The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

How lucky! I always get sat next to a screaming child haha
I can't say I've ever been next to a kid on a flight minus my brother. I preboard Southwest flights because of a peanut allergy and wipe down my seating area, so I always end up with a window seat. Usually I end up with other women next to me. I guess due to the horror stories we hear about women being sexually harassed on airplanes, they see another woman and think, "Yup, I'm gonna grab that seat."

For two of my flights, I picked a window seat in a row with only two seats, mostly so that I only have to crawl over one person to go to the bathroom, but also hoping I just get both seats to myself. Also hoping that if I end up seated next to someone, it's another woman. Especially since the flight there is 10+ hours and I'm flying overnight home, so I'll need sleep.

NateD1226

I can't say I've ever been next to a kid on a flight minus my brother. I preboard Southwest flights because of a peanut allergy and wipe down my seating area, so I always end up with a window seat. Usually I end up with other women next to me. I guess due to the horror stories we hear about women being sexually harassed on airplanes, they see another woman and think, "Yup, I'm gonna grab that seat."

For two of my flights, I picked a window seat in a row with only two seats, mostly so that I only have to crawl over one person to go to the bathroom, but also hoping I just get both seats to myself. Also hoping that if I end up seated next to someone, it's another woman. Especially since the flight there is 10+ hours and I'm flying overnight home, so I'll need sleep.
Yeah, I am hoping for the best! 🤞🏼 I know the flight will be 8+ hours, but there is fun on the other side haha

StarWarsGirl

Have you seen Aladdin? I was considering that too, but I wasn’t sure if it was too similar to the old DCA one.
It's evidently very much like the old DCA one. I'm seeing that one this fall so I can't help you out there. But the Lion King is nothing like any of the Disney parks shows.

I've seen Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, and Mary Poppins. Beauty and the Beast isn't on Broadway anymore, and Mary Poppins was fine, but the Lion King is amazing. Frozen I really want to see, but I've watched videos of it online and know the soundtrack...you can't go wrong with that one.

NateD1226

It's evidently very much like the old DCA one. I'm seeing that one this fall so I can't help you out there. But the Lion King is nothing like any of the Disney parks shows.

I've seen Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, and Mary Poppins. Beauty and the Beast isn't on Broadway anymore, and Mary Poppins was fine, but the Lion King is amazing. Frozen I really want to see, but I've watched videos of it online and know the soundtrack...you can't go wrong with that one.
I want to see Frozen too! I keep hearing great reviews. I loved the Aladdin at DCA and was sad to see it go, but I feel they should’ve changed some things. I will try to get Frozen, but it all depends on my schedule.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm kind of torn. I'm afraid of heights, so the gondolas kind of terrify me, but on the other hand, I'm enclosed and I have no problem with the monorail or anything. So I think as long as the gondolas don't get stuck, I'll be fine, and I really do want to have the extra transportation option. I was disappointed that they said they wouldn't open until fall because I was hoping they'd be opening in time for our trip, and they are already doing test runs, so it's got to be close to completion.
I don't care about Star Wars, though my husband thinks everything looks cool and he does want to do Tron when it opens, too, so we WILL eventually have to go do the Star Wars stuff, but I planned this trip specifically to avoid the masses of people when it first opens. But I hope you are right about the skyliner.

I'm in the mode of what happens happens. One of our best trips ever was with Hurricane Irma if anything at all could be good about a Hurricane. Irma made me put my feet up in the atrium of the Wilderness Lodge and relax for 2 days, actually day 2 was spent on this site after Irma had left, we shared photos of all of our resorts, got news about Orlando and effected areas, curfews and all that. The crowds were lower than in my life span for 3 days before and after Irma so we quickly made up being down 2 days but it did make me enjoy the restaurants and facilities of the Lodge that I likely would never have done that trip.

Since my 30's I developed a slight fear of heights, not like airplanes more looking over and down railings and such. I'm fine with the monorail too. But I am also claustrophobic too. I'm fine in and elevator or closet etc however if that elevator stop and not move,
well YIKES

StarWarsGirl

Sadly... Whoever created timezones must be crazy haha
Oh, I like it going East to West. It's very easy to adjust.

West to East on the other hand...surprisingly, I didn't have too much of a problem with jet lag the last time. I think maybe it was because it was winter and it got dark by 6. Except for that one night when everyone was asleep except for me...wide awake at 1 am.

NateD1226

Oh, I like it going East to West. It's very easy to adjust.

West to East on the other hand...surprisingly, I didn't have too much of a problem with jet lag the last time. I think maybe it was because it was winter and it got dark by 6. Except for that one night when everyone was asleep except for me...wide awake at 1 am.
That’s what i’m afraid of. That sounds dumb but like I want to be energized for the next day. Did I mention I’m going to Boston and Washington DC as well? For those days I want to be fully energized since I will be there less then NYC.

Gabe1

DH says there's no reason for me to buy Vera Bradley:brb::banghead::eek::cautious:
I think liking it is a reason. Everyone has things they don't necessarily need, but love anyway. I'm sure he has something similar....how about grilling tools? People can get by with basics, but they get the more expensive things because they love them or they are handy. Just because someone else doesn't use a particular thing doesn't mean it's useless.

StarWarsGirl

That’s what i’m afraid of. That sounds dumb but like I want to be energized for the next day. Did I mention I’m going to Boston and Washington DC as well? For those days I want to be fully energized since I will be there less then NYC.
A few nights before you leave, adjust your bedtime and start going a bit earlier and make yourself wake up a bit earlier. Make yourself stay awake on the plane or only take short naps. Don't drink anything with caffeine.

When you get here, make yourself get up at a decent hour (nine should be good) and then just plan day 1 to be slower. Then you should be energized.

I should clarify, my last time west I went straight to WDW. I took the first day easy, but then was pretty much back on East coast time, except for that one night a few days in. When there's stuff to do and see, you'll get up, and your body adjusts with the light changes.

Gabe1

Spring forward they said...it'll be lighter at night they said... well I prefer for it to be light in the morning!

Got Beef Barley soup in the crockpot for later today and laundry is going.

I'm often up in the Morning early but I am Sooooo not a morning person. I prefer to have the evenings be longer. I love taking walks on the Riverwalk in the evening Wouldn't walk in the woods after dark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom