The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thank you for your answer. The personal e mail is what I was focusing on. I had a student I was concerned about leave school yesterday at 1pm. The mom picked her up from the school nurse's office. When I got home at 4pm I sent that child's mom an e-mail to ask how the child is feeling and wishing her well. I just wondered if that mom will even check her personal g mail.
That was very nice of you

Figgy1

Premium Member
If there is an upside to my age, the words "accrue" and "for my kids" is pretty much the same thing. I can lease much cheaper and I have no interest in any long, long range plans to keep something from now on. If I go before it does. I'm fine. If I last to the end of the lease then I get a new car every three years. At my age that is about the most excitement I can handle or hope for.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I checked for my family for the week before labor day with the free dining. Staying at the cabins is just under $5000 for 5 nights and 6 days. I don’t think that is terrible considering the meals and tickets are included. We could go to AOA for $5000, or get 2 rooms at Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach for about $5400. It is making me rethink May.
and maybe do one less park day and add MNSSHP

Songbird76

Do they not grow vegetables in Europe...?! :cyclops:

;)
I know you're joking, but in all seriousness, at least in the Netherlands it would be very difficult to be vegan, and VERY expensive. Just an example, I have lived here for 16 years now, and last year was the ONLY time I have ever found a spaghetti squash, and only one time. Our grocery stores have the basics; broccoli, carrots, lettuce, green beans, etc....but the produce section is about a 5th the size of the produce section at an American grocery store. So if you were looking for anything but the basics, good luck. Even the weekly open air markets where farmers sell their wares don't have anything other than the basics. There is no cheese substitute that I know about....there are a few milks like almond milk, and soy, but your diet wouldn't be particularly varied. You'd have to eat pretty much the same thing every day. We just don't have the options here for meat subtitutes, dairy substitutes...I can't even buy corn flour at my grocery store much less specialty diet items. You'd have to go to very specialized stores and spend beaucoup bucks to manage a vegan diet here, I'd think.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I know you're joking, but in all seriousness, at least in the Netherlands it would be very difficult to be vegan, and VERY expensive. Just an example, I have lived here for 16 years now, and last year was the ONLY time I have ever found a spaghetti squash, and only one time. Our grocery stores have the basics; broccoli, carrots, lettuce, green beans, etc....but the produce section is about a 5th the size of the produce section at an American grocery store. So if you were looking for anything but the basics, good luck. Even the weekly open air markets where farmers sell their wares don't have anything other than the basics. There is no cheese substitute that I know about....there are a few milks like almond milk, and soy, but your diet wouldn't be particularly varied. You'd have to eat pretty much the same thing every day. We just don't have the options here for meat subtitutes, dairy substitutes...I can't even buy corn flour at my grocery store much less specialty diet items. You'd have to go to very specialized stores and spend beaucoup bucks to manage a vegan diet here, I'd think.
Ouch :jawdrop:
It is a lot better in the UK. Still not as much choice as 'merica , but better.

Songbird76

Ouch :jawdrop:
It is a lot better in the UK. Still not as much choice as 'merica , but better.
Well, I could be wrong, not being vegan and never having tried to eat a vegan diet. But I've never noticed a vegan cheese in the cheese section, for example. And while the stores do have a few soy-based products and there is a vegetarian meat section, it's VERY small...like....5 or 6 different items, most of them breaded, so I'm assuming they use egg, which as a vegan, you couldn't have. And knowing how hard it has been for me to find things like different kinds of flour, sugar free anything...stores just don't have much for specialty diets. My mom was diabetic and I used to get her sugar free treats like chocolate and ice cream...I looked EVERYWHERE for sugar free chocolate here when my friend Bob was diagnosed with cancer. I wanted to send him a care package and he was diabetic...but no one had sugar free anything. They are just now starting to see a few gluten free things in the past year. But things like egg substitute are non-existant as far as I can tell.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Both my kids format at work is IM'ing. It isn't always an immediate response but the platform is set to be few words and quick answers. The younger tend to be less wordy in business life. Have you proof'd this. Yes, No.

Yah, our younger nurses prefer other methods, but the main hospital communications come via email. So a few have had to be reminded of that-- it's their job to keep up, even if it's not their preferred method in their own lives, outside of work.

And the brevity part you referenced above is also a double-edged sword. In some instances, it's certainly preferable--quick, bullet points,in specific instances. However, (some) miss more deep thinking to issues and projects, when they always expect instant, bullet point, equaling quick solutions. Not everything works that way.

Some haven't learned to balance everything out yet. I don't blame them--they grew up with the internet, with instant answers. And with technology for smartphones, etc., information is fast . . . yet, the analysis part is always up to the individual. That's what I hope we're not losing.

MySmallWorldof4

I am now in the process of changing our May trip. Trying to make it a combo trip with Uni and Disney. Does anyone know if you can upgrade Uni park tickets to AP’s? They have the buy 2 days, get 2 days free. The better AP has 6 months free for $500. The park to park is $275 for 4 days. The plan would be 4 days at Disney and 4 at Uni with Volcano Bay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom