The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

12in12

My mum has already divided the few nice things she has. The rule is that if you gave it to her as a present you get it back. My sister,who does the most for my mum, gets the art deco mirror that we all wanted. Seems fair to me. Any money that's left over, which won't be much, goes to me to plan a fun family day out or as a start for a family holiday.
When I die everything goes to my sister, I had to write a will awhile ago and kept it simple.

Songbird76

Never underestimate the value of sentimental items. My mom and her sister didn't talk at all with each other because they were fighting over who got a fake ruby ring. A piece of costume jewelry worth literally nothing.
Well, in my case, that was no issue....my brother had no sentimental attachment to anything. He only wanted the things he could pawn for cash. I wanted the sentimental things. I didn't pay much attention to dollar amounts except on the car, and my brother almost certainly got more than half the monetary value, because I took the things that weren't worth money, but had memories attached and let him have the recliner and the silver and the crystal and the china. I took the handmade doilies. The one thing I wanted was the piano, and there was no way he could argue his way through that one because I was the one who is the musician and who took lessons and at the time, he didn't think he'd ever have kids, so he couldn't say he wanted his future kids to take lessons. So that was the one big item I got. It depends on what the 2 people value...fortunately my brother and I put value on very different things.

21stamps

Sorry that I just keep popping in to vent or share (eventually I’ll be able to catch up on reading more here!).. but I’m going to do it again-

This weekend’s schedule-

Friday, light day- 1 hour of volleyball practice.

Saturday- Soccer game 7:15 am.
Baseball game 2pm
Soccer game 6pm
Volleyball Game 6pm (skipping this one, obviously)

Sunday - Soccer Game 11am
Soccer game 1:30pm
Possible soccer game at 6pm (if we make the tourney finals)

All of the emails regarding volleyball signups, all said that games would be Sunday evenings. NOPE.
They had their double header last Saturday, won both games. T loved it!! Another parent took a video for me—thankfully! T had this one gorgeous serve that made the whole crowd go “oooooo” 😂😂. Hoping that continues! So sad that he has to miss this weekend’s game.

I still don’t have a baseball schedule!! Only know time for this Saturday’s game. I’m obsessively checking my email.. I still don’t know how many conflicts we’ll have!! 😡

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Never underestimate the value of sentimental items. My mom and her sister didn't talk at all with each other because they were fighting over who got a fake ruby ring. A piece of costume jewelry worth literally nothing.
Part of the thing is that I am the only one that knows what the assessed value is. All they have ever heard is how I paid $50. for it and that the owner of the jewelry store used to show up ever Saturday morning to collect my $1.00 toward the sale price. You don't hardly hear about anything like that happening anymore. I think that both of them have attached some type of sentimental value to it, but, I don't think that they have thought about what it's value on the market is at this point. Again, by one of them saying that they wanted my wedding ring instead of the Ruby, there shouldn't be much in the line of a fight. But, who knows. I know at that point I will not care.

Figgy1

Sorry that I just keep popping in to vent or share (eventually I’ll be able to catch up on reading more here!).. but I’m going to do it again-

This weekend’s schedule-

Friday, light day- 1 hour of volleyball practice.

Saturday- Soccer game 7:15 am.
Baseball game 2pm
Soccer game 6pm
Volleyball Game 6pm (skipping this one, obviously)

Sunday - Soccer Game 11am
Soccer game 1:30pm
Possible soccer game at 6pm (if we make the tourney finals)

All of the emails regarding volleyball signups, all said that games would be Sunday evenings. NOPE.
They had their double header last Saturday, won both games. T loved it!! Another parent took a video for me—thankfully! T had this one gorgeous serve that made the whole crowd go “oooooo” 😂😂. Hoping that continues! So sad that he has to miss this weekend’s game.

I still don’t have a baseball schedule!! Only know time for this Saturday’s game. I’m obsessively checking my email.. I still don’t know how many conflicts we’ll have!! 😡
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!! Sending {{HUGS}} and coffee

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom