• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Premium Member
Wow. The hospital I work at is one of the top in the country. First of all, the nurses have degrees, many with master's or higher. Many also have advanced certifications, and this is encouraged by management. The bar is set very high there. All that education is a wonderful thing and embraced across the board.

As for your comment about hearing elder professionals "gossiping" about (some) of the younger ones, their concern was genuine and not a slam. and certainly not idle gossip. The point was that (some) of the nurses needed more experience to realize that solutions don't always come about quickly (as in an Instagram style format -- not the greatest example to use here, but in a general gist). A deeper dive and more analytical skills and time is what makes a better clinician. This is learned over time.
Oh my! How sad that that hospital believes highly educated nurses want Instagram style format. What a degrading level of oversight. That the hospital promotes that type of atmosphere vs mentoring should be rattling to the patients especially if it is a teaching insinuation, it doesn't foster a unified team. My sons future SIL is an ER Nurse at Northwestern in Chicago, one of the best of the best. I forwarded it to him and he to her. She is 25 years old. She was appalled. She has never felt that type of belittlement where she is employed. I guess different regions hold different respect for professionals than others do. Disheartening.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Oh my! How sad that that hospital believes highly educated nurses want Instagram style format. What a degrading level of oversight. That the hospital promotes that type of atmosphere vs mentoring should be rattling to the patients especially if it is a teaching insinuation, it doesn't foster a unified team. My sons future SIL is an ER Nurse at Northwestern in Chicago, one of the best of the best. I forwarded it to him and he to her. She is 25 years old. She was appalled. She has never felt that type of belittlement where she is employed. I guess different regions hold different respect for professionals than others do. Disheartening.
You don't have the facts. I'll just leave this there and have no further comment.

Top Bottom