The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

seahawk7

My DD world that most can't wrap their brains around..........
11016097_10206347840239386_918360223884347374_n.jpg
Shoot you tricked me into doing math!

seahawk7

My thought is I'm on vacation. You do make me giggle though. I see what you leave on your plate with all the yummy food photos you post, you and Tammy are so much alike. Some, not all of the Disney portions are beyond large. Finishing what is plated is what makes people become so overweight. I had grandparents that believed in cleaning your plate. I mentioned before my one Gran was shaped like a Whiskey Barrel.

The DDP is really not a savings if you don't drink the beverages or want the dessert. Another way around it is to skip the DDP go for the room discount only. Start now and buy Disney Gift Cards to use for food, that way family and friends are not obligated to eat what they really don't want. Plus think of the tip money you would save.
See this what I'm thinking.

seahawk7

Son #2 is bringing the GF, and wants her to experience the full on Disney experience, including all the awesome dining venues.

If we can't get "free" dining (and it appears that we cannot), then using the 20% off Pin code, and only getting DDP for 3 of us will work. Tammy and I scarcely finished a whole meal each last year, including CS meals. The GF is a pretty light eater too.

I think 3 meals along with an app or two will suffice the 5 of us for most meals quite well.

ETA - My pin code is for 20% off room rate (Moderates), plus free Park Hopper add on, when paying for park tickets.
How do you get this pin code? I've been going at least annually since 2007 and I've never gotten one.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Do you know what the original air date was on that show? He's done stuff from here before.

There's great BBQ all over the country (world, for that matter), but, yes, I'd say Austin (and, Texas in general) ranks right up there with the best of 'em. ;) :hungry: :)

All I know is that it was on last weekend, but I don't know the "original" air date. However, if you Google his show, I think I saw that it mentioned he started off his final season with that big festival (that I had mentioned to you recently) in Austin; and I think he was down there during some of that--so that would be recently. Anyway, on the Travel Channel web site, I think they have all the episodes and I think that maybe you could see the original air date if you clicked on his visit to Austin.

Oh, one of the food selections was a bunch of shellfish (some local type of shellfish that's common down there) that they cooked together with ears of corn and man, did that ever look tasty!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hmm, I wonder if the whole "USA PRODUCT, MANUFACTURED IN MEXICO" is the same I've seen on other products.

Sometimes the labels dont say the whole truth.
For example, there is a factory of SEAGATE hard disks in Mexico.
they are then shipped to the US assembled but not boxed, and then stamped "MADE IN THE USA" (the box says made in the US, but the inner labels codes shows Mexico, same with the serial numbers.)

The question is, the chocolate is done in Mexico? or just the packaging and plastics?

cue the amazing world of Globalization!

Yah, it is all confusing. A few months ago, I had different bags that clearly stated Made in Mexico. These newer bags (although different candy) now say Mfg. in Mexico, and the printing is more discreet. I figure there's a distinction somewhere, but I doubt we'll ever get to the bottom of this! ;) I'll just continue my lifelong pattern: see chocolate, open mouth, devour!! :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The DDP is really not a savings if you don't drink the beverages or want the dessert. Another way around it is to skip the DDP go for the room discount only. Start now and buy Disney Gift Cards to use for food, that way family and friends are not obligated to eat what they really don't want. Plus think of the tip money you would save.

I've always done the Room Only option if I've stayed at any of the Disney-owned hotels on property. The meal plan has always been too expensive for me, and I'd never eat that amount of food anyway. I'm sure it works for some families, but it's just not for me. I know they also have a QS dining plan which seems to be a bit better, but I've been staying at the Swan for the past few years and that's not an option for non=Disney hotel guests.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We've got about an hour or so of nasty freezing rain coming late tomorrow morning.
When I was picking up Son #1 at about 10:30, I noticed the "brine tracks" on all the roads already.

Happily, it won't last long. Switching over to straight rain and going up to a high of 10 C (50 F) tomorrow afternoon.

Freezing rain is scary. I'm glad it's just for a short period of time and then will melt for you.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
How do you get this pin code? I've been going at least annually since 2007 and I've never gotten one.
If you've ever taken an in-park survey, you get added to some email list.
My pin came a day ahead of Hubby's for a change.
Two separate individual codes, tied to our different last names and postal/ZIP code.

We each get about 5 or 6 different offers per year. Usually he gets his first. Alphabetically his last name comes before my hyphenated married name; if that is in fact, how it's done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom