The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That is the coolest ceiling I have ever seen!

The ceiling is so fun! The TANGLED themed ceiling. Choices. ;)

And woot! someone can see the photo! Thanks for that.

200w.webp

Songbird76

Iger had said prior to SW so fingers crossed. My son laughs at me. I’m looking forward to riding the Gondolas but not StarWars lol.
I'm kind of torn. I'm afraid of heights, so the gondolas kind of terrify me, but on the other hand, I'm enclosed and I have no problem with the monorail or anything. So I think as long as the gondolas don't get stuck, I'll be fine, and I really do want to have the extra transportation option. I was disappointed that they said they wouldn't open until fall because I was hoping they'd be opening in time for our trip, and they are already doing test runs, so it's got to be close to completion.
I don't care about Star Wars, though my husband thinks everything looks cool and he does want to do Tron when it opens, too, so we WILL eventually have to go do the Star Wars stuff, but I planned this trip specifically to avoid the masses of people when it first opens. But I hope you are right about the skyliner.

Songbird76

Last edited:

Songbird76

I will see SW land someday. I need a frame of reference to know what is out there. Nothing against the new land, the more the merrier. I just have never liked Star Wars so my excitement level has been meh on the excitement meter. I'm just in the Noooooo! mode for opening half early given the projected crowds. I looked at the crowd calendar for that week and the Studios went from being the best park to attend crowd wise to Fire Engine Red stay away warnings.
Yep, that's where I am, too.....I don't really care about Star Wars. DH and DS like the movies, but they aren't fanatics and DS gets scared easily and wouldn't go on any of the Star Wars rides in DLP, so I don't know if he'll do much in WDW, either. He loved the Jedi Training, and he liked meeting the characters, but rides tend to be too intense for him. So I figured it was fine to avoid it for this trip, but I worry about how the opening will affect crowd levels while we're there. Maybe it will be a good thing for us....maybe people will actually hold out for that week and the parks will be empty while we're there. But it sucks for anyone who thought they were going to be avoiding it by going early. Now I can only hope that this means the gondolas will open while we're there, and that the parks will be dead prior to the actual opening.

FutureCEO

Same here about the giggling about people in California or Florida being all bundled up in parkas when its in the 50s and 60s. For me, 50s is fall jacket rather meaning a very light jacket. If its under 40 I wear a jacket more heavier than the fall Jacket, but its not a parka. What I wear in the 40s to 30s is a I bring out the Parka when its in the 20s or less.

That is the only thing with the giggling. I remembered my parents being at WDW in Early December of 2010 when WDW was having record lows for temperatures. WDW at the time had a streak of night temps as low as the low 30s at night and being maybe in the high 60s if lucky.

I rememberer that a guest at WDW at that asked what is wrong with us for eating a mickey mouse when its in the 30s. The reply was we are from Wisconsin. That guest than answered that explains a lot:hilarious:.

The truth is when a guests asks in Florida about cold treats in the 30s, it shows the difference between Florida and Wisconsin culture.

How did you eat a Mickey Mouse ;)

If randomly, I decide to go to a coffee shop to get a coffee......it's a cold drink. Usually I make coffee at home and its hot.

I remember one type in NYC when it was freezing, I ordered a frozen drink at Starbucks. :) I only have Starbucks on trips and airport days.

12in12

It is raining it is windy and chilly but at least not freezing or snow. Needed to be outside so we drove to the outside outlet mall hoping to beat the rain which happened...until we walked up to the stores. Monsoon.

UMBRELLAs UP ☂

So Disney Shopping it was

A new Disney Backpack from TDS

View attachment 355663

A really soft new hat

View attachment 355664

A new reversible belt from Bass

View attachment 355665
A new Vera Bradley airplane pillow that will slip over the handle of my carry on suitcase

View attachment 355666
View attachment 355668
And new Disney warm weather Under
Armour shoes vs ASICS for colder Disney months.

View attachment 355669
And a new mini wallet with lots of slots from Fossil. It will fit in my shorts pocket which are smaller than jeans. Thinking I might need not to carry a bag into the Studios
For the September trip. Dang StarWars.
View attachment 355667

View attachment 355670

Came back a tiny bit wet. DD soaked, peeling layers off in the car on the pilgrimage home.

I felt better with some albeit wet fresh air.

And I followed @figmentfan423 golden Rule to NEVER PAY RACK Rates

$128 Total. My shoes alone would have cost more rack rate. Simon Outlet Malls are awesome during seasonal clearances. They have quality stores and 70% off many items with an additional 30% off the markdown price. So much cheaper than normal department or box store sales.
You got some wonderful items at bargain prices!

wdwfan4ver

How did you eat a Mickey Mouse ;)

If randomly, I decide to go to a coffee shop to get a coffee......it's a cold drink. Usually I make coffee at home and its hot.

I remember one type in NYC when it was freezing, I ordered a frozen drink at Starbucks. :) I only have Starbucks on trips and airport days.
I just took a bite out of him while holding the ice cream bar stick he was on:):hungry:.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I took yesterday off, no cooking, no cleaning, my phone and computer were off except for checking pinterest and IG for a few nail designs. I was going to go fancy schmancy and wound up deciding on princess pink, light pink with just a hint of sparkle. Well long story short, days off are a bad idea, I have 4 dishes cooking and prep work started before dawn:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: I had some food cooked that should have lasted until tomorrow:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Figgy1

Premium Member
We aleways giggle a little when we see people in California or Florida all bundled up in parkas when it is in the 50’s and 60’s. I guess it is all in what you are used to. We live in Wisconsin so we are used to cold, although our summers can get hot.

For our trip we will just be enjoying Disneyland and DCA. We though about going to a beach one day but I don’t know if we will have time and I can’t find a rate I like on a rental car. We have plans for a Trader Sams cocktail class at DCA, and dessert party for World of Color. I also want to try some brews at Ballast Point. But in general it will just be go with the flow.
I've got mistaken for a local at grocery stores and such down there. Shawl over my shoulders or laying out in the sun on the grass at UNI:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
It is raining it is windy and chilly but at least not freezing or snow. Needed to be outside so we drove to the outside outlet mall hoping to beat the rain which happened...until we walked up to the stores. Monsoon.

UMBRELLAs UP ☂

So Disney Shopping it was

A new Disney Backpack from TDS

View attachment 355663

A really soft new hat

View attachment 355664

A new reversible belt from Bass

View attachment 355665
A new Vera Bradley airplane pillow that will slip over the handle of my carry on suitcase

View attachment 355666
View attachment 355668
And new Disney warm weather Under
Armour shoes vs ASICS for colder Disney months.

View attachment 355669
And a new mini wallet with lots of slots from Fossil. It will fit in my shorts pocket which are smaller than jeans. Thinking I might need not to carry a bag into the Studios
For the September trip. Dang StarWars.
View attachment 355667

View attachment 355670

Came back a tiny bit wet. DD soaked, peeling layers off in the car on the pilgrimage home.

I felt better with some albeit wet fresh air.

And I followed @figmentfan423 golden Rule to NEVER PAY RACK Rates

$128 Total. My shoes alone would have cost more rack rate. Simon Outlet Malls are awesome during seasonal clearances. They have quality stores and 70% off many items with an additional 30% off the markdown price. So much cheaper than normal department or box store sales.
DH says there's no reason for me to buy Vera Bradley:brb::banghead::eek::cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom