The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Well color me wrong!!!!

I so wanted it to open after my trip. Blurg
Me too. We are there just two weeks after opening. They are opening in two phases, I wonder if some people will wait until both attractions are open? This might give me a fighting chance for a slinky dog dash fastpass!

Well I’m taking back the WRONG. I assumed it was Starwarsland being completed and opening early. Now they are going to piece meal pieces of the new land just like they did with the Fantasy expansion circus then later Under the Seas and even later Mine Train.

Now that the more complete news release is out there I’m more inclined to stick with my yesterday opinion of no way. That foot print is small and subdividing what will be opened from construction should make TOY look spacious.

More interesting no opening date or update on the balance to be opened or if will even open for late 2019 as stated for months. Me this fraction opening is just trying to compete with Harry Potter Opening early this summer. I have zero love for StarWars but don’t like piecemeal openings of new Lands. Anticlimactic

Cesar R M

Probably if there are any soft openings (and that's a big if) they will be for passholders and CMs. I don't believe Avatar had any soft openings; if they did, it was only a few days before regular opening.

You'll definitely be fine. You'll have FPs plus the DAS. You'll do everything you want to.

Although if you want to do SDD, I would get a FP for that. The reason is that SDD tends to run 2 hours all day, whereas Saucers tends to run between 40-45 minutes on a crowded day, so you won't tie up your DAS as long. My combo of FPs is SDD, ToT, and RnRC. Frozen Sing Along has FPs later in the day, so that can be your fourth FP. Same with Star Tours if you want that one.

Oh, and if you need a spot to decompress for your DS, Pizzarizzo's is not currently operating, but because SWGE isn't operating yet, there's hardly any foot traffic in that area and there's plenty of seating; I think they'll even let you go inside.
If I remember correctly, Avatar had only cast member soft openings.. and almost all of them were of AK.

Gabe1

Yeah we SW fans are waiting until it dies down a bit! It’s going to be awesome! Dd and SIL may see it at DL since they will be there in June!
We are annoyed it is partially opening the weekend of our arrival for our annual long trip. We had hoped to miss SW altogether this trip. My son texted me the bad news this morning and I could be heard:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gabe1

What some parents or grandparents think is hilarious to share in photos about their kids or grandkids, often clashes with what the kid or grandkid would prefer to bury. My parents didn't have Facebook, but my mother had some big family photo albums.

I recall one of my brothers (he was in high school) bringing home a girlfriend, and of course, my mother dragged out the photo albums--with the picture of him butt naked as a baby! :hilarious: My bro was really ticked off at her for doing that, as everyone was laughing, (and he was at a sensitive teenage age)--and didn't appreciate it. :oops:
^^^^^
This

Gabe1

My kids all watched the Playhouse Disney shows. I didn’t mind them either. Bear was great. They also loved The Wiggles.

My kids were more Rugrats and Hey Arnold kinda kids. I was OK with Rugrats as it had a lot of adult humor buried in there that flew over kids heads.

For about a year maybe 1.5 to 2.5 my DD had a thing for that Purple Dinosaur that grated on my last nerve. Fix, small TV with built in VHS player that went into her room. She could watch Barney until her heart was content. Blessed was I that I didn't have to Listen to that.

Gabe1

Thanks for the update! 😉

This is bringing all sorts of speculation now that it has been clarified that only a small segment is being opened without a timeframe for the balance. Current rumor they were not going to make the year end date so they threw it all in for one attraction to partially launch the new land in bits in pieces vs the entire land as was originally stated. Do like the spin though that Disney is ahead of schedule.

Will be interested to see if Potter 3.0 is completely launched or if they dribble it in like Disney.

Gabe1

They are opening in two phases. See the news page for more details. Maybe most people will wait until both attractions are available?

Boy lets hope so. I was not syc'd up for SW invasion this for our fall trip. Fortunately we are not staying anywhere near the Studios that trip. We could easily ride Mania a few times and avoid that park altogether if SW only guest only invade that park. I won't wait in line for a half a day or more to ride one attraction that takes a few minutes. Just no.

Gabe1

Maybe the other parks will be more quiet? Wonder how Uni will be? They only have a coaster opening in June.

Only? That is like saying the Studios ONLY has Galaxy Edge or the MK is going to ONLY open Tron. I kinda look at it if they are only single attractions if they interest me or not all three are anticipated solid additions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom