The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I did the QS this time and payed out of pocket the sit down services we did. Even that is over priced for my appetite as was the regular DP we have done many times. I walk the parks with a resealable Coke or Water Bottle so I really on QS don't need a beverage with my meal. What really jacked up the price was the dessert with QS. With a few good exceptions i.e. Seasons @ Epcot and Contempo @ the Contemporary I would never buy the desserts I have the choice of. I'm not a big dessert eater and if I am going to indulge it is going to be from any of the little kiosks or shops that have yummy stuff not a cookie or prepackage brownies, so called key lime pie etc.

I have been on the dining plan for years now only because of the family CM discount. What my family has always gotten our moneys worth out of is the refill mug for decades. Just the coffee and tea alone did it for me and it was convenient at the resort not digging for money for my kids to go get something to drink while at pool as they got older. I think the DP is more a preplanned budget thing for families. It is paid for by the time you are ordering and leaves the stress of the expensive food prices out of your mind. Gift cards bought in advance would also do the same thing if the people you are handing them too are responsible.

I like gift cards, myself. I save up for them during the year--not a lot, but I usually end up with maybe $200; but again, traveling by myself for 3-4 days, and not eating expensive meals, or buying expensive trinkets, etc., it's like having some of my vacation expenses prepaid. I have a change jar that gets filled up about every 2 months, and it's usually around $40. So I'll add a $10 bill and buy a $50 Disney gift card. Makes saving a little more easier that way.

TomP

Magic Mickey!
I wanted to enter, I swear.. but I felt like It would be way too.. embarrassing..

I mean, me alone to see him? lol

also that fisheye lens needs tweaking or a replacement.. the distortion is insane! D:
Don't worry about what other people think until they start paying your bills. I've never seen Magic Mickey cuz he was never there when I was...but I would not hesitate to get in line. I get in line whenever Winnie the Pooh is doing M&G and I. don't. care.

TomP

So back in February I posted this screen up in Disneyland as the prepared the castle for the 60th Birthday of Disneyland.......

10968536_796510020424224_398961865526215257_n.jpg

So I saw this photo this evening on Touring Plans.

CA6BqOVXEAAbemi.jpg

I found it depressing so far...

Looks like the bunting that is hung to honor people that have recently passed on. :(
That's exactly what I thought. If that is the finished castle....very underwhelming. Maybe it looks better at night?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Okay, why was there a random cart on the elevator with empty coolers on top?

View attachment 88140

I think the Happy Haunts flew out of the Mansion, and ended up exploring at your college. They're a bit on the mischievous side, and started pushing carts around all over the place. They're afraid of elevators as you know, so they wouldn't take a ride. ;)

TomP

Yes, I think English food is great. I don't understand the bad rap it gets. Although, I have been told my taste in food is very bland.

Marmite is definitely an acquired taste. The first time I ate it I thought it was the most disgusting thing. The second time it wasn't that bad. The third time it actually started to taste good. Now I love it.
I think that after the first disgusting time, I would have quit it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom