The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Will be heading over to the kiddos tonight to ring in the new year...nothin’ big, just the 7 of us...!!! :)
And then, as per usual, we’ll all (us and more family :)) be heading over to my folks tomorrow to celebrate pops 86th birthday, and the new year, with the traditional roast ducks (sorry, Donald... :cautious: ;)), etc....!!!!! :hungry: :happy: :)

I plan to be back on at some point later tonight, but, just in case...

15C356A8-08AE-4ADA-95E0-69D800AAE592.jpeg

...to one and all...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull: ;) :)

donaldtoo

So happy to hear that Emy is doing well. :inlove::inlove:

It's amazing to see the photos of her from month to month--her features are more definitive with each photo. This is really cool. :cool::happy: She's just adorable!!!

Thank you very much, Minnie...!!! :)

I always tell new parents “Don’t blink!”, because it all goes by so fast...I now find myself as a new grandparent reminding myself to do same...!!!!! :hilarious: ;) :)

Rista1313

Forgot to mention but I started a part-time online tutoring job. It’s teaching English to kids in China. Had my 4th lesson taught today at 6:30am. Good thing I am an early riser. Started last Wednesday. Anyway, so far it is fun and the little 6 yr old I taught today read English better than many of his American counterparts of the same age.

Is it with VIPKids? My sister in law does that.... she has done it for quite some time now. She even won a trip to China... and she's going to Disney!

donaldtoo

Forgot to mention but I started a part-time online tutoring job. It’s teaching English to kids in China. Had my 4th lesson taught today at 6:30am. Good thing I am an early riser. Started last Wednesday. Anyway, so far it is fun and the little 6 yr old I taught today read English better than many of his American counterparts of the same age.

That sounds like a pretty cool gig!!! :)
Keep us posted...!!!

Goofyernmost

Well, I'm glad it's doing better in the 2nd week. Of course Julie has every right to decide for herself, and I'm sure she had her reasons, whether they expressed them truthfully or not. It just makes me a bit sad because I'd have loved to see her in it.
For nostalgia purposes I agree, but, I almost was brought to tears when D ick Van D yke got up on the desk then did that tap dance. That offered us old folks a glimmer of hope. He is 93 years old and still able to do that, not like he once did, but, if I can do that at 93 I'll be a happy camper. Heck I can't do it now at 70. I don't know what is in the water where he lives, but, I'd like to pick up a gallon or two. I almost missed the part where the original Jane did her cameo. It was very brief and kind of exciting, but, I wasn't able to catch what she said to the current Jane. I'm not even sure she said anything.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Thank you very much, Minnie...!!! :)

I always tell new parents “Don’t blink!”, because it all goes by so fast...I now find myself as a new grandparent reminding myself to do same...!!!!! :hilarious:;):)
I've been a grandparent for almost 19 years now and to tell the truth the novelty has somewhat worn off. When they were little tykes it was different. My youngest Granddaughter just turned 7, but, I got that same fuzzy feeling the first time she called me Gampa! She had me at Gampa!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom