The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Yes, I’ve liked her for almost a year, never had the guts to say it, too almost loseing her and her telling me, to say it 😊

They Might Know TBH, they know I’m in contact with her, they’ve know since we met
just take it easy. as amazing the first love is.. sometimes the separation can be devastating as well.
not everything has to be "perfect" like in the movies..(that is bs)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Sympathy like. It's like that here, too. DS and I were lucky that the wind was behind us most of the way home from school. When I left work to go pick him up, I had to bike against the wind and there were a couple of moments where I thought I was going to have to walk it because I just wasn't getting anywhere.

The wind has only become worse. It was to be gone 5 hours ago. No. The windows are doing that whistling thing and yep, awake because of it.

Gabe1

I know that the original Business philosophy of those store having lounging areas was to encourage people to come in and look for books to buy in a very casual atmosphere, but, so many people don't buy anything, they go in an spend hours reading books with no need to buy. That doesn't pay the bills. They would have been far better off to discount the prices to make them more affordable and actually sell some of them. Amazon is, of course, big in Kindle, but, mostly because you can buy actual books cheaper as well. I realize that they are able to do that more easily and profitably because they are not trying to pay for huge stores that are mostly a substitute for a homeless shelter. Cut down the over head, sell fewer weird titles, (leave that for public library's) reduce the prices and more and more will survive. We live in a society of instant gratification requirements. Take advantage of that and compete against a group that requires a delay in shipment, shipping costs and more.

My DD starts two courses for her Masters on Monday. She downloaded a text book for free online verses $134 to purchase. Her other one was ordered as a download for $34 vs $330 to by the book. So I come from the love of books vs reality from a different point of view.

Gabe1

Wow. The hospital I work at is one of the top in the country. First of all, the nurses have degrees, many with master's or higher. Many also have advanced certifications, and this is encouraged by management. The bar is set very high there. All that education is a wonderful thing and embraced across the board.

As for your comment about hearing elder professionals "gossiping" about (some) of the younger ones, their concern was genuine and not a slam. and certainly not idle gossip. The point was that (some) of the nurses needed more experience to realize that solutions don't always come about quickly (as in an Instagram style format -- not the greatest example to use here, but in a general gist). A deeper dive and more analytical skills and time is what makes a better clinician. This is learned over time.

Oh my! How sad that that hospital believes highly educated nurses want Instagram style format. What a degrading level of oversight. That the hospital promotes that type of atmosphere vs mentoring should be rattling to the patients especially if it is a teaching insinuation, it doesn't foster a unified team. My sons future SIL is an ER Nurse at Northwestern in Chicago, one of the best of the best. I forwarded it to him and he to her. She is 25 years old. She was appalled. She has never felt that type of belittlement where she is employed. I guess different regions hold different respect for professionals than others do. Disheartening.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh my! How sad that that hospital believes highly educated nurses want Instagram style format. What a degrading level of oversight. That the hospital promotes that type of atmosphere vs mentoring should be rattling to the patients especially if it is a teaching insinuation, it doesn't foster a unified team. My sons future SIL is an ER Nurse at Northwestern in Chicago, one of the best of the best. I forwarded it to him and he to her. She is 25 years old. She was appalled. She has never felt that type of belittlement where she is employed. I guess different regions hold different respect for professionals than others do. Disheartening.

You don't have the facts. I'll just leave this there and have no further comment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom