The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And tonight the normal routine came back. Tonight it is Braised Beef Bowl layered.

Chive and Garlic mashed potatoes
Braised beef sliced thin
Some of my famous and beloved Brown Gravy
Fresh Green Beans and whole fresh carrots
sauteed onion
sauteed mushroom
topped with lots more Brown Gravy,

View attachment 337995View attachment 337996

That looks good. What's for dessert? ;)

I had leftover Chinese food, nuked up in the microwave. Yummy! :hungry:

Songbird76

I'm sure each dealer has different rule for leasing. I've always wondered if there any damage to the car, if you're under a lease agreement, do you have to get it repaired to factory specs? In other words, when you own your own car and if it's in a minor accident, you may or may not get the damage fixed to "as good as new" if you didn't want to pay as much. (Even with insurance, most people have a fairly high deductible.)

So my question is with a leased vehicle, do you have to turn it in (say, after a 3-year or whatever lease) in perfect condition?
They expect normal wear and tear, but if you've been in an accident, you'd need to get it fixed. The nice thing about the lease car is that if something goes wrong, you don't pay for it yourself. Like....a headlight goes out, it's replaced by the dealer where you leased it. Same with like....one of our speakers stopped working. We can take that in and they'll fix it. But if we get in an accident, it's up to the insurance company of the party at fault. If you don't get it fixed, then it might result in extra charges when you go to turn it in.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
No not at all! If you wreck it then you just claim it to your insurance, same as if you bought it. Most Americans don’t pay cash for a new car, so the bank owns the vehicle anyway. Avg loan in the US is now at almost 75 months.. many people trade in their car before it’s ever paid off, and never actually own it. The difference with a lease is you’re just paying the depreciation... and less taxes, and GAP insurance included at no additional charge.

A lease and loan are more similar than many think.. you can trade the car in at any time (like I do), or you can buy it yourself if you want to, and then “own” it.

Thanks. That is helpful information. (Never heard of GAP insurance before either, so good to know.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
They expect normal wear and tear, but if you've been in an accident, you'd need to get it fixed. The nice thing about the lease car is that if something goes wrong, you don't pay for it yourself. Like....a headlight goes out, it's replaced by the dealer where you leased it. Same with like....one of our speakers stopped working. We can take that in and they'll fix it. But if we get in an accident, it's up to the insurance company of the party at fault. If you don't get it fixed, then it might result in extra charges when you go to turn it in.

Oh, thank you. I just saw your message here now, while I was responding to 21stamps :)

Songbird76

Have you heard if she got out yet?
I haven't, but I'm not sure how long she was planning to stay. Her oldest daughter moved back to the states a year or so ago and lives back in our home town. It's her birthday tomorrow, so I'm betting my friend will stay for the daughter's birthday before they hit the road, and those storms USUALLY pass after a day or two. So she should be fine by the time they leave.

Songbird76

I'll wave Hi!!!

Elgin is about 30-45 minutes West of Schaumburg. I'd drive through Elgin to get to Hampshire, where I would board my Pups. Both are BIG, very populated areas so I'd guess more 45 minutes most traveled times.
images

http://kprjan2016.kountrypetresort.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/april-richert-108-350.jpg
I'd guess at about 30 minutes West you'd land in Dundee though I haven't been there in almost 30 years. Santa's Village built for little little kids summer fun there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=san...ZawKHe-CC_IQ_AUIDigB&biw=1303&bih=666#imgrc=_
We used to do Santa's village when I was knee-high to a grasshopper when we visited mom's family. I used to think Dundee and Elgin were HUGE. Of course, we lived on a ranch and the only towns near us were 1000 people and 10,000 people and they were 40 miles apart. So the fact that you could drive from Dundee to Elgin without even noticing you were crossing some imaginary border made me think it was massive. When we went back to bury my mom's ashes in 2003, I was so surprised to find that Dundee is a dinky little town. Everything seemed so much bigger to me as a kid! Mom grew up in Dundee, with all the cousins there and in Pingree Grove. Then some of them moved to Elgin, McHenry, Batavia, Carpentersvill....but they were all still right there in that area.

Songbird76

Only one Betty now. :cry: I don’t get it. She had to have her profile removed so she obviously was able to get back on. Maybe too many memories on here tied to her husband and she didn’t want to come back.
What's weird is that when Buddy Thomas tried to have his account removed, they said it couldn't be done...something about it messing up the threads? So where did Betty Rose's account go?

Rista1313

Yeah, the dining is odd this year, early and long and then crickets

That's because they are having no problem filling up for November and December (At least that's what my agent said) She also said she had no advance warning that free dining was coming out yesterday... not the day she expected... now to wait on Southwest to open my dates so I can figure out what I'm doing about flights... and to figure out my new 180 day mark for ADRs! I actually love planning.... I miss working in the travel industry so very much, but can't have a house on that salary!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom