside.
We have a Dave & Busters in this one... it came in about 4 years ago... it isn't helping as it also has an outside entrance and people are just going to D&B and not going in the mall.
And, yet again, the office was strangely void of partners this afternoon (cough golf tournament cough)... :cautious:;)
Although, the one who’s project I was working on was fairly diligent at keeping in touch with me by phone and me sending him PDFs of my design progress throughout...!!!!! :hilarious::cautious::hilarious:;):)
Not to worry, it looks like Tiger will be home before the weekend which should lighten up on the traffic, but, I guess since it is the weekend, it doesn't really matter.
This is the one that seriously confuses me...I don't understand the point. Were people throwing it at people or animals or something? I mean...it's ice.....in Florida. It melts. And does that mean drinks won't have ice in them?
It might be that security has a problem with it or that they are throwing ice in the walkways, but, I suppose they could do that with stuff that they bought onsite. I think that the soft drink ice is more crushed ice then larger chunk ice and will melt, but, not as fast and therefore be hazard for people walking along. I'd hate to be in Florida where the temperature was just three degrees below the temperature of the sun and be injured by slipping on the ice.
There is a rumor floating around, that despite our temps in the 60's yesterday, we may be in for some of the white stuff by tomorrow.
I cannot remember where I read it nor do I know where you live, but, I did see someplace today that their could be a nor'easter up-aire in the New England, New York, Joisey area this weekend.

Cesar R M

@Songbird76 and @MySmallWorldof4 this looks cute and air conditioned

On one side, the animatronic is very well done. The "moving" base that holds McQueen seems very seamless from an angle.
The only problem is.. as others said in the comments. Its a very basic simulator in terms of what it is.

I wonder if you will have a seat or just be standing while the show happens.
Will the seats be 4D and immerse you in the "run test" ?

MySmallWorldof4

All those wasted jelly beans!:eek:
My sister and I went to the movies a few years ago.
We are too frugal to buy snacks at the theatre so we brought a bag of peanut M&M's.
Just as the movie is starting my sister somehow managed to tip out at least half the bag. Those little suckers are loud in a quiet movie theatre rolling down the rows! For the rest of the movie you could hear the M&M's rolling when someone moved their feet.
It still makes us laugh thinking about it.
That made me laugh reading it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom