The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

Exciting!!! :) Our fall trip is set as DVC trip.

She was still waiting on hold last I talked to her, but I was able to find dates and book it, and then she'll take it over and we'll cancel the other one.... no big deal... I'm a PITA... but I got basically what I wanted minus 1 day at the beginning... and depending on how much flights are when Southwest gets to that date, if I have to add a day at another resort for split stay... so be it... I'm flexible =D

Saved myself almost 1k by changing from the end of october, to free dining in September...

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Schaumberg.....isn't that just a few miles from Dundee, Elgin, etc? Wave to my mom's family for me if you go through there!

I'll wave Hi!!!

Elgin is about 30-45 minutes West of Schaumburg. I'd drive through Elgin to get to Hampshire, where I would board my Pups. Both are BIG, very populated areas so I'd guess more 45 minutes most traveled times.
images

http://kprjan2016.kountrypetresort.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/april-richert-108-350.jpg
I'd guess at about 30 minutes West you'd land in Dundee though I haven't been there in almost 30 years. Santa's Village built for little little kids summer fun there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=san...ZawKHe-CC_IQ_AUIDigB&biw=1303&bih=666#imgrc=_

Gabe1

Did you send him by himself? My husband HATES shopping. His shoes had holes in them. He went into two stores, looked for 30 seconds (I'm not exaggerating. He literally just walked through the aisle with his size and walked out) and didn't find the exact same ones he had, so that was it. He came home, found them online and ordered 2 pairs. And he was grouchy when I needed to get DD some undergarments....he wanted to go to the movies and play Ingress, which he DID, but I wouldn't "let" him go until after we had the necessary things done...then I ripped my pants getting into the car, so I had to go buy a new pair, which meant another 15 minutes before he could go. He drove me NUTS on NYE because he was ticked at me about the day before. He'd already been out several days to go to the movies or to play Ingress, and then he's acting like a moody teenager because he didn't get to leave again until 14:30 instead of noon, though he knew he wasn't going to be home until almost 2 in the morning. I've stayed home with the kids every time he's wanted to go out and play, but I ask him to wait ONE time, and goes into toddler mode. You could send him to the store for milk no problem...he'd be doing his best to get it by osmosis so he didn't have to go in.

{{{HUGS}}}

Gabe1

Have you been to Giordano’s near Disney? We’ve been. Just wondering how it compares to the original restaurant.

Honestly I've been to many many Giordano's and I find them very consistant even with their salads which we always order the Large and Share with all of us. Nice Lemony dressing.
I have not been to Giordano's anywhere in the Orlando area. We have stayed on site without a car for just shy of 3 decades and just don't leave the compound unless we are staying on the Uni Compound. We don't leave there either.

This past Spring was the first time OFF property at Flamingo for a few weeks, (I had other things I had to attend to) and again in August for 5 days at Flamingo. Still most of my meals were at Disney or DS and my hotel had free hot breakfasts daily. So I'm kinda bad at off property restaurants. Even when we stayed at Bonnet Creek Hilton it was onsite just not Disney owned. Maybe @Tony the Tigger might have some wisdom as they sometimes stay offsite.

Gabe1

Oh, I'm going nowhere near a QS burger on my vacation. There are WAY too many other options and I can get a burger any time. IF we go to a McDonalds, it will pretty much be just for DS to get his chicken nuggets. (he won't eat the ones at burger king...at least not here, but we'll see what happens when there's no mcDonalds around and he's starving.) I just got my Unofficial guide to Universal Orlando 2019 on New Years Eve, so I'm reading that and I'll start with my planning in earnest this next week. I need to join touringplans.com so I can see the crowd calendar and plan which days we want to be where so I can put together an outline of ADRs I want to make.

Touringplans is a staple in my families life. Also, one of the Best Burgers on Property is the Quick Service at the Contemporary called the Contempo, right next to Chef Mickey's. Smokehouse Burger. Slurp. A real real great tasting burger. We eat there a few times a trip sometimes between hopping MK to Epcot, sometimes just for a Heat break or when we call it a Rain Delay. They also do a fine QS comfort food for dinner, plus you can always sub out fries for other choices, me that have awesome green beans
contempo-cafe-smokehouse-burger-3.jpg

Last edited:

Gabe1

She was still waiting on hold last I talked to her, but I was able to find dates and book it, and then she'll take it over and we'll cancel the other one.... no big deal... I'm a PITA... but I got basically what I wanted minus 1 day at the beginning... and depending on how much flights are when Southwest gets to that date, if I have to add a day at another resort for split stay... so be it... I'm flexible =D

Saved myself almost 1k by changing from the end of october, to free dining in September...

Yeah, the dining is odd this year, early and long and then crickets

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom