The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We're undecorating on or shortly after the 6th;)

My new goal is to have our house undecorated for Christmas by the 6th as well. I would have had it done by tomorrow but hubs doesn't want me carrying tubs up and down the stairs and he said with all the work he has been doing lately (Christmas services and 3 deaths w/funerals & more people in the hospital) he didn't want to do anything today (after he did a burial) and really doesn't want to do anything tomorrow. So I guess I'm okay with that. I really wish I could just hire someone to put everything away.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I like to control the oil and salt;) along with choice of veggies:hungry:

We order what's on their menu and are always happy with the food. I particularly love mu shu pork with Hoisan sauce. :hungry:

Now, having stated the above, we're actually going to have Chinese food tomorrow on New Year's Day. This is because hubs forgot to phone in the order this morning, on their busiest day of the year. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Songbird76

I agree, but, honestly I have thought and thought about it, and since they were attempting to make the movie with more of a "like the books" attitude I don't think that Julie minds at all that she isn't in it. It seems to me that it would be awfully degrading to go from the absolute lead to a 3rd or 4th level below a little to much to ask. Van D yke was a secondary lead as Bert, but, just a comedy relief as the bank patriarch. The exact status as his original portrayal of the bank patriarch. No change in status for him. I remember when they announced Star Wars... The Force Awakens. In that one both Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher returned as the same, older, but, able characters. That worked, I don't see how the same thing would have worked in Mary Poppins if for no other reason then the length of the franchise and their participation in them was so much longer and they were both older then the Star Wars Movies. I have to wonder if D. VanD would have gone in for any other character then Bert or the Banker.

I'm not trying to change your mind, just to try and explain more deeply, the reasons why I'm happier that she didn't, then I would have been if she had. The Fairy Tale nature of the movie would have been compromised for me and I would have been more focused on the personalities then the story.
Well, like I said, it is absolutely her choice to make whether or not she wanted to be in it in any capacity. I just wish she had chosen the other way. We all have our preferences...I despised the casting in the movie "The Host" based on Stephenie Meyer. Some people loved it. It will always be like that with any movie, I suppose. This one doesn't look like you imagined the character, or that one doesn't sound right, or that other one is just not a very good actor. I'm sure there were some who didn't like Julie Andrews. I've never read the books, though, so I'm not influenced by that. Though I do wonder if the movies are anything like the books or if they deviated a lot.

Songbird76

Well its here for us
Happy 2019 Y'all.
And to you! Happy 2019, everyone!! DS has been staying up late every night so he could FINALLY make it to midnight....and he did. He was so excited to light fireworks....I gave him his safety glasses and his earplugs, and he went and lit one fountain (we don't do anything that flies or goes boom), and asked if he could just go inside and watch from the window. He was so scared of all the big booms going on around us. When we came inside, he wasn't at the window. He was in his bedroom playing Roblox. DD and I watched Full House on Netflix and drank the non-alcohol sangria she made, and ate apple beignets with the vanilla sauce she made, and then went and lit a few fireworks. We saved the rest for tomorrow when it won't be so overwhelming for DS.
Hope you all have a safe and happy night!

Figgy1

We order what's on their menu and are always happy with the food. I particularly love mu shu pork with Hoisan sauce. :hungry:

Now, having stated the above, we're actually going to have Chinese food tomorrow on New Year's Day. This is because hubs forgot to phone in the order this morning, on their busiest day of the year. :facepalm::facepalm:
I'll be nice and not tell you how much sugar is in that:angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom