The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That brand and flavor is the only one I buy. They can't keep it on the shelves. Goes out as fast as they get it in.

The ingredients look healthy, so it's a good purchase. I don't buy any particular brand, but look for the ones that don't add sugar, for example. A few times a year I might make my own, because it's easy. I just need to be around for hours while it simmers.

21stamps

Drop 2, keep 1. (I'm sure he will have homework as well, so he'll be plenty busy for a school night.) Just my 2 cents here. ;)

He’s going to do volleyball from 6-6:45, then change in car on the way to baseball.
I don’t think we can do a half hour of GK training as he wants to do.

We still don’t know what days volleyball will have practices or games. Tomorrow is a special practice because our school gym is being used for the play all week. I’ve already emailed his coach and let him know that we would never be able to make a Monday or Wednesday evening game or practice. Why? Because we have baseball and soccer on the exact same days and times, are will already be rotating between those two.

Realistically we could be running all over the Greater Cincy area.. and my kid could sit on the bench every game because he’s missing so many practices. (He will be doing extra training in baseball and soccer to make up for the missed team practices, on Tuesdays and Thursdays respectively, but I don’t know if the coaches will factor that in.)

He knows that homework and studying has to be done directly after school.

This entire Spring is going to be a nightmare.

Last edited:

21stamps

Only good news is that most of the volleyball boys are in multiple sports, including the coaches’ sons. They sound understanding about conflicts. We have 4 teams, so I’m assuming almost every 3rd and 4th grade boy is playing.

This kills me though- “we don’t know the schedule, but the games start next weekend” 🤨 We can’t plan anything! This email just came yesterday.. definitely starts ‘quickly’

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Are you going to Aulani or just a regular trip to Hawaii?
Both. :)

Hilton Hawaiian for a few days and then to Aulani.

My family is going, and my dad bought into Aulani. I've actually been before, in 2012, 2013. and 2015, so it's been four years and I might not have another opportunity for a while.

I did what I said I wasn't going to and booked United. Southwest did what I needed them to do (airfare war) but since I'm flying by myself, I decided to do the nonstop United Flight from DC to Honolulu. Plus it lands at 1 pm Hawaiian time. And then flying back, I can do a stop in Denver (I've been to that airport before) and then back to Baltimore, and my one uncle can take me and pick me up.

NateD1226

My family is going, and my dad bought into Aulani. I've actually been before, in 2012, 2013. and 2015, so it's been four years and I might not have another opportunity for a while.

I did what I said I wasn't going to and booked United. Southwest did what I needed them to do (airfare war) but since I'm flying by myself, I decided to do the nonstop United Flight from DC to Honolulu. Plus it lands at 1 pm Hawaiian time. And then flying back, I can do a stop in Denver (I've been to that airport before) and then back to Baltimore, and my one uncle can take me and pick me up.
Sounds like it’s going to be a fun trip! I have never been to Aulani but I want to go sometime! Maybe in a couple of years. Right now my focus is is NY trip in a couple of weeks.

I hate flying Southwest. They always overbook and people end up without seats (speaking with experience 🙄) I can do JetBlue even though the prices are on the high side.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Sounds like it’s going to be a fun trip! I have never been to Aulani but I want to go sometime! Maybe in a couple of years. Right now my focus is is NY trip in a couple of weeks.

I hate flying Southwest. They always overbook and people end up without seats (speaking with experience 🙄) I can do JetBlue even though the prices are on the high side.
NYC is next on my bucket list. It's only a few hours away from here, so I want to do a long weekend at some point.

BWI is Southwest's second largest hub. It's the number 1 airline out of the airport and just about always cheapest. Unless I'm going to Hawaii, I usually don't even consider another airline. The only problem I've ever had with them was last Disney trip. Our flight was cancelled that morning. It was literally the only flight from Orlando to Baltimore on SW to be cancelled. Thankfully, we just rebooked online.

I once had a flight from San Diego to Orlando on SW where I had the entire row to myself.

Rista1313

Best of luck with United!

donaldtoo

Busy weekend with family, yard work, helpin’ mom and pop with some stuff around their place, etc....!!!!! :happy::)
Hope you all had a great weekend...!!! :)
Just been chillin’ this evenin’/tonight, and watchin’ TCM...first, “The Long, Long Trailer” starring Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz from 1954, and now, “Top o’ the Morning” starring Bing Crosby and Ann Blyth from 1949...!!! :)

SteveBrickNJ

How lucky! I always get sat next to a screaming child haha
When I was a single young man I took a flight out of NYC to Ireland. As good fortune would have it the airline put a single Dubliner girl in the seat next to me. I had to force myself to act indifferent. I knew we had a 6 hour flight ahead of us so I just had to play it cool.

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

When I was a single young man I took a flight out of NYC to Ireland. As good fortune would have the airline put a single Dubliner girl in the seat next to me. I had to force myself to act indifferent. I knew we had a 6 hour flight ahead of us so I just had to play it cool.
Well by the time we landed in Shannon Ireland she had decided I was an ok guy. She gave me her phone number so when I was done with the Irish west coast and made it over to Dublin I could call her and we'd go out.

SteveBrickNJ

Well by the time we landed in Shannon Ireland she had decided I was an ok guy. She gave me her phone number so when I was done with the Irish west coast and made it over to Dublin I could call her and we'd go out.
We saw a play together and the setting of the play was Brooklyn. She was so interested in my opinion of how her Irish actors were doing with their Brooklyn accents. Oh, her job was to design costumes for the actors.

SteveBrickNJ

We saw a play together and the setting of the play was Brooklyn. She was so interested in my opinion of how her Irish actors were doing with their Brooklyn accents. Oh, her job was to design costumes for the actors.
We went out another night to see a female singer with a haunting voice. Sinead Lohan was the singer. Not Sinead O'Connor. I hope this was not too boring. It's a fun memory for me😎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom