The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

I'm actually thinking in expanding my knowledge towards Human Resources and Management.

Funny because I already have knowledge in:

1. Cooking (I have diplomas of french cuisine and worked in restaurants)
  2. Drawing and Graphic Design ( I used to draw for hire and I still do graphic design/website design, I just didnt finish my bachelors because I was very disappointed in the University's teachers )
  3. Photography and General Video
  4. IT Heldesk and Networking (my main career, full 4 year bachelor)
I know there are online companies that hire freelancers. My dh used a company for his office logo. It is called Design Crowd.

MySmallWorldof4

Not very recommended, since they want to pay the minimum and sometimes they dont even want to pay at all. Aka they come with the famous american made BS excuse of " we will pay you with exposure" (aka they want everything free). Graphic Design is probably of the worst paid jobs I've ever seen.
Oops. Should have read this response first. I know someone who does graphic design for a local university near my home and I think she does ok. She is an employee and not freelance.

donaldtoo

I see you have Tiger Woods in your area this week doing his best to screw up traffic. Didn't you say that you drive right by the course?

Indeed!!! :mad:;)

And yes, the last pic in my post shows some of the tents on the course by Lake Austin as I was drivin' onto the bridge during my commute home yesterday evenin'...

And, this is the best shot I could get from the bridge on my way in this mornin’...!!! :)

Goofyernmost

Hopefully they will work through it. You're right to stay out of it, though.

My dad and my uncle had a falling out several years ago. They haven't spoken since 2016 at their father's funeral.

My grandma, in all her wisdom, put both of them down as executors of the estate. I know her intent, which is to get them to work together. The problem is that my father is an attorney and will insist on doing everything his way (which frankly, in this case, his way would be the right way) while my uncle, who is a stubborn mule, will insist on doing everything his way.

At some point, I'm going to have to sit down with my grandma and talk to her about it (for some reason, I'm the only family member she listens to, and so I get sent to have the hard conversations with her). My opinion is she should have me do it so she doesn't have to pick between her sons and since I'm in MD and my cousins (except the one who she doesn't like) are in SC. Or she should pick one or the other.
Both of my girls are listed as executors and I probably have the shortest will ever written. Everything I have is to be split down the middle. It couldn't be simpler and I am confident that no matter what they feel about each other, they still care about me and will follow my wishes. I do have a few material things, like furniture, TV's, etc. that can't be "split down the middle", but, not all that much. The small things, I don't remember them ever saying that they want. I have a Ruby ring that I bought for $50.00 when I was 12. That was valued about 10 years ago for almost $3000., They both wanted that, but, they obviously can't split the ring. Then one of my daughters came to me and asked if I still had my wedding ring, which I did, and asked if instead of the Ruby could she have that. Seemed kind of odd, but, since I was no longer married and the reason for my having it had passed, I gave it to her right then. I think they will still fight over the Ruby though. :D However, I won't be around to hear it anyway. 👍

donaldtoo

This year, 2019, I will turn 71. My baby girls will be 45 and 43 years old, My grandchildren will be 8, 17, 18 and 19. My wife has passed, My parents, all my Aunts and Uncles along with a number of my cousins are gone and even my baby sister will be 63. And all that happened in what seems like a heartbeat. Heck, my first addictive visit to WDW was 36 short years ago. You can't get time back make sure that you make the most of it while you still can. Good and bad things that happen during that time all go into the recipe of what makes us what we are. They all played an important roll. Don't miss any of it.

Obviously, you know you're preachin' to the choir on this one in my case...!!!!! :happy:;):)
2 nights ago I pulled out mine and DWifeys wedding video and all 3 of our kiddos birth/first days of life videos (none of the actual births of course, but, directly thereafter ;) - all have since been converted to DVDs) to watch the first 10 minutes or so of each and got all misty because I'm just that sappy reliving/remembering it all...!!!!! :inlove::happy:
Don't blink and soak it all in with your loved ones, because it does indeed fly by before ya' know it...!!!!! :happy:

donaldtoo

Woof!!!!!!!
That queso is sooooo darn YUM-O-RAMA, but, will ignite your afterburners, and hang around for awhile...!!!!!!! :hungry:o_Oo_Oo_O:hilarious:;):hilarious:

See the source image

donaldtoo

Well, I've butted heads with a couple of people on here, but as I said, that's inevitable. There's no such thing as a perfect environment. And as Dumbledore said
“Really Hagrid, if you are holding out for universal popularity, I'm afraid you will be in this cabin for a very long time”. I used to think I had to have other people's approval to be ok. My mom demanded that everything had to be her way, and I was used to quashing my own feelings to keep out of trouble and make everyone else happy...my role was to be the peacekeeper. Now that I'm older, I'm done with that. People don't have to like me, and I have just as much right to an opinion or my feelings as anyone else has, so inevitably, some people are going to disagree with me and not like me. If people talk about me, I'd rather not know about it because I can't change how they feel about me unless I change who I am, which I refuse to do now. And if I can't change it, what good would it do to know about it?

Your post reminds me of a favorite quote of mine...

“I cannot give you the formula for success, but, I can give you the formula for failure - which is: try to please everybody.” ~ Herbert Bayard Swope

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom