The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Your dad is one spry looking 86 year old, and I love Emy’s cheeks. She is so cute!! 4 generations in one house. How cool is that! I had one great grandfather live to the age of 93. He died when is was 14. I am so lucky that I got to have a great relationship with him.

Thank you so very much, on all counts...!!! :)

Yep, both mom and pop are still quite spry, fortunately!!! It definitely helps that they’re both still very ambulatory for their age, and also not sedentary...!!! :)
The 4 generations aspect was not lost on us either...!!!!! :happy:

Very sweet about your relationship with your great grandfather...!!! :)
Unfortunately, I only remember one of my great grandparents being alive. My great grandmother on my moms side used to live in a little house on my grandparents farm. We lived out of state for most of my mid to later childhood, so we only saw her shortly when we came back to Texas every summer to visit.
Plus, she never learned to speak English and none of us kiddos knew how to speak Czech. So, that made any kind of direct verbal communication back and forth pretty much non-existent, sans a few words or short phrases. IIRC, I was about 10-ish when she passed.
Wish I would have had the chance to know any of them better.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

I was just wondering about @MOXOMUMD. She hasn’t been around since April. Hoping she and her dd are fine and that they were able to take their December cruise.

Yep, miss her very much.
I know they were very much looking forward to that cruise, and they deserved it.
I just wish we knew something.
I so very much hope and pray that all is well with them, and that we will hear from her again soon.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And tonight the normal routine came back. Tonight it is Braised Beef Bowl layered.

Chive and Garlic mashed potatoes
Braised beef sliced thin
Some of my famous and beloved Brown Gravy
Fresh Green Beans and whole fresh carrots
sauteed onion
sauteed mushroom
topped with lots more Brown Gravy,

B0FAA1FF-0E89-4B33-BEEC-D70B7678A653.jpegC7950F6F-45FE-4EF3-9423-3319BF2F6280.jpeg

Gabe1

And tonight the normal routine came back. Tonight it is Braised Beef Bowl layered.

Chive and Garlic mashed potatoes
Braised beef sliced thin
Some of my famous and beloved Brown Gravy
Fresh Green Beans and whole fresh carrots
sauteed onion
sauteed mushroom
topped with lots more Brown Gravy,

Dang I thank the recipes files for Liberty Tree gravy. Trying most of them and tweeking them until a gravy became perfection. Slurp.

B5CBB78C-0C47-4C4D-850A-27BBCF040137.jpegBEFB85BD-4827-44FD-9E4E-4AE1318FC140.jpeg

Gabe1

That's so cool!!! :cool: Never saw a TV in a bathroom mirror before!! :jawdrop:
It is a marvel we had not seen before even given the resorts we have stayed in the last few years that trend. But I see it is proclaimed NORM according to others and so common but never mentioned. Giggle. And giggle some more. So is life. :rolleyes: But this in the mirror was so fun to experience. Who knew this is an everyday request? Not me. Anybody have these in their homes? Am I the odd man out?

Gabe1

I know all the back ways and even a hurricane detour;) Not that I'll be ale to gt out for a while:mad::rolleyes::cold::banghead: I miss the growling emoji!

If I can slide through the downhill ice that is the only out of the immediate ice hill here I'm in. If I miss, well I'm in the river. Lord help us. Why do we all live here? There are palms.

st_croix_us_virgin_islands_5967.jpg

MySmallWorldof4

She has gone back and forth between both threads. I haven't seen her in either in ages. I hope she is okay and we see her again. Unlike betty rose (who when I tried to tag her wasn't to be found), I've given up hope at seeing her on here again. :cry:
Only one Betty now. :cry: I don’t get it. She had to have her profile removed so she obviously was able to get back on. Maybe too many memories on here tied to her husband and she didn’t want to come back.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Actually, they are very often requested by our custom home clients these days...! :)

Yes, of course they do! :p

I think I must live in some sort of alternate universe from the people you design high-end homes for. In our bathroom, there is no TV, but there is a clock that tells correct time, as long as it's Standard Time. When it's Daylight Savings Time, it will still show Standard Time, because the little plastic thing that changes the time, broke ages ago -- and we never bothered to replace the clock. (So in the summer we "add"an hour to whatever it says.) Other than that, it's a perfectly good clock and very reliable. :hilarious:

Now, that's class!!! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom