The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

So, my best friend told me she's moving to Denver at the end of June. SHe's been in Australia for the last few years because her husband was transferred there for his job. She went in kicking and screaming and now she doesn't want to leave. They had arranged to get permanent residency there, but the guy who approved it was fired before the paperwork was done, and the company won't honor the deal now. So they are moving to Denver. I told her I was bummed as our trip this summer is the first trip we've planned to the US where we AREN'T going to Wyoming, and therefore aren't flying into DIA. She said maybe she and her younger daughter might come to Florida and do some park hopping with us for a few days. I'm trying to get her to come to Universal instead of Disney since we have a huge group at Disney already, and her daughter is a Harry Potter fan anyway, so that would be fun for her. They lived in California before going to Australia, so she's already been to a Disney park, but never WWoHP. I don't know if it will work out, but it would be great if it does!
I told her at least she'll be close to her mom and stepdad now, and she said nope, they are retiring, have sold their house, and are moving to Mexico.:rolleyes:

Sounds like the universe of life is against all her plans! I've heard people love Denver... so maybe she will love it there too!

Figgy1

Premium Member
So, my best friend told me she's moving to Denver at the end of June. SHe's been in Australia for the last few years because her husband was transferred there for his job. She went in kicking and screaming and now she doesn't want to leave. They had arranged to get permanent residency there, but the guy who approved it was fired before the paperwork was done, and the company won't honor the deal now. So they are moving to Denver. I told her I was bummed as our trip this summer is the first trip we've planned to the US where we AREN'T going to Wyoming, and therefore aren't flying into DIA. She said maybe she and her younger daughter might come to Florida and do some park hopping with us for a few days. I'm trying to get her to come to Universal instead of Disney since we have a huge group at Disney already, and her daughter is a Harry Potter fan anyway, so that would be fun for her. They lived in California before going to Australia, so she's already been to a Disney park, but never WWoHP. I don't know if it will work out, but it would be great if it does!
I told her at least she'll be close to her mom and stepdad now, and she said nope, they are retiring, have sold their house, and are moving to Mexico.:rolleyes:
I hope she can meet up with you at UNI and you're right that's the better location not only because of the size of your group but UNI is more go with the flow so you'll have more time for ketchup.

Songbird76

Sounds like the universe of life is against all her plans! I've heard people love Denver... so maybe she will love it there too!
Well, we are from Wyoming, so she's familiar with the area, though we were in Northern Wyo, and now she will be in Northern Co...I loved living in Laramie, which is only a couple hours from Denver. I hope she'll love it. When her husband was transferred to Oz, she was ready to divorce him and said no way was she moving there. I reminded her that she had also not wanted to go to California, and she had LOVED it...had not wanted to move to New Jersey before that, and had really liked it there, which was why she didn't want to move to Cali. Give Oz a chance....so she did, and she LOVED it, and said she considers herself Australian now. And now she has to move back to the US. She DID manage to find a private school for her daughter that uses the same model as her Australian school, so she's happy about that. And selfishly, I'm happy she'll be close to "home" so I can visit whenever we go back....I haven't seen her in 6 years. But, I'm sorry she's not happy.

12in12

I need to shower because I have to work, but I'm waiting for one of DS's teachers to call. Apparently some kids were making fun of him today and he got mad and started screaming at them and asked them if they wanted a chair upside the head. :rolleyes::banghead: No, he wouldn't ever have actually thrown a chair at them...he's never been aggressive. He just gets angry and shouts. But I want to hear exactly what happened from the teacher, and I just know that as soon as I step into the shower, the phone will ring.
I hope he calls soon.

12in12

I watched Far from the tree on Netflix yesterday. A thought provoking documentary about families whose child turned out different from the norm.
It was based on a book one participant in the documentary wrote about being gay and how his parents struggled to accept the fact he wasn't "normal". He than looked at other situations where a child wasn't as parents expected, several with disabilities like autism and down syndrome.

Songbird76

I hope he calls soon.
I think I'm just going to shower and take the phone into the bathroom so I can answer it if it rings. His classroom teacher told me what happened and the incident was in the "work ahead lab", and I asked if the teacher for that would be calling and she asked if I would like her to, and I said yes please. So I'm assuming she will call this afternoon, but I thought she would have already called...maybe she didn't feel like there was much to tell. DS said the teacher wasn't in the room when the kids were making fun of him, and she came in when he was shouting at them, so maybe she only caught the tail end. He did say the teacher was able to calm him down and fix the problem....I just want to hear from her what happened because sometimes it's hard to understand what DS says or he doesn't understand why someone else did something and can't explain everything.
But this is the first time in months that he's blown up...I want to know what happened. He's really had problems with this "work ahead lab". It's supposed to be an extra challenge for kids who need a bit more than the regular classroom curriculum. But they work in groups and the first time he got really upset because there were 9 kids and they were supposed to be in groups of three. He was chosen to be a team captain, but instead of taking turns choosing, they asked the one kid who he wanted in his group...he picked 2 people, then they asked the other kid who he'd like.....so he picked two people, and DS didn't get to choose anyone, he just had to take who was left. And his friends had already been chosen, so he's working with kids who aren't his friends, and they admitted to leaving him out, and then the teacher asked him why he wasn't working and he felt like he was getting in trouble when they wouldn't let him help and wouldn't listen to his ideas. He's hating it and I'd like to understand the dynamic better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom