The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

I read that Disney came out with free dining for this Summer today....not sure if it's valid in May, but you could look. I know you will probably do a camper again, but just thought I'd let you know.
I looked. Free dining goes July through September. I wonder if a room discount is better than free dining though. For the Spring discount they had the campsites listed as 20% off, but alas when I looked it was not the case. I am guessing they made a mistake. I was slightly bummed as it would have saved potentially another $200.

MySmallWorldof4

While I was at work tonight, DH said he heard a bunch of sirens and thought the police were at the neighbors again, but it turned out to be ambulances and a trauma helicopter. I looked it up and a little boy fell out of a window (it's not clear how) while visiting family and they had to do a "scoop and run", which I've never heard of. So I guess they decided the kid was in serious enough trouble that they needed to get him help immediately, without waiting until they could get to the hospital. So they brought in the trauma heli, and an ambulance transported him to a place where the helicopter could land, and then one of the trauma doctors got into the ambulance to treat the kid on the way to Nijmegen. So sad....I hope he's ok! It didn't sound like they life flighted him, so I guess that's good, even though they are taking him to Nijmegen. But I'd have thought it would be faster to just use the Helicopter since it was right there.
Oh my gosh! How nightmarish for the parents. How in the heck does that happen? Our kids now of course know not to stick their heads out windows, but when they were little and we wanted to let in fresh air, we would open the top half of the window so that the lower part stayed shut.

Rista1313

I looked. Free dining goes July through September. I wonder if a room discount is better than free dining though. For the Spring discount they had the campsites listed as 20% off, but alas when I looked it was not the case. I am guessing they made a mistake. I was slightly bummed as it would have saved potentially another $200.

I looked at the room discount versus the free dining, for me the free dining (even upgrading it to ddp from QS) was a better deal. Your mileage may vary.

Tony the Tigger

Honestly I've been to many many Giordano's and I find them very consistant even with their salads which we always order the Large and Share with all of us. Nice Lemony dressing.
I have not been to Giordano's anywhere in the Orlando area. We have stayed on site without a car for just shy of 3 decades and just don't leave the compound unless we are staying on the Uni Compound. We don't leave there either.

This past Spring was the first time OFF property at Flamingo for a few weeks, (I had other things I had to attend to) and again in August for 5 days at Flamingo. Still most of my meals were at Disney or DS and my hotel had free hot breakfasts daily. So I'm kinda bad at off property restaurants. Even when we stayed at Bonnet Creek Hilton it was onsite just not Disney owned. Maybe @Tony the Tigger might have some wisdom as they sometimes stay offsite.

I actually have, by chance, picked up a to go order from a Giordano’s in Orlando. Didn’t know it was Chicago “pizza” at the time. It was OK. No idea how it would compare to the original. #NYpizzasnob

They expect normal wear and tear, but if you've been in an accident, you'd need to get it fixed. The nice thing about the lease car is that if something goes wrong, you don't pay for it yourself. Like....a headlight goes out, it's replaced by the dealer where you leased it. Same with like....one of our speakers stopped working. We can take that in and they'll fix it. But if we get in an accident, it's up to the insurance company of the party at fault. If you don't get it fixed, then it might result in extra charges when you go to turn it in.

My first lease, as of 5 days ago:

CFE4D1B1-30F7-49A0-B360-E32E5F8ED862.jpeg

(This also counts as my palm tree/weather pic in sunny South Florida!)

Debating a short WDW trip either between the marathon and MLK day (15th to 17th ish) or the last few days of January. CBR is surprisingly still cheap after the refurb on AP discounts! Would like to check it out again.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I actually have, by chance, picked up a to go order from a Giordano’s in Orlando. Didn’t know it was Chicago “pizza” at the time. It was OK. No idea how it would compare to the original. #NYpizzasnob

My first lease, as of 5 days ago:

View attachment 338012

(This also counts as my palm tree/weather pic in sunny South Florida!)

Debating a short WDW trip either between the marathon and MLK day (15th to 17th ish) or the last few days of January. CBR is surprisingly still cheap after the refurb on AP discounts! Would like to check it out again.
Love the new ride(good choice of color) and thank you for the palm trees:inlove::inlove::inlove: happy booking and NJ/NY pizza snobs rule;)

Tony the Tigger

I looked at the room discount versus the free dining, for me the free dining (even upgrading it to ddp from QS) was a better deal. Your mileage may vary.

Maybe if you have more people in your party?

Hmm...haven’t looked at the DDP in a long time, forgetting the details.

CBR right now is $179 rack and $129 at discount = $50/day savings. If you get a free QS plan for one person, I don’t think you break even. (Maybe $35 actual vs the $50 discount?) If it covers 2 people, I guess you would come out about $20 ahead. Would it cover a party of three or four?

Our AP’s expire in early September, so we’ll probably go then or in August for my bday. The upgrade to DDP sounds like it might be a good idea, but not sure if you qualify with an AP because it’s not a package?

Figgy1

Premium Member

CBR right now is $179 rack and $129 at discount = $50/day savings. If you get a free QS plan for one person, I don’t think you break even. (Maybe $35 actual vs the $50 discount?) If it covers 2 people, I guess you would come out about $20 ahead. Would it cover a party of three or four?

Our AP’s expire in early September, so we’ll probably go then or in August for my bday. The upgrade to DDP sounds like it might be a good idea, but not sure if you qualify with an AP because it’s not a package?
Sadly you have to get hoppers

Rista1313

Ours is just a party of Two.. hubby and I. No AP here, so no clue!

Rista1313

ROFLOL. It would be 2 somebodies and then free dining wouldn't work at all. I always get the cheapest item on the menu and almost never get dessert. Taking the 2 somebodies I can justify character meals out of pocket;) edit. the discount we get on tickets would be gone. so even worse

I guess it depends... we did DDP in May and came out just a little ahead. DH always seems to pick the most expensive thing on the menu!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom