The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

You are too nice. And the comments I’ve read all over the site and here are slightly off from the reality of the analysis of posts. It is one thread of pages and pages of different threads and analysis is it often goes dormant. Today’s topic on a whole is tacos. There was is a Surge of new contributors and some of which are not finding what they believed the lounge be the case.

It has never been similar to the daily tweet fests that are on the real news all the time. Thinking that’s where the train derailed comparing it to real nutty tweets that fill our real life news cycles. It doesn’t happen and you can see the disappointment in a few of the new ones looking for the hate posting desiring that myth. They are not going to find it Me I missed it all. It was hard for me to figure out what really happened vs the funny fiction of those who knew even less than I did. Every time the story became bigger and bolder as another would say this is the story hahaha. So I would not worry if I were you about spoken of. Your not the type to go off the rails in your posting style on any topics or members on the threads.
Well, I've butted heads with a couple of people on here, but as I said, that's inevitable. There's no such thing as a perfect environment. And as Dumbledore said
“Really Hagrid, if you are holding out for universal popularity, I'm afraid you will be in this cabin for a very long time”. I used to think I had to have other people's approval to be ok. My mom demanded that everything had to be her way, and I was used to quashing my own feelings to keep out of trouble and make everyone else happy...my role was to be the peacekeeper. Now that I'm older, I'm done with that. People don't have to like me, and I have just as much right to an opinion or my feelings as anyone else has, so inevitably, some people are going to disagree with me and not like me. If people talk about me, I'd rather not know about it because I can't change how they feel about me unless I change who I am, which I refuse to do now. And if I can't change it, what good would it do to know about it?

Goofyernmost

Indian paintbrush and bluebonnets along the main highway roadside for my commute...!!! :inlove::)

View attachment 359477View attachment 359479

The Dell Technologies Match Play golf tournament kicks off here tomorrow, and Tiger Woods is playin’ in it this year...so, ticket sales have gone through the roof, and that will make for an even more hellish commute than usual this year...!!!!! :hilarious:

View attachment 359482

At least I’ll have the wildflowers to keep me company in the stop-and-go traffic...!!! :inlove:;):)
I see you have Tiger Woods in your area this week doing his best to screw up traffic. Didn't you say that you drive right by the course?

Songbird76

eh, thats a whole different animal. getting a masters would mean a full blown university course in a different state and or city. Since all universities close to me do not have anything tech wise in their Masters.
Ah, but you would only need the masters if you wanted to teach. You don't even need a degree to work in the IT department of some Universities. My brother worked in IT for years before switching over to HR. He started off just working in the computer labs when he was a student, then moved up the chain, but he never had a single class in that kind of stuff as far as I know. It was just his knowledge and willingness to learn. As an immigrant, that might be different, but you also have way more experience than he did, so you have that going for you.

Goofyernmost

eh, thats a whole different animal. getting a masters would mean a full blown university course in a different state and or city. Since all universities close to me do not have anything tech wise in their Masters.
My daughter's one semester away from her Masters online from East Carolina University. Just as good as sitting in a classroom. Just takes a while longer. Have you checked out any online possibilities?

Songbird76

It's still wayyyyyyy to cold for me but I got the best night's sleep since the cold weather set in. Spring may finally be moving in:joyfull:
It's absolutely gorgeous today.....53 degrees and sunny! Of course, it's today, when I didn't have to bike all the way across town to pick up DS from school because he had a dentist appointment. But we did ride our bikes there...but it's not even half as far...we could have used this nice weather Monday...we ended up having to walk our bikes the last 3rd of the way home because we were biking into the wind and it almost blew DS over and he was pedaling and not going anywhere. So now, the nicest day is the day we don't have to go far. :rolleyes:
He has been complaining about pain in his mouth on the bottom front, and we tried to get an appointment outside of school hours, but couldn't, and Wednesdays are half days, so we just took him to the dentist instead of going to school today. (With permission, of course). It turns out he has a canker sore. So I'm glad we went and found out it's nothing serious, but why did the weather have to be nice on the ONE day I didn't necessarily need it to be??

Goofyernmost

Thanks, a beautiful lil’ dress indeed...!!!!! :inlove::happy:
Hahaaa...!!!!! :hilarious:
Yep, takin’ my own usual advice and tryin’ not to blink...!!! ;)
Emy will be 6 mos. old already on April 4th, and the kiddos 5th wedding anniversary is the next day on the 5th...!!! :)
They’ll be takin’ a few days to head down to Galveston for Emy’s first beach visit to celebrate both...!!! :)

And, now that I’m a bit misty, I must insert this favorite that I have a few times before...!!! ;)

This year, 2019, I will turn 71. My baby girls will be 45 and 43 years old, My grandchildren will be 8, 17, 18 and 19. My wife has passed, My parents, all my Aunts and Uncles along with a number of my cousins are gone and even my baby sister will be 63. And all that happened in what seems like a heartbeat. Heck, my first addictive visit to WDW was 36 short years ago. You can't get time back make sure that you make the most of it while you still can. Good and bad things that happen during that time all go into the recipe of what makes us what we are. They all played an important roll. Don't miss any of it.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Well, I've butted heads with a couple of people on here, but as I said, that's inevitable. There's no such thing as a perfect environment. And as Dumbledore said
“Really Hagrid, if you are holding out for universal popularity, I'm afraid you will be in this cabin for a very long time”. I used to think I had to have other people's approval to be ok. My mom demanded that everything had to be her way, and I was used to quashing my own feelings to keep out of trouble and make everyone else happy...my role was to be the peacekeeper. Now that I'm older, I'm done with that. People don't have to like me, and I have just as much right to an opinion or my feelings as anyone else has, so inevitably, some people are going to disagree with me and not like me. If people talk about me, I'd rather not know about it because I can't change how they feel about me unless I change who I am, which I refuse to do now. And if I can't change it, what good would it do to know about it?
Currently, my daughters are having a mini-feud between them. It would seem that they should be to old for sibling rivalry, but, it is there. I was also the peacekeeper for years. They ended up angry with their Mother and I tried, unsuccessfully, to get them to try and understand her mental illness, but, to much water had run under that bridge to stop the flow. It frustrated me, but, I had no choice but to accept it, but, I was, and in a way, still am upset by it. Now, even though I am sure that the current problem is minor and will eventually pass (I hope) they are still civil to each other and we can have family gatherings where no one would ever know that there was a problem at all. The difference this time is that I have stayed out of it. The last thing I want is to be perceived of doing is favoring one child over the other. One is easier to get along with then the other, but, I still love them both equally in spite of relating to one better. I guess we are a family of good actors, but, since life is short there is no reason to add fuel to any fire. I am confident that they will eventually learn the value of having a close family. Neither of them are bad people just headstrong which I guess they got from me.

Last edited:

12in12

PS, I knew I had little chance. Since DCL is a small company, they always tend to rotate their own experienced staff constantly. Even with my extensive experience. It means nothing if your opponents have 2+ years of sea legs plus extensive experience in cruises.

edit
I found that almost every single job now seems to have this "chicken or egg" issue.
To get the job.. they ask for experience.. to get experience.. you have to get THAT job. :rolleyes:

so new goals.. I'm going to fish for all certificates I an get in terms of knowledge of I.T. in the next months and see how it pushes me forward.
I swear I miss the days where you could prove with YOUR hardwork and via recommendations that you can do something. Now you have to pay to have a third person say that you're "good enough" to have a paper (aka it became a business).
I'm sorry DCL wasn't interested, have you considered adding something completely different to your resume? Almost all places of work need trained first aid responders and having this on your CV makes you stand out. Getting certified is fairly easy and affordable.

12in12

Funny story....I work in a warehouse for an online children's clothing store. A year or 2 ago, they decided to make their own brand and sell clothing. They asked for suggestions about names, and our company logo is a monkey. I sent in several names, but none of them were chosen. But they chose an English name, and I really wish they had run it by the only native English speaker in the company before actually naming it, because it's actually borderline obscene. I don't want to put the name here, because I'm afraid it might not be appropriate. But it references the logo, but it sounds more like a slang word for the male anatomy. And of course, they have no idea, because they never asked.
Now I really want to know which company you work for...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom