The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In other news.. I caught a bug, I have no idea who infected me but I crashed bad today with fever and everything. My mom was feeling down in the weather too so she caught it as well (she had fever yesterday).

I really have NO TIME FOR THIS.
Mere week away from the second interview..

Well, if it's any consolation at all, with the majority of bugs, viruses, etc., you'll usually start feeling a bit better by the 3rd-4th day. Then, healing is quicker beyond that. So maybe by the time the interview comes around, you'll be in far better shape than you are today.

Get as much rest as you can in the interim, and please be sure to drink lots of fluids -- water is best.

Rista1313

This is bringing all sorts of speculation now that it has been clarified that only a small segment is being opened without a timeframe for the balance. Current rumor they were not going to make the year end date so they threw it all in for one attraction to partially launch the new land in bits in pieces vs the entire land as was originally stated. Do like the spin though that Disney is ahead of schedule.

You are probably right.... but why do it so early, and why do a big free dining sale in September if you knew you would pack the house will no problems!

Boy lets hope so. I was not syc'd up for SW invasion this for our fall trip. Fortunately we are not staying anywhere near the Studios that trip. We could easily ride Mania a few times and avoid that park altogether if SW only guest only invade that park. I won't wait in line for a half a day or more to ride one attraction that takes a few minutes. Just no.

We only did a half day at HS last time, and we regretted it because neither of us had been there and believed people when they said 1/2 day park. Well if you haven't been, it really should be a longer day than half. So we were looking forward to getting to see the whole thing this time. Now I barely want to go near it 20 days after SW opening. I have it planned for a weekday though... and it is in September when most kids have just started School... soooooo here's hoping!

Songbird76

Calm down I wouldn't worry 7 to 9 is what's to be expected that time of year and unless softs are open for a day or 2 locals won't be swarming and most of them have passes with blackout dates. Breathe, relax and repeat I'm going to have a wonderful vacation because my lists have lists
7-9 is what would normally be expected for that time of year, but that's why we're going this year. Because it was expected to be lower crowds because of Star Wars land opening in Cali first, in the Summer, and not until Fall in Florida. Touring Plans' crowd calendar listed everything as being between 2 and 4, with the exception of AK, which was at a 5 every day, probably because of Pandora. But that was the busiest park. And they offered free dining for the Summer months....something they have never done before from the sounds of it, which would indicate their bookings for this Summer were way down and they were trying desperately to attract people in the Summer even though SW wouldn't be open. I'm guessing that didn't work very well, and now they are rolling out the SW part that's likely to be finished so they get bookings. I know, we have 2 weeks, and I make lists, but I was really looking forward to some nice low crowds. Especially since we'll have a large group for the first week and won't be able to just do what we want to do. We are not park commandos...we can't be with DS, and he can't handle the huge crowds. I wanted to take advantage of the timing so we wouldn't have a bit more flexibility and DS wouldn't get so overstimulated. We'll just have to deal, I guess, but it's disappointing.

Songbird76

Probably if there are any soft openings (and that's a big if) they will be for passholders and CMs. I don't believe Avatar had any soft openings; if they did, it was only a few days before regular opening.

You'll definitely be fine. You'll have FPs plus the DAS. You'll do everything you want to.

Although if you want to do SDD, I would get a FP for that. The reason is that SDD tends to run 2 hours all day, whereas Saucers tends to run between 40-45 minutes on a crowded day, so you won't tie up your DAS as long. My combo of FPs is SDD, ToT, and RnRC. Frozen Sing Along has FPs later in the day, so that can be your fourth FP. Same with Star Tours if you want that one.

Oh, and if you need a spot to decompress for your DS, Pizzarizzo's is not currently operating, but because SWGE isn't operating yet, there's hardly any foot traffic in that area and there's plenty of seating; I think they'll even let you go inside.
Oh, I'm not going to rely on DAS....we'll get the pass, but I don't know how much good it will do since DS won't ride most of the things with the longer wait times. I HOPE he will be willing to try SDD, but last time, he wouldn't do Haunted Mansion, Carrots, BTMRR, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, he did TOT once and came off crying and doesn't even like us to say the words Tower of Terror....so since he has to be riding for the DAS pass to be valid, it may not work for us. So I'm going to get fastpasses as a backup.

I've also seen on the DFB that baby care centers in each park are good places to go to decompress if DS gets too overstimulated, but that's a good tip if we're in that area to go to Pizzarizzo's. Thanks for that.
I really hope you're right, that it will be dead. We won't be back for several years, so we've got to enjoy it this trip and do all the things we want to do. And with my brother's family and our cousins joining us for part of it, I also feel pressured to make sure everyone has a good time and isn't disappointed. My BIL has been dragging his feet about Disney for almost a decade because he thinks it's too expensive to justify a trip when they could go on a nice cruise for half that, and we FINALLY got him to agree to a trip. So I want to make sure he gets the money's worth out of it and doesn't resent us for paying for a vacation he didn't really want in the first place. I thought this was perfect timing, but now I'm nervous.

Songbird76

We are annoyed it is partially opening the weekend of our arrival for our annual long trip. We had hoped to miss SW altogether this trip. My son texted me the bad news this morning and I could be heard:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any chance you can move your trip up a couple of weeks so that you will miss it? I wish I could move ours up, but the kids don't get out of school until July 19th, and we fly out on the 20th, so there is no way we can go earlier. But you might consider that if you have that option.

Songbird76

You are probably right.... but why do it so early, and why do a big free dining sale in September if you knew you would pack the house will no problems!

We only did a half day at HS last time, and we regretted it because neither of us had been there and believed people when they said 1/2 day park. Well if you haven't been, it really should be a longer day than half. So we were looking forward to getting to see the whole thing this time. Now I barely want to go near it 20 days after SW opening. I have it planned for a weekday though... and it is in September when most kids have just started School... soooooo here's hoping!
See, this is what makes me wonder. I'm guessing that they weren't getting enough bookings...a lot of people decided to go to DLR instead where they could do SW in the Summer, since a lot of people can't really travel in the off season. They have to go in the Summer, and if you're going to make only one trip, and you have SW fans, it's logical they will choose California. So I'm thinking they offered the free dining at WDW because bookings were low...and I'm guessing that the free dining promotion didn't solve the problem. The only thing that would solve the problem is opening SWLand, because that's what people are waiting for. Obviously, it wasn't going to be complete, so...what to do....open a small portion to get people to book vacations as soon as possible. And, they probably also have it in the back of their heads that by opening in stages, people will have to make multiple trips to see it all. I think they are banking on people being unwilling to wait until all of it is open...they are hoping the die hard fans will want to be among the first to experience it (or to not understand how insanely busy it's going to be) so they won't want to wait. So then they will have to come back. Just my theory.
But if you remember back in 2016, Rivers of light was supposed to debut in....I want to say February...then they said Spring....then it was April, then it was June, then it was pushed back indefinitely and they put the Jungle Book projection show as an intirim show. ROL didn't end up opening until 2017, a full year after the announced date, and that was for one attraction/show that didn't already have a following. They have a habit of being late. So if they weren't going to make the fall deadline for SW, and people are putting off trips until it opens, they HAD to get people to book trips NOW. Pretty much their only option is to open part of it so they can say "See? We opened it early!" and get bookings so they have some breathing room for the construction of the rest of the land. It saves their image and gets the cash flowing again.

As for a 1/2 day park, I totally get why people say that. I'd be happy to skip it altogether other than the jedi training for DS, and eating at Prime Time. We had to get there at rope drop to sign DS for jedi training, and we had to stay late to see Fantasmic, but there was nothing really in between that we HAD to do, except the Frozen Sing-along. We had to stay for DS to do the jedi training in the afternoon, and we had ADRs for lunch and Dinner. If it weren't for the Jedi Training being the only thing DS is excited about, I would just skip it and have more time at Epcot and MK or our resort. Even TSL isn't a draw for me. The movies are meh for me and I don't think the kids have ever even seen 2 and 3. So I guess for me, it's not even a 1/2 day park. But that's the cool thing about Disney....something for everyone. I hope you get to see everything on your September trip! If you aren't planning to visit SWL, you might want to consider rope dropping HS. SW isn't going to have fastpasses, at least initially, so everyone will be rushing in at Rope drop, which means they WON'T be rushing TSL...you will have a better chance of seeing those things at rope drop while everyone else runs to SW.

Rista1313

See, this is what makes me wonder. I'm guessing that they weren't getting enough bookings...a lot of people decided to go to DLR instead where they could do SW in the Summer, since a lot of people can't really travel in the off season. They have to go in the Summer, and if you're going to make only one trip, and you have SW fans, it's logical they will choose California. So I'm thinking they offered the free dining at WDW because bookings were low...and I'm guessing that the free dining promotion didn't solve the problem. The only thing that would solve the problem is opening SWLand, because that's what people are waiting for. Obviously, it wasn't going to be complete, so...what to do....open a small portion to get people to book vacations as soon as possible. And, they probably also have it in the back of their heads that by opening in stages, people will have to make multiple trips to see it all. I think they are banking on people being unwilling to wait until all of it is open...they are hoping the die hard fans will want to be among the first to experience it (or to not understand how insanely busy it's going to be) so they won't want to wait. So then they will have to come back. Just my theory.
But if you remember back in 2016, Rivers of light was supposed to debut in....I want to say February...then they said Spring....then it was April, then it was June, then it was pushed back indefinitely and they put the Jungle Book projection show as an intirim show. ROL didn't end up opening until 2017, a full year after the announced date, and that was for one attraction/show that didn't already have a following. They have a habit of being late. So if they weren't going to make the fall deadline for SW, and people are putting off trips until it opens, they HAD to get people to book trips NOW. Pretty much their only option is to open part of it so they can say "See? We opened it early!" and get bookings so they have some breathing room for the construction of the rest of the land. It saves their image and gets the cash flowing again.

As for a 1/2 day park, I totally get why people say that. I'd be happy to skip it altogether other than the jedi training for DS, and eating at Prime Time. We had to get there at rope drop to sign DS for jedi training, and we had to stay late to see Fantasmic, but there was nothing really in between that we HAD to do, except the Frozen Sing-along. We had to stay for DS to do the jedi training in the afternoon, and we had ADRs for lunch and Dinner. If it weren't for the Jedi Training being the only thing DS is excited about, I would just skip it and have more time at Epcot and MK or our resort. Even TSL isn't a draw for me. The movies are meh for me and I don't think the kids have ever even seen 2 and 3. So I guess for me, it's not even a 1/2 day park. But that's the cool thing about Disney....something for everyone. I hope you get to see everything on your September trip! If you aren't planning to visit SWL, you might want to consider rope dropping HS. SW isn't going to have fastpasses, at least initially, so everyone will be rushing in at Rope drop, which means they WON'T be rushing TSL...you will have a better chance of seeing those things at rope drop while everyone else runs to SW.

Also hoping for some extra magic hours that day... but we shall see! My hubby has DAS pass, so we don't always feel the need to rope drop.

Figgy1

Well I’m taking back the WRONG. I assumed it was Starwarsland being completed and opening early. Now they are going to piece meal pieces of the new land just like they did with the Fantasy expansion circus then later Under the Seas and even later Mine Train.

Now that the more complete news release is out there I’m more inclined to stick with my yesterday opinion of no way. That foot print is small and subdividing what will be opened from construction should make TOY look spacious.

More interesting no opening date or update on the balance to be opened or if will even open for late 2019 as stated for months. Me this fraction opening is just trying to compete with Harry Potter Opening early this summer. I have zero love for StarWars but don’t like piecemeal openings of new Lands. Anticlimactic
It's going to be a cluster as you said. As in the ads for NFL made it sound amazing and when you got there construction walls everywhere. That was the year we were going to do UNI instead but after James broke his arm we decided on another long trip and couldn't swing both but we got SWW and Billy D and @MouseDreaming so it worked out

Last edited:

Figgy1

My kids were more Rugrats and Hey Arnold kinda kids. I was OK with Rugrats as it had a lot of adult humor buried in there that flew over kids heads.

For about a year maybe 1.5 to 2.5 my DD had a thing for that Purple Dinosaur that grated on my last nerve. Fix, small TV with built in VHS player that went into her room. She could watch Barney until her heart was content. Blessed was I that I didn't have to Listen to that.
You poor dear, my older ds was into him for a short while, same fix. James was all about Disney Junior and Elmo

MouseDreaming

In other news.. I caught a bug, I have no idea who infected me but I crashed bad today with fever and everything. My mom was feeling down in the weather too so she caught it as well (she had fever yesterday).

I really have NO TIME FOR THIS.
Mere week away from the second interview..
Better to have it now, then the day of your interview. Take care of yourself, and GWS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom