The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

If you've ever taken an in-park survey, you get added to some email list.
My pin came a day ahead of Hubby's for a change.
Two separate individual codes, tied to our different last names and postal/ZIP code.

We each get about 5 or 6 different offers per year. Usually he gets his first. Alphabetically his last name comes before my hyphenated married name; if that is in fact, how it's done.
I got an online survey this week. Thanking me for going to WDW last month and asking if I would complete a survey for them. It would take less then 10 minutes, they said. I said, sure! I have some positive feedback and some negative, but, that should be OK. Well, anyway, I got to Question #3 which was... "Do you have plans to return to WDW in the next year?" Due to the fact that I have alternate bigger trip plans the end of this year I replied... No! Clicked on continue and saw the following. Your participation in our survey is complete, thank you for your time and have a Magical Day. Idiots didn't bother to ask me if I was going to be going in 13 months.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I've always done the Room Only option if I've stayed at any of the Disney-owned hotels on property. The meal plan has always been too expensive for me, and I'd never eat that amount of food anyway. I'm sure it works for some families, but it's just not for me. I know they also have a QS dining plan which seems to be a bit better, but I've been staying at the Swan for the past few years and that's not an option for non=Disney hotel guests.

I did the QS this time and payed out of pocket the sit down services we did. Even that is over priced for my appetite as was the regular DP we have done many times. I walk the parks with a resealable Coke or Water Bottle so I really on QS don't need a beverage with my meal. What really jacked up the price was the dessert with QS. With a few good exceptions i.e. Seasons @ Epcot and Contempo @ the Contemporary I would never buy the desserts I have the choice of. I'm not a big dessert eater and if I am going to indulge it is going to be from any of the little kiosks or shops that have yummy stuff not a cookie or prepackage brownies, so called key lime pie etc.

I have been on the dining plan for years now only because of the family CM discount. What my family has always gotten our moneys worth out of is the refill mug for decades. Just the coffee and tea alone did it for me and it was convenient at the resort not digging for money for my kids to go get something to drink while at pool as they got older. I think the DP is more a preplanned budget thing for families. It is paid for by the time you are ordering and leaves the stress of the expensive food prices out of your mind. Gift cards bought in advance would also do the same thing if the people you are handing them too are responsible.

Cesar R M

If you've ever taken an in-park survey, you get added to some email list.
My pin came a day ahead of Hubby's for a change.
Two separate individual codes, tied to our different last names and postal/ZIP code.

We each get about 5 or 6 different offers per year. Usually he gets his first. Alphabetically his last name comes before my hyphenated married name; if that is in fact, how it's done.
so, you usually get these 20% to free dinning combos constantly?

MOXOMUMD

A few more pictures from my trip, this is the second half of my 3rd day.

Inside the old Wonders of Life building.
View attachment 88034

Lady and Tramp topiaries in Italy.
View attachment 88035

Fun with my fisheye in the American Adventure
View attachment 88036

A little chocolate mousse in France
View attachment 88037

Pan and Hook topiaries in the UK
View attachment 88038

Head to the MK by ferry
View attachment 88039

Enjoying the castle at night in a new spot
View attachment 88040

In the new gardens area
View attachment 88041 View attachment 88042

Meeting Mickey is always magical.
View attachment 88043
I love when you ride the ferry and MK comes into view. :)

Eric1955

How veddy English.
I've not tried Marmite (or Vegemite) and it's pretty safe to say, I'm not going to. :eek:

Yes, I think English food is great. I don't understand the bad rap it gets. Although, I have been told my taste in food is very bland.

Marmite is definitely an acquired taste. The first time I ate it I thought it was the most disgusting thing. The second time it wasn't that bad. The third time it actually started to taste good. Now I love it.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
so, you usually get these 20% to free dinning combos constantly?
No. It's a room only discount pin.
Usually 10% for Values, 20% for Moderates, 30% for Deluxe.
The free Park Hopper upgrade was a nice bonus this time.

When you get "free dining", it always states that it cannot be combined with any other discounts.

Looking at going August 22 - September 1. Who wants to meet up?

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Yes, I think English food is great. I don't understand the bad rap it gets. Although, I have been told my taste in food is very bland.

Marmite is definitely an acquired taste. The first time I ate it I thought it was the most disgusting thing. The second time it wasn't that bad. The third time it actually started to taste good. Now I love it.
My mother, while born in Canada during a brief visit, was raised in England.
Her taste in bland food followed her back to Canada.

I was 19 and living on my own, before I discovered that there were veggies outside of carrots, peas, corn, lettuce, tomatoes (yuch!) and cucumbers!

Who knew I would love brussel sprouts?

Still not trying Marmite though.
Question - does it smell like yeast?
Ever since I had kids, I can't bear the smell of yeast.

Eric1955

My mother, while born in Canada during a brief visit, was raised in England.
Her taste in bland food followed her back to Canada.

I was 19 and living on my own, before I discovered that there were veggies outside of carrots, peas, corn, lettuce, tomatoes (yuch!) and cucumbers!

Who knew I would love brussel sprouts?

Still not trying Marmite though.
Question - does it smell like yeast?
Ever since I had kids, I can't bear the smell of yeast.

It's kind of a beefy smell but you can smell the yeast.

Cesar R M

reminds me when my family tell me I am nuts when I eat the olives alone or with almost everything XD
definitively acquired taste!

Cesar R M

No. It's a room only discount pin.
Usually 10% for Values, 20% for Moderates, 30% for Deluxe.
The free Park Hopper upgrade was a nice bonus this time.

When you get "free dining", it always states that it cannot be combined with any other discounts.

Looking at going August 22 - September 1. Who wants to meet up?
sorry, going in december-january..
Its going to be a gigantic gift for my niece who turns 15 :D
plus we plan to go to universal too, Cause she loves Harry potter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom