The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

This is the one that seriously confuses me...I don't understand the point. Were people throwing it at people or animals or something? I mean...it's ice.....in Florida. It melts. And does that mean drinks won't have ice in them?

I really think it's because the security has to do a thorough check, and who wants to sift around in someones ice? I kinda don't blame them on this one. bagged ice and ice packs are ok... but those are easily removed and checked.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
This is the one that seriously confuses me...I don't understand the point. Were people throwing it at people or animals or something? I mean...it's ice.....in Florida. It melts. And does that mean drinks won't have ice in them?
Popular thought is that people were bringing in coolers of ice and when done tipping them out wherever. Causing potential slip hazards. Also not easy for security to check coolers of ice.

KBLovedDisney

New count... Smoking Thread 37 pages, Stroller thread 19 pages, Ice thread 7 pages.
:jawdrop:

Wow, that smoking thread sure got heated real quick.

People just needed to let out the steam.:cautious:

Ha....I couldn't resist.

---

I'm just now having my coffee. I accidentally turned off my work alarms this morning. DH cooked me breakfast and made my coffee as I was scrambling to get out of the house.

Songbird76

I think the stroller thread is just as bad if not worse. God help us with helicopter parents.

And lawnmower parents...new term apparently but fits Americans to the point. (cough college scandal cough)
I had to laugh yesterday....I was watching Full House, and it was the episode where Jesse and Becky are trying to get Nicky and Alex into the prestigious preschool and Jesse lies on the application, saying he's an ambassador, the children are bilingual, and proficient on the bassoon. And Becky is the one who says she has to be honest....that Jesse "embellished" a bit to make the kids look more advanced than they actually were.

MouseDreaming

I agree. Still not as bad as the people I've seen hit by the new Keenz Strollers. Guests are hit by both in the back, lower legs and by the wheels. I've been hit by strollers and it hurts and trips you. The Keenz strollers flatten guests because they are fully impacted from the back on down in multiple body areas.

th

On the stroller thread I saw one member comically refer to these as mobile cribs.

th

Long, long time ago....this is similar to what I brought to the park when we needed two strollers for one year. An umbrella stroller about $20 that fit on the bus between us not taking up half the dang walkway of the bus or the standing space of a monorail. Simper times. I did have an expensive well made stroller we took for walks and such but still it was far from the tank strollers many parents must have now.
th

We rented the old blue and chrome ones from Disney back then otherwise.

th

Baby could sit, recline, nap. Done.

Disney can fix this...hope they really do.
I remember those Disney strollers from the 70's when my brothers were little. At the time, strollers weren't so easy to fold up and put in the trunk. At least once, maybe twice, my parents shelled out the big bucks for the double. But, because of the cost of renting, and the inconvenience of bringing a stroller anywhere, in my family, once you could walk without stumbling every few feet, you were walking. I am pretty sure my family wasn't alone in this, and it was a contributing factor to those old park pictures without the stroller armies.

Songbird76

Popular thought is that people were bringing in coolers of ice and when done tipping them out wherever. Causing potential slip hazards. Also not easy for security to check coolers of ice.
I figured there must be a reason, but I couldn't fathom what it was. The only thing I could think of was people using it as a weapon when a CM told them "no". But I figured if that was happening, we'd have heard about it in the news. It will be interesting to see how this manifests. Do they get rid of ice machines? What about ice in drinks, etc?

Songbird76

So, my best friend told me she's moving to Denver at the end of June. SHe's been in Australia for the last few years because her husband was transferred there for his job. She went in kicking and screaming and now she doesn't want to leave. They had arranged to get permanent residency there, but the guy who approved it was fired before the paperwork was done, and the company won't honor the deal now. So they are moving to Denver. I told her I was bummed as our trip this summer is the first trip we've planned to the US where we AREN'T going to Wyoming, and therefore aren't flying into DIA. She said maybe she and her younger daughter might come to Florida and do some park hopping with us for a few days. I'm trying to get her to come to Universal instead of Disney since we have a huge group at Disney already, and her daughter is a Harry Potter fan anyway, so that would be fun for her. They lived in California before going to Australia, so she's already been to a Disney park, but never WWoHP. I don't know if it will work out, but it would be great if it does!
I told her at least she'll be close to her mom and stepdad now, and she said nope, they are retiring, have sold their house, and are moving to Mexico.:rolleyes:

Songbird76

I need to shower because I have to work, but I'm waiting for one of DS's teachers to call. Apparently some kids were making fun of him today and he got mad and started screaming at them and asked them if they wanted a chair upside the head. :rolleyes::banghead: No, he wouldn't ever have actually thrown a chair at them...he's never been aggressive. He just gets angry and shouts. But I want to hear exactly what happened from the teacher, and I just know that as soon as I step into the shower, the phone will ring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom