The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Currently, my daughters are having a mini-feud between them. It would seem that they should be to old for sibling rivalry, but, it is there. I was also the peacekeeper for years. They ended up angry with their Mother and I tried, unsuccessfully, to get them to try and understand her mental illness, but, to much water had run under that bridge to stop the flow. It frustrated me, but, I had no choice but to accept it, but, I was, and in a way, still am upset by it. Now, even though I am sure that the current problem is minor and will eventually pass (I hope) they are still civil to each other and we can have family gatherings where no one would ever know that there was a problem at all. The difference this time is that I have stayed out of it. The last thing I want to be perceived of doing is favoring one child over the other. One is easier to get along with then the other, but, I still love them both equally in spite of relating to one better. I guess we are a family of good actors, but, since life is short there is no reason to add fuel to any fire. I am confident that they will eventually learn the value of having a close family. Neither of them are bad people just headstrong which I guess they got from me.
I'm sorry they aren't getting along very well...that must put you in a very difficult position. But it is so good that you don't want to play favorites or take sides. My mom always always always took my brother's side, and he milked it, so there's resentment there on my part, but when we get together, I try not to let it show. I think, for the most part, I'm successful in that. My DH knows all the issues, and shares my feelings. My brother is a good manipulator, and a lot of people don't see through him for a long time. I didn't think there was anyone who DID see through him. When my mom passed, a neighbor of hers told me that my mom was blinded when it came to him....she saw what she wanted to see. Then after my dad died, a few other people, mostly classmates of ours, told me he had taken advantage of them in some way, and they kept him at a distance now. On the one hand, I'm sorry that he did that to more people than just me, on the other hand I'm glad that someone besides me sees through him. I always have to grit my teeth and bite my tongue when someone starts telling me how amazing he is and how he's just the greatest. But I guess he just learned that he could get away with things because he always had. I resent my mom always siding with him...anything good was always attributed to him, and anything bad was on me. Better for you not to get involved in the disagreements between your girls. I'm sure someday they will appreciate that you didn't take sides. They will have only good memories of you being there for them, not of the times you took the other one's side.

StarWarsGirl

Currently, my daughters are having a mini-feud between them. It would seem that they should be to old for sibling rivalry, but, it is there. I was also the peacekeeper for years. They ended up angry with their Mother and I tried, unsuccessfully, to get them to try and understand her mental illness, but, to much water had run under that bridge to stop the flow. It frustrated me, but, I had no choice but to accept it, but, I was, and in a way, still am upset by it. Now, even though I am sure that the current problem is minor and will eventually pass (I hope) they are still civil to each other and we can have family gatherings where no one would ever know that there was a problem at all. The difference this time is that I have stayed out of it. The last thing I want to be perceived of doing is favoring one child over the other. One is easier to get along with then the other, but, I still love them both equally in spite of relating to one better. I guess we are a family of good actors, but, since life is short there is no reason to add fuel to any fire. I am confident that they will eventually learn the value of having a close family. Neither of them are bad people just headstrong which I guess they got from me.
Hopefully they will work through it. You're right to stay out of it, though.

My dad and my uncle had a falling out several years ago. They haven't spoken since 2016 at their father's funeral.

My grandma, in all her wisdom, put both of them down as executors of the estate. I know her intent, which is to get them to work together. The problem is that my father is an attorney and will insist on doing everything his way (which frankly, in this case, his way would be the right way) while my uncle, who is a stubborn mule, will insist on doing everything his way.

At some point, I'm going to have to sit down with my grandma and talk to her about it (for some reason, I'm the only family member she listens to, and so I get sent to have the hard conversations with her). My opinion is she should have me do it so she doesn't have to pick between her sons and since I'm in MD and my cousins (except the one who she doesn't like) are in SC. Or she should pick one or the other.

Cesar R M

Ah, but you would only need the masters if you wanted to teach. You don't even need a degree to work in the IT department of some Universities. My brother worked in IT for years before switching over to HR. He started off just working in the computer labs when he was a student, then moved up the chain, but he never had a single class in that kind of stuff as far as I know. It was just his knowledge and willingness to learn. As an immigrant, that might be different, but you also have way more experience than he did, so you have that going for you.
Oh I mean Masters as in advancing my knowledge in IT, not exactly yo teach. There are some ranks and positions that require either a ton of certifications or a Masters or even a Doctorate.

Cesar R M

I'm sorry DCL wasn't interested, have you considered adding something completely different to your resume? Almost all places of work need trained first aid responders and having this on your CV makes you stand out. Getting certified is fairly easy and affordable.
I'm actually thinking in expanding my knowledge towards Human Resources and Management.

Funny because I already have knowledge in:

1. Cooking (I have diplomas of french cuisine and worked in restaurants)
  2. Drawing and Graphic Design ( I used to draw for hire and I still do graphic design/website design, I just didnt finish my bachelors because I was very disappointed in the University's teachers )
  3. Photography and General Video
  4. IT Heldesk and Networking (my main career, full 4 year bachelor)

93boomer

Premium Member
I'm actually thinking in expanding my knowledge towards Human Resources and Management.

Funny because I already have knowledge in:

1. Cooking (I have diplomas of french cuisine and worked in restaurants)
  2. Drawing and Graphic Design ( I used to draw for hire and I still do graphic design/website design, I just didnt finish my bachelors because I was very disappointed in the University's teachers )
  3. Photography and General Video
  4. IT Heldesk and Networking (my main career, full 4 year bachelor)
Could you do some freelance work as a graphic designer? I know that companies all the time want their designs but don't want to hire a full-time graphic designer.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Funny story....I work in a warehouse for an online children's clothing store. A year or 2 ago, they decided to make their own brand and sell clothing. They asked for suggestions about names, and our company logo is a monkey. I sent in several names, but none of them were chosen. But they chose an English name, and I really wish they had run it by the only native English speaker in the company before actually naming it, because it's actually borderline obscene. I don't want to put the name here, because I'm afraid it might not be appropriate. But it references the logo, but it sounds more like a slang word for the male anatomy. And of course, they have no idea, because they never asked.
Yep. Why do companies not look for a second set of eyes?

This site has a Filter from England. It might not kick your company name out with USA filters but I’ve yet to after all these years grasp this filter. If your brain doesn’t go there I understand why they picked that name and logo.

Like the filter of chicken b reast
Here.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Yep. Why do companies not look for a second set of eyes?

This site has a Filter from England. It might not kick your company name out with USA filters but I’ve yet to after all these years grasp this filter. If your brain doesn’t go there I understand why they picked that name and logo.

Like the filter of chicken b reast
Here.
After extensive googling i am still getting a blank.

Cesar R M

Could you do some freelance work as a graphic designer? I know that companies all the time want their designs but don't want to hire a full-time graphic designer.
Not very recommended, since they want to pay the minimum and sometimes they dont even want to pay at all. Aka they come with the famous american made BS excuse of " we will pay you with exposure" (aka they want everything free). Graphic Design is probably of the worst paid jobs I've ever seen.

93boomer

Premium Member
Not very recommended, since they want to pay the minimum and sometimes they dont even want to pay at all. Aka they come with the famous american made BS excuse of " we will pay you with exposure" (aka they want everything free). Graphic Design is probably of the worst paid jobs I've ever seen.
Sorry. Just throwing that idea out there. Had no idea they were badly paid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom